• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat predicted (by ESPN) to three-peat

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were they "took to the cleaners" or "robbed"?.

They missed FT's, they couldn't secure a rebound. In other words, they choked.

And while it is very true that both the Pacers and the Spurs pushed the Heat to the limit, it is also true that the Heat wasn't playing anywhere near their best ball during those series and still found a way to win.

Flimsy retort. The Heat were playing very good ball. Wade was playing as good as he had all season.

Stop trying to act is though they were only pushed because they weren't playing well. They were playing excellent teams and were pushed to the brink.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but given how the Heat tried to buy Championships... then to be pushed to the brink by both San Antonio and Indiana... I think it was a win for the little guys.

Remember, Miami should win 8+ championships easily with this team... so anything short of that will be a failure... so in my mind still a lot of work to be done. And the fact that such a young team like Indiana gave them that much trouble probably doesn't bode well for Miami winning that man titles...

Lebron may go on to win that many if he sticks around and doesn't decide to start a rap lable men's line of clothing or anything else the celebrity idiots do.. but I don't think this Miami core will meet expectations they laid out for themselves.

Buy championships? Having a high payroll guarantees you nothing ( ask the Lakers, Knicks, Brooklyn, etc).

" Should win 8+ championships easily with this team"?? Seriously? "This team" would have a bunch of players running around who would be 40+ years old.

If James stays healthy, he will have a chance to contend for a ring every season, because he will keep himself in those types of situations.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flimsy retort. The Heat were playing very good ball. Wade was playing as good as he had all season.

Stop trying to act is though they were only pushed because they weren't playing well. They were playing excellent teams and were pushed to the brink.

Wade was playing as good as he had all season?
What games were you watching?

I'm not saying that the Pacers/Spurs aren't very good teams, but if the Heat is playing very good ball, they don't win one night by 20, and then lose the next night by 20, nor do they lose every other game for nearly 2 series.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy championships? Having a high payroll guarantees you nothing ( ask the Lakers, Knicks, Brooklyn, etc).

" Should win 8+ championships easily with this team"?? Seriously? "This team" would have a bunch of players running around who would be 40+ years old.

If James stays healthy, he will have a chance to contend for a ring every season, because he will keep himself in those types of situations.

"Not 1, not 2, not 3...not 8 or even 4 but maybe 3.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. You are so complex and witty that your "implied sarcasm" was totally missed:L.

Looks like CL also missed it in post #7?:noidea:

no i didn't. just i'd RATHER see it as a kiss of death. nice try, little man...:finger:

sheesh, you can't keep my name out of a convo for one MINUTE, can you...?:laugh3:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that for next 2 to 3 years, its Heat/Thunder/Clippers/Nets/Rockets with best chances. Now if LBJ left Miami for NY or Cavs, well, maybe we could even think the Cavs could be there. Theres a good young crop of talent entering the league during this time too, we will see where they land

with all the talk of how loaded this next draft class is it WILL be interesting to see who goes where and IF all thew hype was warranted(never know who's gonna be a bust 'til AFTER the fact). should be some interesting times in the NBA...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy is a favorite over Miami imo.

They are not going to lose to the Bulls. If you shut down Drose that team can not score. They have proved they can shut down Drose.

Brooklyn I highly doubt can beat them.

In the west the Rockets have a shot at beating them because they are big inside but I really do not see a team in the west that can beat them.

The Finals will be played when the Pacers play the Heat.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and AGAIN>>>:bj:

hehe, good thing i could give a rat's ass what YOU think of what i post, dickhead...:laugh3:

i don't seem to recall YOU being the final arbiter of who's good and who isn't around here...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont get how people can think Indy can beat Miami. Maybe i am the blind one here. I just dont see it. I realize they pushed Miami to the "brink." But they got a beatdown in that game 7. i view them like the knicks or pacers of the mid 90s.. they may force the bulls to 7 games. but they arent winning it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont get how people can think Indy can beat Miami. Maybe i am the blind one here. I just dont see it. I realize they pushed Miami to the "brink." But they got a beatdown in that game 7. i view them like the knicks or pacers of the mid 90s.. they may force the bulls to 7 games. but they arent winning it.

i'm not so sure, Flauge. i think the Pacers getting them TO a game 7 says a lot. say what you will about how that game went AFTER the fact, but you never know what's gonna happen in a game anyways...

i myself think these guys are DEFNITELY up to give you a big time challenge. just my opinion, though...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you are as blind as a bat to the greatness of other teams with your Heat loyalty.

The Pacers are going to get better and the Heat have a big fat target on their backs. They are going down.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you are as blind as a bat to the greatness of other teams with your Heat loyalty.

The Pacers are going to get better and the Heat have a big fat target on their backs. They are going down.

you say that... yet i have accurately predicted the NBA champions to years in a row.. which is a lot better track record than some posting on this thread..including yourself. i also dont think i am blind to other teams "greatness." i really wouldnt use the term greatness with the Pacers.. unless losing the ECF is now grounds for greatness. Throughout last season I said the Grizzlies and Spurs scared me the most out of the West. I actively rooted for the Thunder most of last season because as good as I think the Thunder are.. Miami is in their heads. i do think Miami repeats. But it's not going to be the Pacers that end this.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i even offered CL a bet last year. A 3 month ban from CBS. Gave him the field. I took Miami. CL, a man of his word so far. He has not posted one thing on the CBS NBA board. I checked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. You are so complex and witty that your "implied sarcasm" was totally missed:L.

Looks like CL also missed it in post #7?:noidea:

I forgot to use the sarcasm font!!:lol:

Of course the Heat are the faves, they should be!! But ESPN predicting it is like the Sports Illustrated curse!!

And what's with all the Nets love? 2 teams in the east have a shot at taking down the Heat if they are healthy: the Pacers and Bulls!!

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i even offered CL a bet last year. A 3 month ban from CBS. Gave him the field. I took Miami. CL, a man of his word so far. He has not posted one thing on the CBS NBA board. I checked.

You an Admin or a mod? Why do you speak so freely about banning people?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were they "took to the cleaners" or "robbed"?.

They missed FT's, they couldn't secure a rebound. In other words, they choked.

And while it is very true that both the Pacers and the Spurs pushed the Heat to the limit, it is also true that the Heat wasn't playing anywhere near their best ball during those series and still found a way to win.

You don't think the opponent had something to do with the Heat not playing their best? What would you have said if Ray-Ray missed that shot and the Spurs won? That the Spurs only won because the Heat chose to not bring their best effort?