• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the statute of limitations run out for Peyton's sexual assault?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they consented.

If you want to play the "everybody has done it" card about sexual assault on dates, you'd probably be right if you go back far enough, specifically to the times when lots of women were taught to pretend to be unwilling.

But in other contexts -- no. Many of us have never, ever gotten that sexual with a woman outside of a dating/hook-up/whatever kind of situation.

Again this entire situation all depends on what the true story is. If it was him just mooning as was her original testimony back in 1996 then this is not sexual assault. At most it was be indecent exposure. Now if it is what she changed her story to in 2002-2003 then yes we are talking about Assault. I think most of us have mooned somebody at some point in our life when they were not expecting it or had not consented to us mooning them.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the stupid/evil part by the Manning family. The case settled and buried but they brought it up again in the book to protect the legacy. And they did it by trashing the reputation of the victim.

The kind of harassment Manning did WAS seen as "boys will be stupid boys" kind of crap back then (and our attitudes have changed since then) but the harassment of the victim is not.

The Mannings could have kept it buried but chose not to.

Now the Manning Family is "evil." :L

Pats fans. Just wow. :L

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? LOL... Dude.. You are a rapist!!! They weren't pretending you weirdo!

My favorite is the one who, on our second date and in her first time at my apartment, said "I'm leaving unless you handcuff me."

She's still the woman I lived with second-longest in my life, and she was still contacting me 30 years after we split up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite is the one who, on our second date and in her first time at my apartment, said "I'm leaving unless you handcuff me."

She's still the woman I lived with second-longest in my life, and she was still contacting me 30 years after we split up.
bad-advice-cat-meme-generator-no-means-no-unless-you-re-horny-and-she-won-t-let-you-de0385.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Little wonder you're all-time Top 10 for most dislikes rec'd on this site.

I'm shocked you're not top 5.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little wonder you're all-time Top 10 for most dislikes rec'd on this site.

I'm shocked you're not top 5.

It's probably because I don't post here all that often.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess we are just going to ignore that there is at least another 74-page legal document out there that gives Manning's side of the story and decide that Manning is guilty based only on this woman's testimony. Alright good to know.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. She parsed her words carefully enough to not actually have said "No". :)
Dude.. Tell me more about this time in history when girls where taught to say no.. even though they really mean yes.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess we are just going to ignore that there is at least another 74-page legal document out there that gives Manning's side of the story and decide that Manning is guilty based only on this woman's testimony. Alright good to know.
I honestly don't care. its been out there for over a decade. Anyone that didn't know about it probably is going to forget about it in a few days anyways.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. Tell me more about this time in history when girls where taught to say no.. even though they really mean yes.

Surely you're old enough to remember it as well. So this discussion has stopped being funny.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please link it. I'd be interested.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never let the facts get in the way of a good outrage!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please link it. I'd be interested.

Well considering hers was released illegally I doubt Manning and his side want to do the same. The whole you know get sued for a 3rd time by this woman doesn't exactly sound fun. Now you can go look at her affidavit that she signed back in 1996 when she never once mentioned that his genitals touched her but only said that he dropped his pants and mooned her. Somehow 8 years later it is his genitals were resting on her face. Seems like a very big detail to leave out in a sworn document. Seems like something you wouldn't forget to put in. But hey just actually posting the facts not trying to jump to any conclusions here like somebody.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean let's ignore the fact that now articles are coming out saying Manning has a case now to sue the New York Daily News for defamation of character by presenting unfounded thoughts on the situation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article @Fencer if you actually care to know the other side and to see why this guy Shaun King would write such an article. The bottom part about how he loves Kobe even though Kobe raped a woman and there is actual DNA evidence and a Medical Examiner talking about her injuries from said r*pe. Yet Peyton mooning this woman is so much worse. I wonder why he sides with Kobe but can't wait to drag Peyton's name through the dirt?

On Peyton Manning and Dumb People Online