• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HeartBroken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings always break my heart but I still root for them anyways. I'm pissed right now but I'll get over it. We did play a lot better than last week. I still think we're in for a 5 or 6 win season at best. Poor secondary play at the end cost us and also settling for a FG before the bears scored that TD.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated acknowledging it, but I said it when Peterson got stuffed, forcing them to settle for the Blaire Walsh field goal - the game was already over at that point. Guion made a ridiculous play with the Vikings up by 3 when he ripped the ball away from Forte. That was the Vikings chance to put the dagger in and put the game basically out of reach for a Bear's comeback. They got all the way to the redzone and screwed it up. They should have ran a play that had Ponder throwing to Rudolph or Jennings, giving him a possibility to run for the TD if they weren't open.

This might be unpopular, but especially needing the win as badly as they did against a division rival, to me, at that point in the game, anything within about 5 yards of the goal line was 4 down territory. They might as well have just gone for it. Worst case scenario, barring an insane turn of events, they turn it over on downs with the Bears pinned deep in their own territory, Vikes still up by 3, and a Bears FG can tie it, but they still need the TD to win it. By going up by six, you force them to get the TD, but the TD still wins it. I'd rather go for the outright win with the worst outcome being Chicago being tempted to go for the tie and a possible tough FG then them going in knowing it's either TD or game over. I question the coaching on giving to AD in that situation and then settling on the FG as well. They basically just bent over and took it, praying that they could prevent the Bears from scoring.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponder had a heck of a game, not looking forward to re visiting this match up in Minny... Till then, good luck.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks. we never do well in chicago. hopefully we can get past the browns next week.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad boys, I see you winning at least 4 games this season.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel bad for the vikings that there behind the packers in the division wont last for long.....

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a heartbreaker for sure. I'm still reeling from it...had to read a whole Harry Potter to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Eli Manning threw 4 INTs today, if it makes anyone feel any better. Even Ponder didn't pull that.

Guion's move just about bowled me over. It's what I've been begging, praying, screaming for for YEARS from the vaunted Vikings' defense. And it FINALLY went down. I hope he keeps it up, I'll be his biggest cheerleader for sure. Peterson passed 9,000 yards today.

Leslie Frazier blames his playcalling for the loss, and I can't help thinking if we'd run a misdirection play, or even a five-wide into the endzone so we could've gotten a TD instead of that last field goal...still, what's done is done.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way about the Bears performance, but at least they got the 'W'. The Bears stupid miscues cost them at least 10 pts, and resulted in 2 TDs for the Vikings. As said in a previous post, I am not looking forward to the next game. The Vikings are always tough at home and I definitely believe they will be in the mix at the end of the season.

Good luck this season guys.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If this division is as tough as it looks like it might be, all 4 teams may lose to each other at their house. If all teams split divisional games, Vikes are still in the mix.
Secondary will continue to gel. And eventually Bishop will replace Henderson, or at the very least replace Mitchell....fingers crossed.
Vikes can be 2-2 at the bye, then it's all up in the air again.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off a tough loss, 0-2, first home game, yeah I suspect the Vikes will take out a lot of frustration on Cleveland. GL til we meet again.

TheSconnieNation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Life as Vikes fan: Browns go 0-2 then lose RB, start 3rd string QB. Vikes at home w/ best player in NFL, still only 6-pt favorite. #Ponder"

Had to steal this quote.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carla The Viking

Okay boys, THIS is when we pull out the "we suck". Word on the street is the Vikings are looking at drafting McCarron. To which I say :L

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carla The Viking

Okay boys, THIS is when we pull out the "we suck". Word on the street is the Vikings are looking at drafting McCarron. To which I say :L
It was pretty clear that they sucked last week prior to the loss to Cleveland. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, it's just that a few of us were just able to acknowledge that fact after the consecutive losses in Detroit and Chicago. While the offensive line is horrible, even AP is having a bad year, with the return of his fumblitis as the icing on the cake.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No since in letting Ponder to continue to throw away games. Cassell needs to be given a serious look asap.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty clear that they sucked last week prior to the loss to Cleveland. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, it's just that a few of us were just able to acknowledge that fact after the consecutive losses in Detroit and Chicago. While the offensive line is horrible, even AP is having a bad year, with the return of his fumblitis as the icing on the cake.

Last week definitely gave my mood a hit. I just hoped we could pull it together against the Browns sans their best RB. Hence, I'm drunk and seriously considering getting drunker.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week definitely gave my mood a hit. I just hoped we could pull it together against the Browns sans their best RB. Hence, I'm drunk and seriously considering getting drunker.
You got drunk because the team sucks and lost? I'd advise against doing that as a habbit. You would know as well as I do that this is one of the ultimate heartbreak franchises of the NFL. If this season pisses you off that much, I can only imagine what it was like after losing the '09 NFC Championship game.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got drunk because the team sucks and lost? I'd advise against doing that as a habbit. You would know as well as I do that this is one of the ultimate heartbreak franchises of the NFL. If this season pisses you off that much, I can only imagine what it was like after losing the '09 NFC Championship game.

I don't know what you're talking about. We didn't field a team in '09. :L