• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has UCF officially surpassed Miami as #3 program in the state of FL?

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lulz, i see i struck a nerve. i thought this thread was about florida schools?

Just kind of funny that 3rd tier schools like VaTech can have an opinion on such things, but I guess to each his own...

:2cents:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 1998....Oh wait nevermind. :lol:

Swamp what the hell happened with the UF game. Were the storms that bad down there? I know they had lightning, but good god never seen them cancel a game before. And UF has to pay Idaho 975,000 for it too. Any word on them making it up?

I wasn’t at the game, but it looked like a really bad cell just camped out over the stadium and dumped about 2 inches of rain in a short period of time, along with some vicious lightning. It pissed me off, I mean you gotta just wait it out and play the game, even if it means breaking the rules and starting after midnight. There was an awful lot of money wasted that night, literally millions when you think of everything that goes into a game day at a major college campus. School is still mum about any rescheduling or how much Idaho will be paid. Seems like it won’t be rescheduled in my opinion. Too much work for very little payout ( except the full payout for Idaho of course). We have two open dates, and one is before the Georgia game traditionally, and I KNOW they aren’t giving that one up......

We’ll see.....

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kind of funny that 3rd tier schools like VaTech can have an opinion on such things, but I guess to each his own...

:2cents:

g5ZHZSD.jpg

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry Hurricanes.
This is the same crap that was posted about TCU 4 or 5 years ago.

Everyone was asking whether TCU had officially passed A&M, Baylor, and Tech just a few years ago.
TCU had some gaudy seasons and a few big bowl wins as an outsider.
They got their quarterback drafted in the first round.

A&M was a bit uneven, Tech could never win the big games, Baylor sucked, and Texas wasn't beating common opponents by as much as TCU.

The answer was "NO" for TCU.
The answer is "NO" for UCF.

Put, UCF in a power 5 league and they will have growing pains just like the Big 12 version of TCU.

In the long term, it could work.
It also might work for TCU in the state of Texas.

But not today.

Miami, Florida, and Florida State are all superior programs.

Also the same crap posted about usf a blink ago. Shit, I missed ucf passing usf :noidea:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on that campus back in 07? whenever they played Texas and opened their new stadium there, Bright stadium, or something like that.

What I'll say is, the campus is sprawling and was all new stuff- nice grounds, student apartments and amenities. The stadium although new, is kind of a aluminum tinker toy type, but still fine for them now.

And they had something like 60,000 crazy Floridian students. That place was one big party. If they ever went to a big-time conference, I think they could become a yearly contender.