• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harold and Armstead

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the stock of Lemonier and Tank might be falling. Not surprised with Lemonier but what a disappointment regarding Tank.

49ers snap count vs. Giants: Eli Harold, Arik Armstead supplant Corey Lemonier, Tank Carradine

Carradine just furthers my opinion on IR players.....don't draft them round 4 or higher. This isn't to say all IR players will fail, but giving up MORE than a season isn't worth it. Always invisioned Carradine as quick, but he looks slow? On top of that, he can't get much push.

Harold seems too weak in getting past the OT.

Too bad on Lemonier, was pulling for him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carradine just furthers my opinion on IR players.....don't draft them round 4 or higher. This isn't to say all IR players will fail, but giving up MORE than a season isn't worth it. Always invisioned Carradine as quick, but he looks slow? On top of that, he can't get much push.

Yeah, both were projects anyway. I never expected much from either. So far I like what I see from Armistead.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, both were projects anyway. I never expected much from either. So far I like what I see from Armistead.

When players are drafted that high, they're not envisioned as projects. A few articles had Carradine a top 10 pick. Too early on Harold so just saying in last night's game.

Lemonier has one last chance this season, but he didn't show much last night.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When players are drafted that high, they're not envisioned as projects. A few articles had Carradine a top 10 pick. Too early on Harold so just saying in last night's game.

Lemonier has one last chance this season, but he didn't show much last night.
I thought caradine was injured when they drafted him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the IR strategy overall. Carradine I thought was a top ten prospect. If the 49ers could get a top ten player in the 2nd round because of an injury that puts him IR, then I don't mind it. The 49ers had so many picks and the dline was deep at the time. Carradine probably wouldn't have sniffed the field anyway. The problem with Carradine (assuming he busts) is that the 49ers misjudged his NFL talent whether injured or not.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lemonier just can't make it as a pass rusher. He just can't beat anyone to the QB. I think Harold is a bit small. I am not giving up on him yet. He hasn't had enough playing time yet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemonier just can't make it as a pass rusher. He just can't beat anyone to the QB. I think Harold is a bit small. I am not giving up on him yet. He hasn't had enough playing time yet.
What happened to blitzing with Bowman? That dude could get to the QB. They need to scheme some of those DEs open so they can get to the QB. Bowman can help with that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought caradine was injured when they drafted him.

yes he was, that was in the 2013 draft. Would've been ok if Carradine came in the following season (not TWO) and was a top player, but he isn't even close. None of the other IR players has panned out either, not even close.

Back in 2012 when Baalke first started this, i was ok with it. But now there is enough proof that this doesn't work.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to blitzing with Bowman? That dude could get to the QB. They need to scheme some of those DEs open so they can get to the QB. Bowman can help with that.

If they were going to blitz, should have been Bowman and someone else up the middle. It looked like based on the coverage Manning was usually beating the blitz

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were going to blitz, should have been Bowman and someone else up the middle. It looked like based on the coverage Manning was usually beating the blitz
Agreed. he was stepping up in the pocket all day; letting the DEs go by him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, for the most part Manning was beating the blitz. Manning was throwing accurately AND with timing. most of his throws came out quickly, so when to call a blitz is easier said than done. Can't stop a hot passer, all you can do is make a good tackle, and hope for field goal.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Gurley looks horrible glad the Rams wasted a 1st on that knee.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Gurley looks horrible glad the Rams wasted a 1st on that knee.

Are you saying Lattimore is the same as Gurley?

We drafted players knowing full well they were going to be red-shirted. Gurley was injured, not targetted for red-shirt. Gurley didn't drop a few rounds due to his injury, why? Because he was hurt, not IR.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, for the most part Manning was beating the blitz. Manning was throwing accurately AND with timing. most of his throws came out quickly, so when to call a blitz is easier said than done. Can't stop a hot passer, all you can do is make a good tackle, and hope for field goal.

Tim Ryan had a really good post game analysis on KNBR yesterday. He thought the 49ers should have played more press coverage on the LOS to disturb the timing of the routes. He said the D made it too easy for Manning. It was like a 7 on 7 drill for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to be this bad its time to just let Harold and Armstead start so they get some experience and will help for next year.