• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He Deserved A Head Slap

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about it - he's something alright. It makes me feel that much better that I kicked his ass this year in Briz's league.

LOL! You got me pretty good too!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is I am not the problem here, it's all the Patriots homerism and speculation.

Answer some real simple questions.

1. Is a player allowed to put his hands on a ref?

2. Are refs payed to prevent volatile situations from escalating?

3. Are refs allowed to use their hands and bodies to seperate players?

4. Was anyone on the field and heard what was said between Blount and the ref?

5. Do any of you have degrees in human psychology?

When you answer no you should realize how fucking dumb the premise is that a ref would have been the cause for a Patriots player being ejected, it was and is a stupid proposal,

And as to TKO and Bruschi suck fest, you two love ball washing one another and that's okay it serves you both well, but both especially TKO are homers damn near to the point of M10. I am not a troll if that's how you see it I am okay with that, does not negate the idiocy of the proposition layed down by TKO. And that is what this conversation was about

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I agree with mojo.

Refs can touch players, players may not touch refs.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I agree with mojo.

Refs can touch players, players may not touch refs.

I am not trying to be a dick about this, but it's just that simple. Mehh I am done with this IMO this thread and few others speak volumes to the type of fans the Pats have and why this fanbase is so disliked.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is I am not the problem here, it's all the Patriots homerism and speculation.

Answer some real simple questions.

1. Is a player allowed to put his hands on a ref?

2. Are refs payed to prevent volatile situations from escalating?

3. Are refs allowed to use their hands and bodies to seperate players?

4. Was anyone on the field and heard what was said between Blount and the ref?

5. Do any of you have degrees in human psychology?

When you answer no you should realize how fucking dumb the premise is that a ref would have been the cause for a Patriots player being ejected, it was and is a stupid proposal,

And as to TKO and Bruschi suck fest, you two love ball washing one another and that's okay it serves you both well, but both especially TKO are homers damn near to the point of M10. I am not a troll if that's how you see it I am okay with that, does not negate the idiocy of the proposition layed down by TKO. And that is what this conversation was about

You deserve a head slap. Any ref who decides to get overly physical with a player, who is not doing anything physical, is inviting a retaliatory move by the player. It happens fool. If Blount so much as resisted that ref, he probably would have been flagged by him. By the way, he flagged Justin Smith and started jawing at him after doing it like he wanted to go at it with him. He's an over the top official and anyone with half a brain should be able to see his actions were over the top with Blount but I guess that's why you don't get it.

"That's Garth DeFelice, he's one of the toughest Umpires in the National Fooball league."

Things that don't sound right...

Last edited by a moderator:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garth DeFelice had played linebacker for Russ Leslie at Patrick Henry High and Claude Gilbert at San Diego State.

“The guy’s(Rams Running Back) running right at me and I think he’s going to cut,” he(DeFelice) says. “I figured if I moved, it would be the wrong way. I’m thinking this guy is going to hit me, so I just forearmed him. It looks like I slugged him. He went down like a sack of potatoes. I was protecting myself, more than anything. If I punched him, I would have been fired.”

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Wednesday, Sapp denied bumping DeFelice and doing anything to warrant three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that helped turn a third-and-20 situation for the Jaguars into a first-and-goal from the Raiders' 2-yard line and resulted in Sapp's ejection.
"It was all just words," Sapp said. "I never put my hand on nobody, never bumped nobody, never did anything."
The fact the league has had four days to review videotape of the situation and hear from Boger and his crew without handing down a suspension seems to support Sapp's contention.
Several Raiders said they didn't see Sapp make contact with any official. Coach Lane Kiffin said the Raiders' videotape from the game cut off before the bizarre scene unfolded.
Kiffin said Wednesday that he doesn't expect there to be any repercussions.
"We made contact (Wednesday) morning, and (the league is) getting back (to us)," Kiffin said. "I don't think there's anything to it."... "It makes no sense to nobody why (I'm) the first dude that's ever been thrown out of an NFL game for non-physical contact," Sapp said. "I felt cheated. I felt like I should have whipped somebody's ass.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeFelice: As the end of the play developed, I saw the New Orleans quarterback’s mask being grabbed and twisted. However, as I threw my flag, I lost sight of the subsequent action by the New York defender. I continued to officiate and moved toward the dead-ball spot, keeping my eyes open for any extracurricular activity. Then I saw a New Orleans player reach down and grab the New York defender’s mask as he lay on the ground. What I did next was instinct. Being only a few steps away, I tried to physically and verbally dissuade the New Orleans player from continuing his course of action. That resulted in a number of us falling to the ground, and the wrestling match ensued. While on the ground, I tried to get the New Orleans player to let the mask go both by pulling on his arm, and yelling for him to let go. Finally, he succeeded in pulling the helmet off. He then crawled out of the pile and threw the New York Jet helmet. I did what I did because I believe it is our job to keep the peace at all cost. I did not think about doing it, I reacted on instinct. Unless we get involved, that type of occurrences will become more frequent, and far more serious.

So he has a belief that it's his job to get involved "physically" in order to keep the peace. That says volumes about him and why he overreacted to Blount.

"That's Garth DeFelice, he's one of the toughest Umpires in the National Fooball league."

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of 49ers fans felt the ejection of 49ers defensive end Justin Smith in last week’s game against the Chargers was somewhat unfair.

Surprisingly, the NFL agreed. (Or at least they felt his ejection from the game was enough punishment for the crime.)
The league didn't fine Smith for the incident, according to Matt Maiocco of Comcast Bay Area....

...After watching Smith shove umpire Garth DeFelice on tape, the league must have decided it was unintentional. In most previous cases, the NFL has fined players for touching officials in addition to ejecting them.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sum it up

defelice is a dirtbag

Blount would be ejected long before he would:suds:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO said:
So he has a belief that it's his job to get involved "physically" in order to keep the peace. That says volumes about him and why he overreacted to Blount.

That's not an opinion. That's fact. Officials have to get involved physically, and have to throw their bodies between guys 2-3 times bigger than them, or games will get out of hand consistently. It's part of the job.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I (dis) like are his comments about how he just reacted "instinctually". He thinks it's perfectly ok for him to react by instinct, but a player cannot instinctually put up his hand when being elbowed in the chest.

Reminds me of the BS surrounding Dennards "assaulting a police officer" charge when what he did was punch a bouncer that grabbed him unanounced, from behind, and when Dennard reacted in self defense...bouncer becomes off duty cop.

Off duty cops that are moonlighting as barroom bullies (spin, I know) should not be treated as on or off duty cops that are acting as LEO's.
Nor should a ref be able to act with impunity to "defenseless" players. Same as when Bill gently "touched" a ref on the arm to get his attention.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not an opinion. That's fact. Officials have to get involved physically, and have to throw their bodies between guys 2-3 times bigger than them, or games will get out of hand consistently. It's part of the job.

Who's disputing the fact they have to break stuff up? However, this particular official seems to relish it and has a history/rep built on it. IMO, no official should be referred to in this way:

He deserved a head slap because what he did to Blount was unwarranted and over the top. Not only does he go over the top physically, he also does it verbally and gets all in a player's face. It's on film. In the Colts game, there was nothing more than words being exchanged but DeFelice overreacted and could have easily led to the ejection of a great player...umm been there done that already with Sapp and Smith. He's not the show but he more than likely thinks he is at times..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official shouldn't be making himself bigger than the game. I'm not disputing that. But getting physical is a big part of his job.