• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He Deserved A Head Slap

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was breaking up a fight. Was he supposed to say "excuse me...um, you guys? excuse me, will you please back up and stop instigating a rumble? Thanks so much."

Yes and then he was suppose to remove all the helmets from all Patriots players on the field and gently wipe the sweat from their brows.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes on for a while after that. The gif alone wouldn't be any big deal, but it went on long enough to be noticeably weird during the live broadcast. Yeah, he was breaking up a fight, but yeah, he took it way too far.

Not saying the league should do anything, mind.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes on for a while after that. The gif alone wouldn't be any big deal, but it went on long enough to be noticeably weird during the live broadcast. Yeah, he was breaking up a fight, but yeah, he took it way too far.

Well without seeing it again I can't say he went to far. I mean here is a guy surrounded by behemoths in the middle of battle, well padded, with high T levels and he has to maintain control. I am sure there was a lot of post altercation verbiage that was not conducive to calming the situation.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was breaking up a fight. Was he supposed to say "excuse me...um, you guys? excuse me, will you please back up and stop instigating a rumble? Thanks so much."

The only problem with that is: NO ONE WAS FIGHTING!

A player on the Colts started mouthing off after the play from what I remember and Blount gave it back but that ref decided to get physical and all in Blount's face... plus he did a lot more yapping than any players did.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. That ref decided to get crazy and could have cost the Pats a player.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. That ref decided to get crazy and could have cost the Pats a player.

:L How the hell could the ref cost the Pats a player. Please do tell, I have got to hear this.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L How the hell could the ref cost the Pats a player. Please do tell, I have got to hear this.

You're not stupid...watch the youtube video of Justin Smith getting ejected. It's in the thread.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not stupid...watch the youtube video of Justin Smith getting ejected. It's in the thread.

So you just refuse to answer the question because it was a dumb thing to say from the outset?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize the player from the Niners was wrong don't you? The ref went in there to break up an altercation and the Niners player pushed the ref in the back. How the hell is that the refs fault? Players know you can not touch a ref, a ref is payed to break up that shit up, how the hell is the ref wrong and more importantly how in Gods name was the ref suppose to be responsible for getting a Pats player ejected?

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make the connection Tigger. If Blount inadvertently brushed the referee while the referee was pushing him, that official would have ejected him.

It would have cost the Patriots the services of Blount for the remainder of the game.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the connection Tigger. If Blount inadvertently brushed the referee while the referee was pushing him, that official would have ejected him.

It would have cost the Patriots the services of Blount for the remainder of the game.

So now its inadvertent? Because what the Niners player did was not by any means inadvertent it was blatant. And in Blount intentionally put his hands on a ref because he could not control himself then he would deserve to get tossed and it would be his fault not the fault of the ref. How do you not see the reach here?

NVM I think I know.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now its inadvertent? Because what the Niners player did was not by any means inadvertent it was blatant. And in Blount intentionally put his hands on a ref because he could not control himself then he would deserve to get tossed and it would be his fault not the fault of the ref. How do you not see the reach here?

NVM I think I know.

Listen up Disney-a-Holic, did I compare what Justin Smith did by touching a referee's shoulder in order to get away from the referee? No.

The Blount and Smith situations are similar because the referee instigated situations with each player by putting his hands on each player and also shoving them.

If you cannot wake up and see that, then you truly need to watch more Disney and less time spending it here.

There must be a Disney cartoon that you watch that skewed your ridiculous perception on reality.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could have cost the Pats a player because he was clearly not in control of his actions. Those of us who were watching that exchange did not trust the ref to exercise good judgment - an inadvertent brush or no brush at all could have been punished with an ejection simply because the referee had clearly lost control of his own temper.

In short, he appeared to come very close to ejecting Blount for no reason at all simply because he was out of control. What happens then? The NFLPA files a grievance, etc., Blount maybe gets an apology and some money... and the Pats lose the game.

Aside: props to Blount for keeping his cool. I wouldn't have blamed him at all for pushing that ref back, the ref was clearly out of line, and there's only so far you can push someone before they get pissed... but if he did that, he'd definitely (rightly) been ejected. Blount could have cost them big if he had lost his cool in the face of serious provocation, and he didn't.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen up Disney-a-Holic, did I compare what Justin Smith did by touching a referee's shoulder in order to get away from the referee? No.

The Blount and Smith situations are similar because the referee instigated situations with each player by putting his hands on each player and also shoving them.

If you cannot wake up and see that, then you truly need to watch more Disney and less time spending it here.

There must be a Disney cartoon that you watch that skewed your ridiculous perception on reality.

It's always the same with you. Phase one a wild homer reach, Phase two start name calling phase three defend the asinine reach you again.

The ref did not instigate a darn thing he did his job he went into a potential explosive situation and prevented it from escalating. And I assume you are unaware the refs are allowed to put their hands on players to prevent the players from putting their hands on one another, this is not some new concept. Players are responsible for ensuring they do not in any way shape or form put their hands on the ref. It's not that damn hard to figure out. So for TKO to say the ref would be responsible for Blount getting tossed is almost as asinine as your defending it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that would be blount's fault. Be smarter, like he was.

For the record, if he had lost his cool, after what happened last time he did that ruined his college career and draft stock, I would be done with him. Bye. You can walk. You have to be above that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have cost the Pats a player because he was clearly not in control of his actions. Those of us who were watching that exchange did not trust the ref to exercise good judgment - an inadvertent brush or no brush at all could have been punished with an ejection simply because the referee had clearly lost control of his own temper.

In short, he appeared to come very close to ejecting Blount for no reason at all simply because he was out of control. What happens then? The NFLPA files a grievance, etc., Blount maybe gets an apology and some money... and the Pats lose the game.

Aside: props to Blount for keeping his cool. I wouldn't have blamed him at all for pushing that ref back, the ref was clearly out of line, and there's only so far you can push someone before they get pissed... but if he did that, he'd definitely (rightly) been ejected. Blount could have cost them big if he had lost his cool in the face of serious provocation, and he didn't.

The ref did not lose control of his temper again it's his job to get between players and prevent things from escalating. The ref doing his job would have had nothing to do with any player putting his hands on a ref, that is never an acceptable action and players know that apparently Patriot fans do not.

In short you can not say what he appeared he was going to do you can't base an argument on speculation and what ifs.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref did not lose control of his temper again it's his job to get between players and prevent things from escalating. The ref doing his job would have had nothing to do with any player putting his hands on a ref, that is never an acceptable action and players know that apparently Patriot fans do not.

In short you can not say what he appeared he was going to do you can't base an argument on speculation and what ifs.

I dunno if you've seen the full sequence or not; from my viewing of the full sequence, it pretty much looked like he flew right off the handle. He was full on raging. That was my opinion seeing it live; that's still my opinion.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that would be blount's fault. Be smarter, like he was.

For the record, if he had lost his cool, after what happened last time he did that ruined his college career and draft stock, I would be done with him. Bye. You can walk. You have to be above that shit.

And you have to try to understand the refs position sometime being overly assertive is a means to quell a volatile situation. It's there job to separate players to prevent things from blowing up and oft times that requires putting their hands on players. Its a widely known and accepted practice, but somehow when it happens to a Patriot, out come the homers with their Patriot Rose Colored glasses and all of sudden if a Pats player were to get ejected it would the fault of the ref. That is just laughable.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if you've seen the full sequence or not; from my viewing of the full sequence, it pretty much looked like he flew right off the handle. He was full on raging. That was my opinion seeing it live; that's still my opinion.

I vaguely remember the incident while watching the game. Nothing stuck with me that warranted the conversation we are having now. I saw nothing so heinous that I drew the conclusion " If Blount hits the ref and gets ejected it's the refs fault"! Nope nothing like that occurred to me throughout the course of the game.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vaguely remember the incident while watching the game. Nothing stuck with me that warranted the conversation we are having now. I saw nothing so heinous that I drew the conclusion " If Blount hits the ref and gets ejected it's the refs fault"! Nope nothing like that occurred to me throughout the course of the game.

Nah but that's not what I'm saying. If Blount had hit the ref, he'd deserve the ejection no matter what happened beforehand.

What I'm saying is that the ref was in his face to the point where I was honestly surprised that he held his cool, that the ref's actions appeared to go far beyond what a ref is generally expected to do in breaking up a fight, that there was no fight on the field being broken up anyway, and that I remember thinking that he was gonna eject Blount even though Blount didn't do anything.