• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks will need to beat Arizona AND have Packers beat Vikings..

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. in order to get the #5 seed.

small bit of good news - if Panthers beat Tampa in the morning game, Arizona will rest starters against the Hawks. and Packers will at least be highly motivated to win the division at home.

i see both games as a toss-up at this point.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who really cares what seed they have? Is going to GB that much more daunting than going to Washington right now?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's another thread on this. Just rest starters next week. The Packers have rolled over and died at this point and we beat the Vikings already. Really, what's the difference at this point? The only teams playing lights out right now are the Panthers and the Cardinals. If we can't get past the North or the East then we don't deserve to advance.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a Panthers win, I wouldn't count on Arians resting starters just for the sake of resting starters. He might rest dinged up players or pull some starters early in the 2nd half, but that is probably it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

small bit of good news - if Panthers beat Tampa in the morning game, Arizona will rest starters against the Hawks. and Packers will at least be highly motivated to win the division at home.

I'm thinking I would rather have the team face GB instead of Wash.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Minnesota wins the North we can still go there as the 6 seed also.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Packers beating anybody at this point. They have the tie-breaker so they'll probably be playing in DC. Fuck it. Get healthy, sit starters, and prepare for the playoffs. And if we do go deep this is a team that we're going to be facing again. Why tip your hand in any way?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Pack looks like crap at the moment but I would still rather go to DC than GB in January.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The joy of winning in GB would be immense though.

It really matters not though, cardinals look nigh unstoppable and I have this rotten feeling in my gut they walk away with a Lombardi when all is said and done.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Green Bay/Minnesota/Washington. Is there a major difference. Not really in my eyes. If we play our game and don't make mistakes we will win and if not we probably go home. I get the Green Bay/ Rodgers narrative but it's not the same team as years past. Yes we pounded Minnesota a few weeks back but that's a different team when healthy.

I don't think you should rest everyone but if a guy is nicked up go ahead and hold him out this week. I don't think there is anything to gain for 5 vs 6 seed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like they moved the Panthers game to the last game... So AZ won't know if there playing for the #1 seed or not...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The joy of winning in GB would be immense though.

It really matters not though, cardinals look nigh unstoppable and I have this rotten feeling in my gut they walk away with a Lombardi when all is said and done.

Green Bay has had some issues though... That game was a mulligan ... The week prior Minny almost beat them in there house, so you never know...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care who we play in Round 1.
We can beat them all, or suffer a defeat by all.

All except the NYG. From that other thread, good thing we don't have to play those red hot NYG, as NOBODY wanted to have to play them. lol.

Play decent next week, then come out with a winning GAME PLAN in round 1.

Game plan is really the key. Figure it out coaches.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care who we play in Round 1.
We can beat them all, or suffer a defeat by all.

All except the NYG. From that other thread, good thing we don't have to play those red hot NYG, as NOBODY wanted to have to play them. lol.

Play decent next week, then come out with a winning GAME PLAN in round 1.

Game plan is really the key. Figure it out coaches.

Yeah, I didn't understand all the "nobody wants to play the giants" bs from a few weeks ago. They hadn't won b2b games since early Oct. and the plethora of pass rushers they had for their last 2 runs weren't walking through the door any time soon.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think the Redskins are going to be the pushover a lot of people are making it sound like. The Packers are playing like shit and the Seahawks have already won this year in Minny. I don't think getting the 5th seed is all it's cracked up to be. I still don't trust the Seahawks ability to cover tight ends and Jordan Reed is playing out of his mind right now. Plus that god awful field in DC. Put me down as not really caring if Seattle finishes 5th or 6th. I think Arizona looks better right now than Carolina anyway, should the Seahawks win their wild card game.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they moved the Panthers game to the last game... So AZ won't know if there playing for the #1 seed or not...

Wow, you're right. I imagine the NFL did that for this very reason.

I expect the Cards to play their starters for at least the 1H and perhaps the first 3 Qtr's.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you're right. I imagine the NFL did that for this very reason.

I expect the Cards to play their starters for at least the 1H and perhaps the first 3 Qtr's.

Why wouldn't they play to win?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather the Seahawks earn the #6 seed right now. The Redskins do no scare me but their shitty field does. Just look at RG3. Damn, I hope he got a nice trophy for ROY because that is his peak for his career. Send the Seahawks to GB or Minn for the first round...... at least I have confidence that our core players will be playing next season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to the Seahawks play a good game Sunday and come out with a win. Who ever we play, we play. Not going to worry about the opponent , because we should beat which ever one it is, if they can't beat anyone of these team, then it really doesn't matter because the next round has much better teams.