• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the Val Bure rant been posted?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most interesting part of this entire thread is that Pixburgher66 is tweeting and reading tweets from Candace Cameron Bure.

fess up comeds: you have been tweeting Kimmy Gibbler

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw Bob Saget live and he was pretty entertaining ... even pulled out a guitar at the end of the show and sang a lil diddy about blowing Dave Couiler

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Saget's a very dirty comedian. I hate when the childhood comedian/actors do that. It just perverts so much of my childhood. I'm looking at you Robin Williams.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the camp that thinks Bure should be in the HHOF, without a doubt... but I'm not so sure about the number retirement. As was mentioned earlier, number retirement is region specific and a lot of factors could go into that. Linden probably never would have had his number retired if he had spent his career in New Jersey, or Detroit, or Colo...err, scratch that last one.

The way I see it, you only retire someone's jersey and number if they mean so much to the organization that you would feel flat out wrong seeing another guy out there skating with his number on. It's got to be a connection with the entire franchise, from the fans on down. Did Bure mean that much? If Hodgson donned the number ten, would anyone think "man, that's just wrong"? If I saw anyone but Yzerman skating around in a Winged Wheel with the number 19 stitched on, I would probably get sick to my stomach and want to lob a beer bottle at their head. It would be like a nun shitting on a Bible. Bure was an electrifying player, but I don't think the people of Vancouver would feel offended if someone else wore the ten.

The HHOF I believe is for the future generations. This is where you honor players who HAVE to have their story and legacy told to your grandkids. If my grandchildren are hockey fans, I sure as hell would want them to know about Bure. That's a no-brainer to me.