• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the statute of limitations run out for Peyton's sexual assault?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering hers was released illegally I doubt Manning and his side want to do the same. The whole you know get sued for a 3rd time by this woman doesn't exactly sound fun. Now you can go look at her affidavit that she signed back in 1996 when she never once mentioned that his genitals touched her but only said that he dropped his pants and mooned her. Somehow 8 years later it is his genitals were resting on her face. Seems like a very big detail to leave out in a sworn document. Seems like something you wouldn't forget to put in. But hey just actually posting the facts not trying to jump to any conclusions here like somebody.

Unfortunately for your version, Deadspin has now published excerpts from the affidavit and other documents.

http://deadspin.com/how-tennessee-s-sexual-harassment-allegations-caught-up-1759118435

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean let's ignore the fact that now articles are coming out saying Manning has a case now to sue the New York Daily News for defamation of character by presenting unfounded thoughts on the situation.

My guess is that they would have to take a place in line behind lots of other folks!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I posting about that?

I apologize for assuming you were intelligent. I'll try not to repeat the error.

The point of my rhetorical question was that you can reasonably be expected to know more details about a Broncos-related scandal than I would, just as I know more about a Patriots-related scandal than you do.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't I just say that you could go find that? Yeah yeah I did. I told you go look at those kind of things and see how her story changed from 1996 to 2003. That is without even having to see Manning's side of the story and all of his legal documents.

Well, that article doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that they would have to take a place in line behind lots of other folks!

Well there is a reason that they are going bankrupt. The reporting is crap and people have grown very tired of all they have written. Heck a ex-Bronco player said that they New York Daily News published a sarcastic joke that he had said while doing a radio interview as him stating something as fact. The person who wrote the article called him personally to apologize saying he didn't want to write the article because he knew it wasn't true and was meant to be a joke but that his editors forced him to publish it under his name because they knew it would get attention. They are a joke of a news organization.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article @Fencer if you actually care to know the other side and to see why this guy Shaun King would write such an article. The bottom part about how he loves Kobe even though Kobe raped a woman and there is actual DNA evidence and a Medical Examiner talking about her injuries from said r*pe. Yet Peyton mooning this woman is so much worse. I wonder why he sides with Kobe but can't wait to drag Peyton's name through the dirt?

On Peyton Manning and Dumb People Online

As a life long NY'er I can tell everyone here the Daily News makes the NY Post look credible.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article @Fencer if you actually care to know the other side and to see why this guy Shaun King would write such an article. The bottom part about how he loves Kobe even though Kobe raped a woman and there is actual DNA evidence and a Medical Examiner talking about her injuries from said r*pe. Yet Peyton mooning this woman is so much worse. I wonder why he sides with Kobe but can't wait to drag Peyton's name through the dirt?

On Peyton Manning and Dumb People Online

First major inaccuracy I caught:

So this woman is on record under penalty of perjury saying that Manning never touched her back in 1996.

There were others as well. In general, that's not an article to hang your hat on.

However, he's probably right to say that the Mannings didn't actually violate an NDA. Probably not coincidentally, her second suit seems to have been for defamation, not NDA violation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that article doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

I read it. I read the 27 complaints she had against the university with only 1 of them actually dealing with Manning from what I can tell and it lines up with what he has said in that he was trying to moon somebody and that she saw it. That is what she said in her affidavit as well in that he exposed himself to her. Never did she say he made contact with her. Not at least until 2003 when she was suing him. Then her story changed.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for assuming you were intelligent. I'll try not to repeat the error.

The point of my rhetorical question was that you can reasonably be expected to know more details about a Broncos-related scandal than I would, just as I know more about a Patriots-related scandal than you do.
And my point was that the reason no one can link you to Manning's side of the story has been mentioned numerous times in this thread. I apologize for not realizing you were too stupid to look.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were others as well. In general, that's not an article to hang your hat on.

However, he's probably right to say that the Mannings didn't actually violate an NDA. Probably not coincidentally, her second suit seems to have been for defamation, not NDA violation.

She signed an Affidavit...If you know anything about the legal system this is a sworn document under perjury of law that you are saying this is the truth of the matter. So yes he is correct in what he is saying. The person that wrote that article used to be a lawyer if I understand correctly.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what? You were right. You really don't know much about this at all.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it. I read the 27 complaints she had against the university with only 1 of them actually dealing with Manning from what I can tell and it lines up with what he has said in that he was trying to moon somebody and that she saw it. That is what she said in her affidavit as well in that he exposed himself to her. Never did she say he made contact with her. Not at least until 2003 when she was suing him. Then her story changed.

"I don't want to talk about that! I only want to talk about the part where Peyton is a gigantic doo-doo head who keeps beating my idol!" - @Fencer

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't want to talk about that! I only want to talk about the part where Peyton is a gigantic doo-doo head who keeps beating my idol!" - @Fencer

Seems about right. I guess let's just forget that she completely changed her sworn story from 8 years earlier when all of a sudden Peyton has made millions upon millions and her changing her story would sound so much worse to the press so settling makes a lot of sense.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She signed an Affidavit...If you know anything about the legal system this is a sworn document under perjury of law that you are saying this is the truth of the matter. So yes he is correct in what he is saying. The person that wrote that article used to be a lawyer if I understand correctly.

You're just doubling down on the error.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to a live radio show with Jason Whitlock saying this dude is a complete and utter liar who has done this before. He's a pathological liar who's trying to build a career on throwing bullshit against a wall.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's completely unfair to Peyton Manning to even be discussing this right now." - Jason Whitlock