• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He Deserved A Head Slap

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the connection Tigger. If Blount inadvertently brushed the referee while the referee was pushing him, that official would have ejected him.

It would have cost the Patriots the services of Blount for the remainder of the game.

Maybe I gave him too much credit when I said he wasn't stupid...

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the player from the Niners was wrong don't you? The ref went in there to break up an altercation and the Niners player pushed the ref in the back. How the hell is that the refs fault? Players know you can not touch a ref, a ref is payed to break up that shit up, how the hell is the ref wrong and more importantly how in Gods name was the ref suppose to be responsible for getting a Pats player ejected?

Pushed the ref in the back? Open your eyes. Smith put his hand on the back of the ref's upper right arm and moved him aside but only after the ref put his elbow into Smith's chest and started pushing him backwards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL46vIFXR6M]Garth DeFelice Capable of Impartiality? - YouTube[/ame]

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref did not lose control of his temper again it's his job to get between players and prevent things from escalating. The ref doing his job would have had nothing to do with any player putting his hands on a ref, that is never an acceptable action and players know that apparently Patriot fans do not.

In short you can not say what he appeared he was going to do you can't base an argument on speculation and what ifs.

You're crazy. That ref pushed Blount away from all the other players mouthing off then put his chest into him and continued to push him back and jaw at him. DeFelice acts like he's full of himself and loves his rep. He once delivered a forearm shiver to a Rams RB and put him on the ground.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VQcL-YvhLE]Referee Tackles NFL Player (Great Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:

Yes and I have no issues with that, and IMO OP is making a mountain out of a molehill. An official can and should go hands on if he is trying to prevent an altercation. When you look at the gif it appears things were already getting chippy IMO the official was attempting to prevent it from flaring up even more.

I mostly agree. In the San Fran clip he was barely touched and there was nothing threatening or malicious about the "touch".

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if you've seen the full sequence or not; from my viewing of the full sequence, it pretty much looked like he flew right off the handle. He was full on raging. That was my opinion seeing it live; that's still my opinion.

I thought he was being an idiot when I saw it live but then after reading more I realized he has a history of acting that way. I'm glad you remember it because he kept yapping at Blount well after it was over but the gif doesn't show it. The guy obviously wanted to do his "thang" on nat'l TV.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was being an idiot when I saw it live but then after reading more I realized he has a history of acting that way. I'm glad you remember it because he kept yapping at Blount well after it was over but the gif doesn't show it. The guy obviously wanted to do his "thang" on nat'l TV.

We had a pretty pissed off conversation about it in my living room watching the game - that's the main reason I remember it >.>

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the player from the Niners was wrong don't you? The ref went in there to break up an altercation and the Niners player pushed the ref in the back. How the hell is that the refs fault? Players know you can not touch a ref, a ref is payed to break up that shit up, how the hell is the ref wrong and more importantly how in Gods name was the ref suppose to be responsible for getting a Pats player ejected?

Watch the clip again. Smith lightly brushed his arm away. He did not push him in the back.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref did not lose control of his temper again it's his job to get between players and prevent things from escalating. The ref doing his job would have had nothing to do with any player putting his hands on a ref, that is never an acceptable action and players know that apparently Patriot fans do not.

In short you can not say what he appeared he was going to do you can't base an argument on speculation and what ifs.

Evidently you did not see it in game. Ref was out of control and out of line. He was not in control of his temper.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a pretty pissed off conversation about it in my living room watching the game - that's the main reason I remember it >.>

It pissed someone off and it didn't even happen to them? LOL! That proves how much he deserved a head slap. Blount deserves credit for not letting it get to him.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pushed the ref in the back? Open your eyes. Smith put his hand on the back of the ref's upper right arm and moved him aside but only after the ref put his elbow into Smith's chest and started pushing him backwards.

Garth DeFelice Capable of Impartiality? - YouTube

Moved him so pushed? WTF man really!!! So you do at least acknowledge that he put his hands on the ref and physically attempted to move him and thats okay in your book? Even the announcers say " Ohh thats bad" when Smith touched him.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy. That ref pushed Blount away from all the other players mouthing off then put his chest into him and continued to push him back and jaw at him. DeFelice acts like he's full of himself and loves his rep. He once delivered a forearm shiver to a Rams RB and put him on the ground.

Referee Tackles NFL Player (Great Quality) - YouTube

Wow you are a total fucking moron until you posted this I just thought " Well this is TKO he is the boards biggest homer "! :L

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you are a total fucking moron until you posted this I just thought " Well this is TKO he is the boards biggest homer "! :L

Man - are you stupid. Blount had done NOTHING. NOTHING. The ref got in his face, mouthed off to him and pushed him. And all Blount was doing was what again?

Mojo - do yourself a favor. Shut up - because you truly are an idiot and are arguing for the sake of arguing.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone besides Mojo tell me why he used the name Logic Applies on the ESPN board?

It does not compute...

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching that Justin Smith video is comical...how does an NFL referee even get a reputation as one of the toughest officials in the league?

Announcer: "That's Garth DeFelice, he's one of the toughest Umpires in the National Fooball league."

Obviously because he likes to mix it up with players. How else would get that rep?

Case closed, he likes what he does and he took it too far and for no good reason with Blount.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone besides Mojo tell me why he used the name Logic Applies on the ESPN board?

It does not compute...

Krafty - I am beginning to believe that Mojo is a troll.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krafty - I am beginning to believe that Mojo is a troll.

LOL! I get 1000 word attack posts directed at me because I criticize the team but he says I'm a homer???

If I'm a homer...he's a troll.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I get 1000 word attack posts directed at me because I criticize the team but he says I'm a homer???

If I'm a homer...he's a troll.

I'll say this about it - he's something alright. It makes me feel that much better that I kicked his ass this year in Briz's league.