• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haskins

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys , I posted a thing on Haskins the man , person , and qb. On a football message board . I didn’t mention race nor did the piece . Haskins delivered the goods in the clip . There is absolutely no need to go race or political when we are analyzing a guy playing football

now please focus on the football and leave the other stuff at the door
My bad. Saw the first post and responded. Always have to laugh at the defensiveness.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be patient with Haskins, be very patient. He could be 3 years before he develops. He basically only started one year in college and was throw into the fire next year. I think he can be a force in this league once he gets the experience and works on weaknesses. His arm talent is crazy.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be patient with Haskins, be very patient. He could be 3 years before he develops. He basically only started one year in college and was throw into the fire next year. I think he can be a force in this league once he gets the experience and works on weaknesses. His arm talent is crazy.

Yeah its a little crazy to think that with as much as QBs have to deal with far as reads, protections etc. That Haskins has only thown 1100 passes or so combined in 8 years of high school and college ball. That's 2 years of high school ball for a lotta QBs in this day n age.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've said above, but if Haskins does need another 3 seasons or so before he's properly seasoned. I'd bet dollars to donuts he'll be an ex-Redskin by then. Today's NFL just isn't geared to give a QB that type of time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sportster 72

Thanks for the clip.Watching it and a few others linked to it. I'd say Haskins has the goods, both mentally and physically to be a legitimate starting NFL QB. The biggest factor for him might boil down to will the Skins coaching staff have the patience to let things develop.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a little crazy to think that with as much as QBs have to deal with far as reads, protections etc. That Haskins has only thown 1100 passes or so combined in 8 years of high school and college ball. That's 2 years of high school ball for a lotta QBs in this day n age.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've said above, but if Haskins does need another 3 seasons or so before he's properly seasoned. I'd bet dollars to donuts he'll be an ex-Redskin by then. Today's NFL just isn't geared to give a QB that type of time.

I agree, you can only wait so long on a guy. Now if he sits behind Kyle Allen than I could see them keeping him and then him stepping up at the right moment. Usually you have a guy like Haskins sitting behind a talented, veteran QB, well that's the goal. I'm sure Alex Smith can still help him but it's different.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sportster 72

Thanks for the clip.Watching it and a few others linked to it. I'd say Haskins has the goods, both mentally and physically to be a legitimate starting NFL QB. The biggest factor for him might boil down to will the Skins coaching staff have the patience to let things develop.

I think the kid has most of the tools. IMO there is one tool that I don't know how you measure because playing QB in college as compared to the NFL is so different due to the speed of the game. It is anticipation and decision making in a very short span of time. So many guys come out and hold the ball too long waiting or a receiver to be WIDE open. The other side of the coin is they try to anticipate quickly and put the ball in bad spots. If he has the goods in these areas he is going to be a very, very good QB.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, you can only wait so long on a guy. Now if he sits behind Kyle Allen than I could see them keeping him and then him stepping up at the right moment. Usually you have a guy like Haskins sitting behind a talented, veteran QB, well that's the goal. I'm sure Alex Smith can still help him but it's different.

Ah, the mystery that's encased in a conundrum, that's shouded by a rain cloud that's covered by a Wakada force field that is Alex Smith. I can't say I'm an Alex Smith fan in any way. The man's individual stats were absolutely shitty and getting worse as the season progressed while he was starting QB for the Redskins. But he's also the only QB to my knowledge in the Daniel Snyder Era. That has a winning record as a Washington Redskins QB. Not including the Houston game in which he suffered that horrific injury he was 6-3 as a starter and the Skins just fell off aa cliff winning-wise to the tune of 4-18 or a winning percentage of about 18%.

And that's not to say AS can't help Haskins. I'm sure he can in some way. I'm just not sure how exactly.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kid has most of the tools. IMO there is one tool that I don't know how you measure because playing QB in college as compared to the NFL is so different due to the speed of the game. It is anticipation and decision making in a very short span of time. So many guys come out and hold the ball too long waiting or a receiver to be WIDE open. The other side of the coin is they try to anticipate quickly and put the ball in bad spots. If he has the goods in these areas he is going to be a very, very good QB.
Any good QB has to "process" information quickly to survive in the NFL. That applies to every QB otherwise, they will be dispatched fairly quickly.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think he displayed that attribute a few times last year, but as you allude to. Its something that has to happen on a consistent basis. And from the tape you and dad have provided. I also think he displayed that ability.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By now everyone must be aware of the rote biases that accompany African American QB's. They are among the higher level insults and obstacles that must be overcome by any one of them daring to man, one of the manliest leadership positions in the nation. Anyone feigning knowledge and support of this bias in some form or the other, is part of the overall problem that these young men face.

What makes him football's level of unintelligent? His youth? Nope they are all young entering into the league. How about his study habits? Didn't seem to be a problem until he qualified to become an NFL QB. Oh yeah, it was the system that made him a star in school, right? Nope, because we have a living testament to that bias when looking at head to head competition with another player at the college level, who after getting beaten in that competition, isn't dealing with charges of being less intelligent, or less the QB than the guy who beat him out.
America is a nice place to live, but Americans in far too many places aren't very bright. (I'm being kind). When there are charges directed at a total stranger (for most of us) concerning his intelligence, perhaps, it's best that those leveling such charges, take a real close examination of themselves and find an answer to that introspection, that begins with... where is my support of this coming from?

What about the "reverse" bias?

Like the fact that Haskins sucks ass and anyone who watched him last year can objectively acknowledge that but you prop him up because of his skin color

Warren Moon doesn't belong in the hall of fame. Cunningham would be a shame if he ever got in. Vick? Forget about.

Mcnair has the strongest argument

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the "reverse" bias?

Like the fact that Haskins sucks ass and anyone who watched him last year can objectively acknowledge that but you prop him up because of his skin color

Warren Moon doesn't belong in the hall of fame. Cunningham would be a shame if he ever got in. Vick? Forget about.

Mcnair has the strongest argument
What the hell are you yakking about? There's no reverse bias when the original bias is outlined in history.