• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks (3-0) @ Texans (2-1)

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the greatest of spots for our Hawks. Texans are still a quality squad and are coming off
a beatdown. They're going home while we could've beaten the Jags with our backups and head
into a game that should be tough.

RWill is going to have to pass for 250+ with 2 Td's and a few scrambles for 30 yards. I like how
we're back to using our TE's and expect that to continue on Sunday. I love TE play but it may
be max protect at times on Sunday. The roll out to the TE is the flavor of the month.

This is the week that Golden needs to bust one for a TD. Texans special teams can be taken.

I don't see us running the ball at all. Attempts maybe but not effectiveness. It's more than just
JJ Watt wreaking havoc. For 2 elite teams, we may witness the worst O Tackles as a tandem in
the NFL. Paul McQ stinks! Fine as a guard, Lousy as a LT. We are going to start to see why
Okung is an all-pro and we'll be begging for his return. Breno will have his hands full and hopefully it's not Texan jersey on Sunday.

I don't like the way our OLine is playing at all and it's going to get exposed on Sunday.

I hope we use the screen game. Coleman, Lynch, I don't care. Just use it Bevell. Sure,
run to keep them honest but screens on any downs is where it's at. Let's also stop with the
empty backfield, please. It hasn't worked at all and just gets RWill sacked. Stop already.

What else? Oh, yeah, my favorite part of our team. Our frickin' Defense. Love those guys! :suds:

Matt Schaub can be a turnover machine with pressure and I expect us and hope Quinn brings more
than just the front 4 but that may be enough if the Texans are w/out their LT, Duane Brown. Ryan Harris wasn't trash in Denver but he flat out stunk it up last week against the Ravens. Clemons should get a cpl of arm folded poses.

You add in their RT, Derek Fig Newton, and Avril, Bennett and my Grandma should all accumulate
sacks, hurries, hits and Schaub mistakes. Schaub looks great in 7on7 drills because he throws a nice ball but you put some pressure and he's tossing a snowball in the texas heat.

I like DeAndre Hopkins and obviously, Andre Johnson, who got kicked in the shin and missed part of the Raven tilt. He's day to day but we all know he'll be playing on Sunday. Bottle up Foster, make Schaub try to get it to the Andre's with our secondary and we'll be looking good.

What else? We have better special teams. Their kicker stinks. Haushka is great. We have a better QB that will know to manage his plays. Schaub is too error prone. Texans have enough D with our OT situation to put us in long downs and our O is good for 23, even with the way our OL is playing. Maybe 17 will be set up from our D.

I don't care about the early start, don't care about Houston coming off a loss and going home, don't care that our OL looks weak right now. We have the better QB, we have the big play defense to attack both of their weak tackles (assume DBrown is still out), a punt returner that is ready to break one the distance and a more reliable FG kicker that is likely to decide this game.

23-17 Hawks.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really, really hate the empty backfield on 3rd down especially on 3rd and short. They did it all last year too. One of my biggest gripes with bevell.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming into the season, this game looked a scarier than it does now. That being said, I can see this game looking somewhat like the Carolina game. They both have a great front seven. Only difference is, Houston has a more potent offense, although it hasn't shown up yet. If Foster and Tate get rolling, its gonna be a tough game. If Andre Johnson is healthy, the Legion of Boom will have their hands full. For some reason though, I feel as though this should be a two-possession victory for us. Not sure why I feel that way but I do. Knock on wood!

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston really struggled against our defense and your defense is far superior to ours. I think you will be fine. They may come out firing being back at home coming off a beating but Andre Johnson isn't 100% leaving Schaub with just Hopkins and Daniels. Don't see it as too much of a problem for you guys.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this game on a lot more simpler terms. Just burn up the clock, get first downs, and keep the Texans offense off the field. We will get a couple scores and our defense will do the rest.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston looks better at defending the pass then the run based on where they rank in yards given up. I expect to see much the same as before. Seahawks will try to gash them with the run to set up play action and I think it will work.
I will admit that I also crave a more dydamtic offense (yes despite putting up all those points against the Jags) but I just don't see the Seahawks going in that direction until needed and so far it hasn't been necessary. The Texans defends the pass better then the run so expect Lynch getting a bunch of carries, it helps the defense also when the offense can chew up the clock.
On defense, I think the Seahawks defense will shine once again.

Time to show everyone that the Seahawks can go on the road and beat a team like the Texans.

Just my off the cuff thinking on the upcoming game.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the niners game I kept emphasizing that it would have to be our defense that would win it for us. With this game I feel like it's going to be up to our offense to win it.

That being said, our offense doesn't have to be prolific like GB and Rodgers who threw 6 tds against Houston last year. We just need to be efficient and be able to finish drives with tds. As lopsided as the Jags game was I felt like it should have been even more lopsided. We are still not in peak form in terms of execution just yet.

Hawks 24
Texans 17

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting another 10 AM start out of the way... UFFFF... Should be a good battle ...

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If our front seven can stop Foster and the running game, we should be fine. Schaub without PA is not very good. With PA he is good and Andre Johnson comes into play. Our secondary is good enough, though so defensively, I think we are okay. The offense has to get into rhythm and have sustained drives and put points on the board. Balance and take what we are given. Our O-line will have to be their best. Houston's D is the real deal and we need to slow down Watt and co. with Lynch running hard. I think we can win this if we don't turn the ball over and play smart, hard nosed ball.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An early lead in this game would be a very big deal.
We tend to start games slow on offense, 0 points in our 3 opening drives this year.
If we can take it down the field and six on the opening drive, we can set an early tone.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the defense should be able to contain their offense. It's going to come down to the offense having a productive game and not coming out slow like the game against Carolina. Creating turnovers and getting points from those turnovers is going to be huge.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting another 10 AM start out of the way... UFFFF... Should be a good battle ...

On the bright side, three of those 10 am starts are packed into the first 5 weeks of the season, with only two in the remaining 11 weeks and those two games are in Atlanta (where they were 30 seconds away from winning in the playoffs) and in New Jersey against a Giants team that could either be in the midst of another run to the finish line or waiting to be put out of their misery. That one could also still be flexed, though it would probably require the Giants to not be terrible first.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tend to start games slow on offense, 0 points in our 3 opening drives this year.
If we can take it down the field and six on the opening drive, we can set an early tone.

:agree: The Hawks need to score early in this one and put pressure on the Texans.

I have also heard that Schaub is not a fan favorite in Houston and the crowd should turn on him if our D can force him into some mistakes.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every game the first drive has been a 3 and out.

Against Carolina they started on the five yard line. First down they gain 5 yards on a run play, then they get called for an illegal shift and its 2nd and 10. They call a pass play, Wilson gets pressured and he throws it away. 3rd and 10 is a screen play that gets snuffed out easily.

Against San Francisco they gain 4 yards on a 1st down run play. 2nd down play action roll out but Wilson misses an open TE. That one is on him. Third and 6 they go shotgun with Lynch in the backfield and the pass to Rice is incomplete.

Against Jacksonville they started with two runs and on 3rd and 4 had Wilson in the shotgun with an empty backfield. Wilson had time but nobody was open, which is to be expected when you give the defense ZERO illusion that it wont be a throwing play.

I think they need smarter, safer playcalling to start the game. Running on first down is ok, but at least use some play action if you are going to run on the first play of every game. And get rid of the empty backfield!

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston really struggled against our defense and your defense is far superior to ours. I think you will be fine. They may come out firing being back at home coming off a beating but Andre Johnson isn't 100% leaving Schaub with just Hopkins and Daniels. Don't see it as too much of a problem for you guys.

Don't discount your D at home and ya'll have always played Schaub tough. Anytime you have Dumervill, Suggs and Ngata, you have something.

Funny thing is, Houston still outgained ya'll but a punt return and pick 6 was the difference.

Everyone plays better at home. Maybe not Seattle style but that's why I like home dogs. Cincy vs Pack on Sunday, Ravens vs Texans on Sunday, etc. Pitt stinks so Chi was the play.

I think we win but it's our O that will be seriously challenged, not our D.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I evaluated the schedule in my Carolina thread and how Bevell would have to change up game plans vs opponents, these Texans were lumped in with Carolina. Fans weren't talking about the Panthers front 7 until after the game and why it was an under lock. I was calling for the 11 formations because why run into their strength.

Now, our O line is even worse with McQ subbing for Okung. McQ got trashed by Aldon and beat by Andre Branch. Now he's supposed to play in space vs the Texans? Sorry brethren, not happenin'.
JJWatt vs Sweezy and Breno? Seriously?

JJWatt had a fabulous game in the run dept vs a nice Raven OL. He made their all-pro guard, Yanda, look below avg. He trashed on Michael Blindside Oher. The score wasn't indicative of Houston's D. It was a function of Schaub's pick 6 and a punt return.

This is a game where Bevell earns his paycheck. We have a versatile offense so in the art of war, why not know thy enemy and strategize instead of playing to Houston's strength, though their whole d is good.

Houston is 2nd in the NFL in yards allowed and gave up 96 yards to Chris Johnson but the Titans OL is far better than ours heading into Sunday's contest. Okung will be missed.

We win with screens. I expect Coleman to have the game he did vs Carolina. Lynch should get 3 receptions. Get the TE's involved with 6 or 7. Then the WR with 12.

We win by pressuring Schaub, obviously. Dude threw a pick at SD on his 1st pass that led to a TD. Dude threw a pick 6 vs the Titans. Dude followed that up with a pick 6 at the Ravens and their special teams gave up a punt return for a TD.

Schaub is a turnover machine if we bring heat. Wags can jump routes when Schaub tries to dump it off.

1. We won't run the ball worth beans. My o/u yds for Lynch rushing is 65 and I'm taking the under.
2. RWill needs an efficient day and Bevell must get 11's, 21's and an occasional 22 to beat Houston and get some O working.

Don't be disappointed when we're getting stuffed in the run game as this is the best D we'll face all year. Our D will bail us out as will Haushka.

Same O game plan applies here as it did at Carolina with an under but a Hawk 23-17 win.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/seattle-seahawks/111162-seattle-seahawks-carolina-panthers.html

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the greatest of spots for our Hawks. Texans are still a quality squad and are coming off
a beatdown. They're going home while we could've beaten the Jags with our backups and head
into a game that should be tough.

RWill is going to have to pass for 250+ with 2 Td's and a few scrambles for 30 yards. I like how
we're back to using our TE's and expect that to continue on Sunday. I love TE play but it may
be max protect at times on Sunday. The roll out to the TE is the flavor of the month.

This is the week that Golden needs to bust one for a TD. Texans special teams can be taken.

I don't see us running the ball at all. Attempts maybe but not effectiveness. It's more than just
JJ Watt wreaking havoc. For 2 elite teams, we may witness the worst O Tackles as a tandem in
the NFL. Paul McQ stinks! Fine as a guard, Lousy as a LT. We are going to start to see why
Okung is an all-pro and we'll be begging for his return. Breno will have his hands full and hopefully it's not Texan jersey on Sunday.

I don't like the way our OLine is playing at all and it's going to get exposed on Sunday.

I hope we use the screen game. Coleman, Lynch, I don't care. Just use it Bevell. Sure,
run to keep them honest but screens on any downs is where it's at. Let's also stop with the
empty backfield, please. It hasn't worked at all and just gets RWill sacked. Stop already.

What else? Oh, yeah, my favorite part of our team. Our frickin' Defense. Love those guys! :suds:

Matt Schaub can be a turnover machine with pressure and I expect us and hope Quinn brings more
than just the front 4 but that may be enough if the Texans are w/out their LT, Duane Brown. Ryan Harris wasn't trash in Denver but he flat out stunk it up last week against the Ravens. Clemons should get a cpl of arm folded poses.

You add in their RT, Derek Fig Newton, and Avril, Bennett and my Grandma should all accumulate
sacks, hurries, hits and Schaub mistakes. Schaub looks great in 7on7 drills because he throws a nice ball but you put some pressure and he's tossing a snowball in the texas heat.

I like DeAndre Hopkins and obviously, Andre Johnson, who got kicked in the shin and missed part of the Raven tilt. He's day to day but we all know he'll be playing on Sunday. Bottle up Foster, make Schaub try to get it to the Andre's with our secondary and we'll be looking good.

What else? We have better special teams. Their kicker stinks. Haushka is great. We have a better QB that will know to manage his plays. Schaub is too error prone. Texans have enough D with our OT situation to put us in long downs and our O is good for 23, even with the way our OL is playing. Maybe 17 will be set up from our D.

I don't care about the early start, don't care about Houston coming off a loss and going home, don't care that our OL looks weak right now. We have the better QB, we have the big play defense to attack both of their weak tackles (assume DBrown is still out), a punt returner that is ready to break one the distance and a more reliable FG kicker that is likely to decide this game.

23-17 Hawks.

Great game. Sherman with a pick 6 and loses his shoe? Silences all of the Sherman haters. When do we ink both Sherman and ET ?

Schaub is still the same error prone QB we thought he was. Great in 7 on 7 drills as he does throw that nice ball but pressure = meltdown.

Haushka is money and was the difference. Glad we have some superstition on here. I've been sport superstitious since a kid.

Off to Indy to watch the young guns of 2012. Time to unleash RWill's read option running ability.

Btw, :wtf2: was Bevell doing all week?
You could see what needed to be run but had to endure the helpless pain of watching Bevell call one dufus play call after another. Ever heard of a 4 screen repertoire? Obviously, not. Not often a post game bashe,r but why just yell at Bevell after a loss? He deserves serious bashing after this W, serious.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell has been bad from the start here, and he clearly has not improved. Only one smart play call I can remember and that was the pitch to Lynch for the TD. Seemed like everything else was drop back and wait for the pocket to collapse in 1.5 seconds.