• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only THREE NFL teams think they dont need a GM...

Bengals
Cowboys
Eagles

Thats all you need to know about how dysfunctional the Eagles have become.

1 common denominator between the three...their owner is an egomaniac.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but what you are missing is that that first salary floor window closes in 2016. That link was from spring 2015, prior to signing Murray, Maxwell and picking up Bradford's contract. It says the eagles had to spend just $33 mill in new money by the end of 2016. More than likely we already took care of meeting the salary floor. If we were waaay under the salary minimum, you could argue Lurie is being Cheap and fired Chip because he was spending too much money. The facts show, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Lurie has never been cheap, but he does believe in making good investments. He doesn't like to waste money.

Here is the dead money numbers for the Eagles for the last few years. There are the dollars spent on players not on the roster. i.e. Bad investments.

2011 $6M
2012 $9.5M
2013 $12M
2014 $10M
2015 $19M

And for 2016? Still paying for Mathis ($1M) and Jones($.25M), and potentially well over $20M if you cut Murray (13M), Cooper (2.4M), Sanchez ($2M), Ryans ($1M). Not to mention that several of the other contracts like that for Maxwell, Kendricks, Mathews and Sproles will likely have significantly dead money before all is said and done.

So Kelly spent much more money, and wasted most of it.

The league rules you quote are accurate, but immaterial to the discussion at hand. The Eagles have always complied with the rules and spent somewhere in the middle of the pack. There is no question that under Kelly they spent much more and wasted much more.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be just fine with Coughlin ... but I don't think the Eagles interest in him is for the head coaching job and I'm not sure he wants to jump right back into the fire anyhoo. This is all pure speculation, but let's for the moment say Coughlin to the Birds as head coach comes true ... it brings stability back into the mix. Shurmur can stay on as OC (more likelihood Bradford comes back with a head coach of Coughlin's pedigree and his OC back in the fold). All we would need is a new DC and we're ready to roll. Does anyone really want Doug Pederson over a Tom Coughlin?

No, and I think I articulated something like your post awhile ago. Definitely want Coughlin, since we lost Gase, andf have no interest in McDermott or Jackson. Bring Tom in to bring leadership and structure, and mentor the next coach.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want Gase.
The Eagles don't want McDermot.
The idea of adding Coughlin is growing on me but I seriously doubt the Eagles are serious.
I'd even consider McDaniels before Peterson.
Lurie did the right thing to fire Kelly but he is making a huge mistake by giving power to Howie and failing to bring in a qualified football GM.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very intrigued by Matt Patricia. Love to get him in here for an interview

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Pats coordinator has been an NFL bust as a head coach....Jury still out on O'brien just sayin.

Yeah I know past history hasn't been impressive, but this is the first coordinator I'm personally interested in from that NE team. I come away more impressed the more I read about Patricia, and I love what he's done with that NE defense the past 3 years. We'd obviously still need a damn good OC.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be just fine with Coughlin ... but I don't think the Eagles interest in him is for the head coaching job and I'm not sure he wants to jump right back into the fire anyhoo. This is all pure speculation, but let's for the moment say Coughlin to the Birds as head coach comes true ... it brings stability back into the mix. Shurmur can stay on as OC (more likelihood Bradford comes back with a head coach of Coughlin's pedigree and his OC back in the fold). All we would need is a new DC and we're ready to roll. Does anyone really want Doug Pederson over a Tom Coughlin?
Did you see his resignation press conference? Didn't sound like he was done at all.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lurie has never been cheap, but he does believe in making good investments. He doesn't like to waste money.

Here is the dead money numbers for the Eagles for the last few years. There are the dollars spent on players not on the roster. i.e. Bad investments.

2011 $6M
2012 $9.5M
2013 $12M
2014 $10M
2015 $19M

And for 2016? Still paying for Mathis ($1M) and Jones($.25M), and potentially well over $20M if you cut Murray (13M), Cooper (2.4M), Sanchez ($2M), Ryans ($1M). Not to mention that several of the other contracts like that for Maxwell, Kendricks, Mathews and Sproles will likely have significantly dead money before all is said and done.

So Kelly spent much more money, and wasted most of it.

The league rules you quote are accurate, but immaterial to the discussion at hand. The Eagles have always complied with the rules and spent somewhere in the middle of the pack. There is no question that under Kelly they spent much more and wasted much more.
We agree Chip Kelly wasted money.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and I think I articulated something like your post awhile ago. Definitely want Coughlin, since we lost Gase, andf have no interest in McDermott or Jackson. Bring Tom in to bring leadership and structure, and mentor the next coach.
You're sleeping on Hue Jackson. Dude's gonna be good.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see his resignation press conference? Didn't sound like he was done at all.

Didn't see it ... but I'd be good with either he or Hue Jackson. I have a feeling though it will be someone on nobody's radar right now.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson looks absolutely lost in this playoff game! he has no clue what to do!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, well when all else fails have your QB chuck up a deep jump ball and hope for PI!....Call me unimpressed by Hue Jacksons game plan thus far.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, well when all else fails have your QB chuck up a deep jump ball and hope for PI!....Call me unimpressed by Hue Jacksons game plan thus far.

Damn, he's playing with one of the handful of QB's Bradford is better then. Your game plan kind of changes.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only THREE NFL teams think they dont need a GM...

Bengals
Cowboys
Eagles

Thats all you need to know about how dysfunctional the Eagles have become.

1 common denominator between the three...their owner is an egomaniac.
jerry-jones-o.gif

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, he's playing with one of the handful of QB's Bradford is better then. Your game plan kind of changes.
Actually, I think the kids gonna be decent.....they should have been running Hill! instead they have been throwing the hell out of it in the pouring rain.....Pacman just had a heck of a punt return, so Hue is gonna have a chance here....Looks like Big Bens done. Burfict knocked his ass out....yeah remember that guy? no comment!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ole Hue pulled it out.....still not impressed, thought much of his play calling sucked.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think the kids gonna be decent.....they should have been running Hill! instead they have been throwing the hell out of it in the pouring rain.....Pacman just had a heck of a punt return, so Hue is gonna have a chance here....Looks like Big Bens done. Burfict knocked his ass out....yeah remember that guy? no comment!
Classic Burfict.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict, Pacman, and Porter, one day, Cincy will care about character.