• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HAWKS Extend Pete Carroll.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle Seahawks have reached a multi-year contract extension with head coach Pete Carroll, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports, citing league sources.
The deal has Carroll signed through the 2025 season, Schefter adds. Carroll signed an extension two years ago that kept him in Seattle through the 2021 campaign.
The 69-year-old is the oldest head coach in the NFL. He has been leading the Seahawks since 2010 and has Seattle off to a 6-1 start this season.

Carroll owns a 106-60-1 record with the Seahawks and a .638 winning percentage. The team has had a winning record in every year since 2011.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete better not keep Ken Norton till 2025... Sometimes he's loyal to a fault...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Norton needs to leave immediately. I mean we're historically the worst defense in NFL history. How the hell can it get any worse?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norton needs to leave immediately. I mean we're historically the worst defense in NFL history. How the hell can it get any worse?
Oh, Norton will find a way, just you wait...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted in the fire norton thread about how i think the Hawks could make some changes in season. Canning your DC is almost as bad as Canning your HC in the middle of the season but there are two other guys that have a direct hand in the passing defense and the CB's/S's coaching.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete is funny that way... He has no problem cutting players that he doesn’t like, but with his coaching staff, they have very good job security....

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets contract extension...

Team falls apart around him.

Yeah, so worth it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really losing faith in Pete for a few reasons.
As much as his upbeat, positive attitude can be a good thing, it is fast becoming a form of denial for the reality of the situation. And I think the hot starts to seasons are clouding the objectivity for the higher ups and the fanbase. Not saying Petes record of winning for a decade isn't great and I like it but let's not act like the team has done much with that.
This loyalty to his staff is nothing new either. His loyalty to Tom Cable was off the wall delusional. The Oline was never even good when the team was a SB team. Yet it took seemingly forever for Pete to see it and do something.
And here we go with Ken Norton who is/was a decent LB coach and Wright and Wagner love him but he simply is not a D.C. Part of the problem is that this is Pete's defense. Always has been. And it simply doesn't work in modern day football except when you have uber talented players at every level. Even in 2014, when the team had some early injuries, the defense was average the first half of that season. And while it ended up #1 when Wagner came back and they started gelling, it also helped that they got to play against some really bad QBs during that stretch.
Which gets me to the real solution. Yes, Norton is awful and needs to go, but we need a guy that can bring in a better scheme and Pete needs to step away from that side of it and just be his rah rah self as H.C.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really losing faith in Pete for a few reasons.
As much as his upbeat, positive attitude can be a good thing, it is fast becoming a form of denial for the reality of the situation. And I think the hot starts to seasons are clouding the objectivity for the higher ups and the fanbase. Not saying Petes record of winning for a decade isn't great and I like it but let's not act like the team has done much with that.
This loyalty to his staff is nothing new either. His loyalty to Tom Cable was off the wall delusional. The Oline was never even good when the team was a SB team. Yet it took seemingly forever for Pete to see it and do something.
And here we go with Ken Norton who is/was a decent LB coach and Wright and Wagner love him but he simply is not a D.C. Part of the problem is that this is Pete's defense. Always has been. And it simply doesn't work in modern day football except when you have uber talented players at every level. Even in 2014, when the team had some early injuries, the defense was average the first half of that season. And while it ended up #1 when Wagner came back and they started gelling, it also helped that they got to play against some really bad QBs during that stretch.
Which gets me to the real solution. Yes, Norton is awful and needs to go, but we need a guy that can bring in a better scheme and Pete needs to step away from that side of it and just be his rah rah self as H.C.
I would say 90% of defensive systems won't work well with mediocre talent and 90% of defensive systems work well with uber talent. Only takes a weak link or two to have a defense get exposed. Fire Norton? Fine. I don't think that would fix the problem of lack of talent on defense, but what ever.
Cap era makes it difficult to assemble great talent on both sides of the football. That and the draft order. If Pete was willing to tank for a year or two then they could draft uber talent perhaps ( no guarantee's come with rookies).
It's true Pete likes to stick with his staff, some times too long maybe. However there is something to be said for stability and continuity. I haven't given up on the defense improving some this year, but yeah it's been rough thus far.
There is a lot more then rah rah when it comes to Pete. You see these guru's like Gase, Nagy or even Quinn get hired and fall flat on their faces. I bet the Chiefs OC lands a HC job and ends up face planting himself. HCs like BB, Carroll, and Reid actually know their stuff and win games. However at the end of the day talent wins out and I'm talking about players talent. BB isn't going to the SB this year. Not with the lack of talent he has. As for the Seahawks they need the young guys to step it up some, otherwise the talent just isn't there on defense and we can only hope the offense can carry them. If the Seahawks can win Thursday things will look up. Packers, Bucs and Saints all have their problems as well and look beatable.
The last 4 weeks have been brutal and depressing. These stretches are typical for teams during a season. With a win Thursday I think we see a run of wins for the Seahawks. Got to win that game first though! Go Hawks!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i think to many people are placing blame on the coaches and not the talent level.

I am Sorry but Diggs is a average FS at his best and below average when he is average. He lacks to speed to cover ground in a single high set and the size. Like i have stated over and over look at his plays he is always 1/2 a step behind from making a big play and that still holds true. If he was say 4 inches taller he could make up for it or a 4.4 40 guy not a 4.5 guy he could make those plays but he is not. Hawks need to find a true Free safety this next offseason. Sorry Diggs but you just do not fit the Hawks defensive play style and your slow rotation and the inability to cover ground is showing it's ugly head.

Lets just say someone faster was back there on that one play were diggs got a flag ( and shouldn't have ) the hit would have been much closer to when the ball arrived and i don't think they throw the flag even with hopkins crying. Also on rotations you wouldn't see a wide open WR with both the FS and CB trailing. A faster FS would be on top of that. Also they brought up the fact that Diggs is not recognising the play quick enough so he is even slower on his rotation.

Hawks need a stud playing FS. Diggs is not a stud but is only one step above McDougald.