• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harper Reported Will Sign With Phils $400 Mill

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimbrel could help the Phils but actually it’s fun watching Philly fans mimick his chicken wing delivery. Lol.

it really is and i stand by my point that relief pitchers can be night and day year to year. kimbrel is on his last days. why can't neris find that magic again? not even the closer, plenty of good arms ahead of him, don't get CK as a signing.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really is and i stand by my point that relief pitchers can be night and day year to year. kimbrel is on his last days. why can't neris find that magic again? not even the closer, plenty of good arms ahead of him, don't get CK as a signing.

I wish Paps was still around.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to get Harper to come to Philly? Name a cheesesteak after him! We can call it the Bryce Bomb!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Machado has signed with the Pads and Harper will probably be a Phillies player but I am not buying his numbers for salary and if he fails to produce, fans are going to be bitching-up a storm about how we overpaid for another over-inflated POS.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Machado has signed with the Pads and Harper will probably be a Phillies player but I am not buying his numbers for salary and if he fails to produce, fans are going to be bitching-up a storm about how we overpaid for another over-inflated POS.

C'mon, you've been away from Philly too long. The ticket lines will be so long, they'll have to open up Lincoln Financial Field across the street so fans can watch the game on the big screen.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they sign Harper for $2 tomorrow and he struggles the fans will bitch. In Philly bitching is relative.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they sign Harper for $2 tomorrow and he struggles the fans will bitch. In Philly bitching is relative.
said the disney princess. the philly fans handled fultz with too much of the kid gloves where it got embarrassing that they were cheering him just taking a jump shot. also, do enjoy him down there, i still think he has the talent to be a player.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies dropping hints that they will not do a crazy contract to get Harper. Rather see them get a starting pitcher and
a backup catcher if this is the case.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies dropping hints that they will not do a crazy contract to get Harper. Rather see them get a starting pitcher and
a backup catcher if this is the case.
It is BS on their part. They knew going in that the Nats offered him $ 300M and Harper turned it down. That meant they would have to go north of that number to secure his services. It is just spin for when he signs elsewhere.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK jvett. I have a tendency to believe we are over-paying for a guy who has MLB stats but... ... they are not as good as you'd expect from a guy who asking for monies North of $300 mil. Does he make others better around him? IDK? So I see the pursuit of this guy by the Phillies equivocal.

BTW, since when did you go hating on Trump? LOL!
Being his hometown, the Phils have at least an outside shot to snag Trout away from Anaheim. I'd rather hold out hope for him than invest in Harper. I don't know if Trout makes players around him better either, but you can't question Trout's heart nor his on-field professionalism. And there is little doubt now that he is far better than Harper.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past, the Mets’ Wright was usually getting a big hit to beat the punchless Phils in the late innings. More recently, it’s been that c0ck sucker, Comforto. :mad2: Another reason the Phils need to sign Harper.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past, the Mets’ Wright was usually getting a big hit to beat the punchless Phils in the late innings. More recently, it’s been that c0ck sucker, Comforto. :mad2: Another reason the Phils need to sign Harper.

David_wright-gazoo-Flintstones-Meet_The_Matts.jpeg

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said the disney princess. the philly fans handled fultz with too much of the kid gloves where it got embarrassing that they were cheering him just taking a jump shot. also, do enjoy him down there, i still think he has the talent to be a player.

Lol. Come on, Taddy. Orlando or not you know I know Philly.

As for Fultz....it was puzzling to me really. But, the Magic have been nothing so long I like that they are taking some chances. I don’t have much hope there....but the guys running things now have some track history with building up winners (Raptors and Bucks)....so maybe they see something I don’t see yet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Harper sweepstakes for Philly is slowing as the Geeants in San Fran are heating up in enticing Harper out west. The longer this thing goes, the more I tend to believe that Harper is headed elsewhere. I don't much care anymore at this point.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being his hometown, the Phils have at least an outside shot to snag Trout away from Anaheim. I'd rather hold out hope for him than invest in Harper. I don't know if Trout makes players around him better either, but you can't question Trout's heart nor his on-field professionalism. And there is little doubt now that he is far better than Harper.
Shit in one hand, hope in the other. They'd have to wait at least one more full season, and possibly two, depending on what the Angels do

Plus, even if they sign Harper at $35M, they don't have much else in long-term deals. They could still chase Trout in 2020, if the Angels can't sign him.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Harper sweepstakes for Philly is slowing as the Geeants in San Fran are heating up in enticing Harper out west. The longer this thing goes, the more I tend to believe that Harper is headed elsewhere. I don't much care anymore at this point.
I'm kind of surprised that state income tax doesn't play a bigger part into this.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody studies advanced metrics these days and Harper hasn't done anything special on the WAR front since 2015 (which was an incredible season, to be sure).
2017 was going great until he blew out his knee, last year he didn't hit especially well when he needed to step up for the big contract and he also played horrendous defense going by eye as well as the metrics.
Anybody who signs him for huge bucks as taking the risk of paying him for a great 2015 and not much else.
Saving the huge bucks for Trout is a smart play, the guy is great EVERY YEAR.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit in one hand, hope in the other. They'd have to wait at least one more full season, and possibly two, depending on what the Angels do

Plus, even if they sign Harper at $35M, they don't have much else in long-term deals. They could still chase Trout in 2020, if the Angels can't sign him.
If they do sign harper, look to see if those first two years or so are around 50 million, which would mean the last 8 would be 25 or so.