• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat predicted (by ESPN) to three-peat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the kiss of death for the Heat!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the East can stop them, though I can see OKC or Golden State sending them to 7 games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the kiss of death for the Heat!!

On a side note, look at WC predictions.

Remember when I said that if you evaluate all of the teams based on everything being equal vs best or worst case scenarios that the Lakers would fall under Dallas and be about equal to New Orleans and Minnesota?

As far as the Heat, the kiss of death will more likely be when people start telling them they can't lose (like in season 1). That leads to complacency.

As long as James continues to be the most motivated player ( or close to it) during off seasons, good luck trying to beat him during the regular season/ playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody can beat them in the East except Indiana possibly, but might need a new coach to do that.

I think a couple teams could give them a good series in the Finals though, including the Spurs, the rest we will see.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Indiana
2. Oklahoma City
3. Miami
4. San Antonio

Enjoy it while it lasts because the Heat are going down this coming season. Thanks for playing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Rose maybe the Bulls could do it. But he's got to stop being such a wussy.

Rose shot 6% when James defended him during his MVP season playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, look at WC predictions.

Remember when I said that if you evaluate all of the teams based on everything being equal vs best or worst case scenarios that the Lakers would fall under Dallas and be about equal to New Orleans and Minnesota?

As far as the Heat, the kiss of death will more likely be when people start telling them they can't lose (like in season 1). That leads to complacency.

As long as James continues to be the most motivated player ( or close to it) during off seasons, good luck trying to beat him during the regular season/ playoffs.

:omg: Look who didn't get the implied sarcasm!! Shocking!! :shocked:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you guys are saying that the only team that can beat them in the East is Indiana. Brooklyn, Chicago, and quite possibly the Knicks can give the Heat a run. Wade hasn't been himself consistently for awhile now, he's older and he's injury prone. Plus Miami has a size problem and if Indiana had anyone that could score consistently, I felt they could have beat the Heat.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree. i actually think the Pacers and maybe even the Bulls have a shot...

It took a desparate shot made on faith and prayer for the Heat to beat the Spurs who are old as hell, so nothing is guaranteed. With a little luck and a few injuries, the Heat could be completely screwed. Every team is just one injury away from being knocked out

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a desparate shot made on faith and prayer for the Heat to beat the Spurs who are old as hell, so nothing is guaranteed. With a little luck and a few injuries, the Heat could be completely screwed. Every team is just one injury away from being knocked out

It was worse than that...

It took a missed free throw that could have sealed the game no matter how many steps that desperation shot took... 75% of the time, he hits that and the game is over.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was worse than that...

It took a missed free throw that could have sealed the game no matter how many steps that desperation shot took... 75% of the time, he hits that and the game is over.

The Spurs really got took to the cleaners and robbed on that one - I felt for them.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that for next 2 to 3 years, its Heat/Thunder/Clippers/Nets/Rockets with best chances. Now if LBJ left Miami for NY or Cavs, well, maybe we could even think the Cavs could be there. Theres a good young crop of talent entering the league during this time too, we will see where they land

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs really got took to the cleaners and robbed on that one - I felt for them.

How were they "took to the cleaners" or "robbed"?.

They missed FT's, they couldn't secure a rebound. In other words, they choked.

And while it is very true that both the Pacers and the Spurs pushed the Heat to the limit, it is also true that the Heat wasn't playing anywhere near their best ball during those series and still found a way to win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: Look who didn't get the implied sarcasm!! Shocking!! :shocked:

Sorry. You are so complex and witty that your "implied sarcasm" was totally missed:L.

Looks like CL also missed it in post #7?:noidea:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but given how the Heat tried to buy Championships... then to be pushed to the brink by both San Antonio and Indiana... I think it was a win for the little guys.

Remember, Miami should win 8+ championships easily with this team... so anything short of that will be a failure... so in my mind still a lot of work to be done. And the fact that such a young team like Indiana gave them that much trouble probably doesn't bode well for Miami winning that man titles...

Lebron may go on to win that many if he sticks around and doesn't decide to start a rap lable men's line of clothing or anything else the celebrity idiots do.. but I don't think this Miami core will meet expectations they laid out for themselves.