• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hart or Morales

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we try everything in our power to lure Kendrys back. Hart isn't looking so hot and I think it would improve the club even more. At least we know what we're getting with Morales. It might not be that simple though, who says he wants o play here?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give Hart a bit more of a chance. I like his upside. I'm done with Morrison though. At least with hart we know that Hart was once capable of being a good hitter. Morrison has never really showed in his career that he could be as productive as Hart.

As for Morales...I would love to bring him in. Thing is...Boras is hard headed and he's gonna let his ego cost Morales not only a lot of money he could have gotten but also a good chunk of the year in baseball too.

I'm not sure where Morale's heart is...but if I was a player who loved playing the game of baseball and I'm on the wrong side of 30...I would hate sitting out whatever years I have left of my prime for nothing.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give Hart a bit more of a chance. I like his upside. I'm done with Morrison though. At least with hart we know that Hart was once capable of being a good hitter. Morrison has never really showed in his career that he could be as productive as Hart.

As for Morales...I would love to bring him in. Thing is...Boras is hard headed and he's gonna let his ego cost Morales not only a lot of money he could have gotten but also a good chunk of the year in baseball too.

I'm not sure where Morale's heart is...but if I was a player who loved playing the game of baseball and I'm on the wrong side of 30...I would hate sitting out whatever years I have left of my prime for nothing.

I havn't had the chance to watch any of y'alls games this year, but I was going to say take a look at Morrison. When he came up with the Marlins he showed all kinds of promise. But he has an issue with motavation, and hasn't been the same since he got sent down a couple of years ago.

With what Logic is saying it sounds like he still hasn't learned.:L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have preferred Morales the entire time and I've been vocal about how much I want the Mariners to still bring him back. An ideal situation is we bring Morales back and try to get Hart to play in the OF. From 2010 to 2013 Morrison had a dWAR of -5.8. Hart was never any gold glove defender, but he couldn't be much worse than Morrison.

I was never a fan of replacing Morales with Hart, but Hart was probably our next best option within reason.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately I agree. I think that Boras's big ego is costing Morales a lot of money. I genuinely believe that if Morales would have even taken a 1 year $10m deal, then entered free agency after the end of this season without the draft compensation attached, he would make more money than if he waits until after the draft to sign.

The upcoming free agency class is slim pickins and Morales would be one of the top hitters on the market, Morales would have been better off just taking a $10m 1 year deal then hitting the market this offseason. Somewhere I think Boras realizes this, but simply doesn't want to accept taking an offer less than the qualifying offer the Mariners gave him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales > Hart > Morrison

I still don't know what the point of getting Logan Morrison was. I can't see him outperforming what we would have gotten in a Saunders/Romero RF.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Morrison trade was more of a flyer on potential, and all the while giving up a spare in Capps. We swung, we missed, and now we wait until he doesn't prove himself (in the eyes of management) and we move on. I hope we can land Morales and fill the glaring hole at DH, and then platoon Hart and Saunders in RF because that's what we have. Occasionally Morales can fill in for Smoak at first, but for the most part he would fill the DH spot. Our lineup would look much better.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Morrison trade was more of a flyer on potential, and all the while giving up a spare in Capps. We swung, we missed, and now we wait until he doesn't prove himself (in the eyes of management) and we move on. I hope we can land Morales and fill the glaring hole at DH, and then platoon Hart and Saunders in RF because that's what we have. Occasionally Morales can fill in for Smoak at first, but for the most part he would fill the DH spot. Our lineup would look much better.

Let me preface this by saying I am all for bringing back Morales. I think it would make 3-4-5 formidable. But...to say we swung and missed with Morrison after 6 games is bit premature...

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the M's go after Morrison? It's pretty easy to figure out. Check out these career #'s

Player A- .228/.314/.389 WAR 0.2

Player B- .248/.337/.424 WAR 0.9

Player B is Morrison and Player A is Smoak. As you can see Smoak got off to a hot start this year and everyone has forgotten his complete ineptitude.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales is a fool and his career is in jeopardy this reminds me of jermaine dye he had a very good season before he retired im assuming its because he wanted a huge contract and when that didnt happen he just decided to retire

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the M's go after Morrison? It's pretty easy to figure out. Check out these career #'s

Player A- .228/.314/.389 WAR 0.2

Player B- .248/.337/.424 WAR 0.9

Player B is Morrison and Player A is Smoak. As you can see Smoak got off to a hot start this year and everyone has forgotten his complete ineptitude.
Except that we also kept Smoak. It would make sense if they planned on cutting Smoak loose. They weren't, which makes trading for his clone look really dumb.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that we also kept Smoak. It would make sense if they planned on cutting Smoak loose. They weren't, which makes trading for his clone look really dumb.

Exactly and the fact that they planned on playing this guy in the outfield. Why not just trade for an actual outfielder in the first place?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hart certainly had himself a day yesterday.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we try everything in our power to lure Kendrys back. Hart isn't looking so hot and I think it would improve the club even more. At least we know what we're getting with Morales. It might not be that simple though, who says he wants o play here?

Dang, man. Really bad timing on that post, eh?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying I am all for bringing back Morales. I think it would make 3-4-5 formidable. But...to say we swung and missed with Morrison after 6 games is bit premature...

OK. 6 games this year and two seasons of futility before that.
These guys are right. Morrison sux. I've seen enough of this 'let's wait til June and give the guy a chance' bullshit. Morrison needs to go.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. 6 games this year and two seasons of futility before that.
These guys are right. Morrison sux. I've seen enough of this 'let's wait til June and give the guy a chance' bullshit. Morrison needs to go.

:agree::agree::agree:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart missed an entire year with injuries. They've been saying for the entire spring that it could take him a bit to get back into the swing of the things (pun intended). Hopefully last night is a sign of things to come. I'm not ready to give up on Morrison just yet, but if Romero, Hart and Smoak play well for a couple of months, I think he becomes expendable. I'm torn on bringing Morales back given Boras' decision to play chicken with us and I'll be even more torn if Hart and Smoak keep hitting. Do we really want the M's spending in excess of $10 million (I'm assuming it'll be more since $10 million for one year was already rejected) on a player they might only get for half a year and who allowed his agent to waste half a year of his prime? If Hart's night last night turns out to be a fluke and Smoak cools off considerably, bringing Morales back for what it would probably take makes more sense, but if things continue to go the way they've gone at DH and 1B so far, it makes little sense.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart missed an entire year with injuries. They've been saying for the entire spring that it could take him a bit to get back into the swing of the things (pun intended). Hopefully last night is a sign of things to come. I'm not ready to give up on Morrison just yet, but if Romero, Hart and Smoak play well for a couple of months, I think he becomes expendable. I'm torn on bringing Morales back given Boras' decision to play chicken with us and I'll be even more torn if Hart and Smoak keep hitting. Do we really want the M's spending in excess of $10 million (I'm assuming it'll be more since $10 million for one year was already rejected) on a player they might only get for half a year and who allowed his agent to waste half a year of his prime? If Hart's night last night turns out to be a fluke and Smoak cools off considerably, bringing Morales back for what it would probably take makes more sense, but if things continue to go the way they've gone at DH and 1B so far, it makes little sense.

Read an article today that cited several AL and NL executives stating that if if Morales was to be signed now it would be a prorated contract between 6-10 million. It was pretty standard that he would need 50 ABs in the minors before he could join the big club. They also said that if signs after the draft, they would only offer 4-8 million.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Morrison is a disaster defensively (-5.8 dWAR from 2010-2013) and his bat does little to make up for it. Michael Saunders may not be off to the best start, but at least he offers defensive and base running value that Logan Morrison does not.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Morrison is a disaster defensively (-5.8 dWAR from 2010-2013) and his bat does little to make up for it. Michael Saunders may not be off to the best start, but at least he offers defensive and base running value that Logan Morrison does not.

Sanders would be doing better if hee was playing more regularly. He had a nice start last year before he ran into the wall.