• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smart guy @Skins2021, answer this question.
There's an original bias culture, followed by attempts to even the playing field, let's call it "reversing the original bias." This is followed by yelps from folks like yourself calling the correction "reverse bias." So another correction takes place, reversing the first correction, what's the "new" status?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the "reverse" bias?

Like the fact that Haskins sucks ass and anyone who watched him last year can objectively acknowledge that but you prop him up because of his skin color

Warren Moon doesn't belong in the hall of fame. Cunningham would be a shame if he ever got in. Vick? Forget about.

Mcnair has the strongest argument

end the race BS or you are gone

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in post number 4 of this thread i addressed the race thing and its place on this thread . i addressed all parties about that and now its raised its ugly head again and not by STY . he respected the request .

so again lets keep the race thing of this site and if you need to discuss in simply go to the politics forum and chat away about it

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you yakking about? There's no reverse bias when the original bias is outlined in history.

Mahomes is definitely the best qb in the nfl

Haskins sucks. Would you defend Haskins this vehemently if he was white?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is definitely the best qb in the nfl

Haskins sucks. Would you defend Haskins this vehemently if he was white?
last time or you are gone , enough of the race thing .

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the fact that Haskins sucks ass and anyone who watched him last year can objectively acknowledge that but you prop him up because of his skin color

Warren Moon doesn't belong in the hall of fame. Cunningham would be a shame if he ever got in. Vick? Forget about.

Warren Moon belongs, IMO. Those Oiler teams were really just him and he led them to some pretty good success. And he played in a time where it was harder for a QB to have impressive stats.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a little crazy to think that with as much as QBs have to deal with far as reads, protections etc. That Haskins has only thown 1100 passes or so combined in 8 years of high school and college ball. That's 2 years of high school ball for a lotta QBs in this day n age.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've said above, but if Haskins does need another 3 seasons or so before he's properly seasoned. I'd bet dollars to donuts he'll be an ex-Redskin by then. Today's NFL just isn't geared to give a QB that type of time.

Yeah, 3 seasons is a life time. Haskins would either be gone or the Redskins would need to sign someone to be a pretty good stop gap guy for the next 3 seasons.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smart guy @Skins2021, answer this question.
There's an original bias culture, followed by attempts to even the playing field, let's call it "reversing the original bias." This is followed by yelps from folks like yourself calling the correction "reverse bias." So another correction takes place, reversing the first correction, what's the "new" status?

huh

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I couldn’t help but face palm this stupidity.

Let me start off by saying I do believe there is reverse bias.

I am extremely objective. Haskins most certainly did not suck last season. He did what was asked and improved every week. He led the offense to nearly 25 PPG, which is the biggest tell of performance.

This is where the face palm comes in...
Moon ranks 11 in passing yards...adjusted for his era, he trails only Marino and Elway.
Moon ranks 14 in TD passes...adjusted for era, he ranks third...same two but add Tarkenton.

Cunningham, Vick, and McNabb have no business being mentioned. McNabb belongs over McNair.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing how quickly people bailed on Haskins.

It’s also amazing people expect rookie QBs to come in and be great right away. Its very difficult to do that.

People want to simply ignore the online injuries, lackluster weapons, and the laughably bad coaching staff that never truly made any effort to prepare him since the day he was

can't wait for Haskins to shit all over everyone this year, he's gotten so much unnecessary hate from people who didn't even watch him play or look at his stats.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s also amazing people expect rookie QBs to come in and be great right away. Its very difficult to do that.

People want to simply ignore the online injuries, lackluster weapons, and the laughably bad coaching staff that never truly made any effort to prepare him since the day he was

can't wait for Haskins to shit all over everyone this year, he's gotten so much unnecessary hate from people who didn't even watch him play or look at his stats.

agree 100 percent I have a feeling he is gonna Ball Out this Season

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Few will answer the "why?" question honestly. Having not seen him play nor an unbiased look at his stats from the point where he was being prepared, leaves only extrinsic reasons for such disdain.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have picked him top 5 but as a 15 pick he had good value. I mostly do not join in the debate either way because it will take a while for him to develop. There is a reason to be optimistic. I am not about to make him a star yet and I am not going to trash the kid.

We have all seen QBs who weren't very good the first year or two who turned out great like Steve Young and we have seen a guy who had a good first year and has largely been been a bust since and certainly not worth what the Redskins gave up to get him.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few will answer the "why?" question honestly. Having not seen him play nor an unbiased look at his stats from the point where he was being prepared, leaves only extrinsic reasons for such disdain.

give it a rest

I think Haskins sucks because when I watched him play he sucked

I think Haskins sucks bc he is way behind on the mental/intangible side bc when I watched him play he sucked with the mental and intangible side of the game

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep seeing how people are bad mouthing haskins. But I actually haven't seen anyone with any credibility bailing on him. Other than skins2021, who thinks he is a bust already? Most I have seen say that its way too early to tell if he is a gem or a bust.