• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden lands in Brooklyn

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone doubted that CP3 and Harden could co exist in the same backcourt. They made it work pretty well. Now, Kyrie is a different animal, but IMO, I think he could make an amazing 6th man. Having Harden or Kyrie on the court at all times will allow the offense to operate well most of the time. That’s not even mentioning KD who becomes an off the ball scorer. D’Antoni made it work and Steve Nash can probably recreate that success with the two guards.

If Nash can get all three operating well together, the only thing I’d be worried about is defense.

Yep, somebody gets it

Having 2 ball dominate players and Durant isn't going to be that hard to make work. The Heat had Wade and Lebron and Bosh, The cavs had Kyrie and Lebron and love...2 ball dominate players has never really been an issue in the NBA....Durant doesn't need the ball in his hands

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, somebody gets it

Having 2 ball dominate players and Durant isn't going to be that hard to make work. The Heat had Wade and Lebron and Bosh, The cavs had Kyrie and Lebron and love...2 ball dominate players has never really been an issue in the NBA....Durant doesn't need the ball in his hands
But Durant is the best of the 3....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Rockets are concerned at all with staying competitive right now. The swap for Olidipo was to have a 21 million expiring instead of 3 years of 17 in Lavert. I actually think you will see Gordon traded and Olidipo moved again for a pick or 2.

Rockets went from one of the worst cap situations in the league to having 24 million under the cap next year, as well as adding 5 1st round picks and some swappable picks that may or may not turn out. Even if they never do, they have the tools to completely retool.
They have a team that can make the playoffs as a 7-8 seed.

Wall, 'Dipo, Gordon, Wood and Cousins is a solid lineup.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its hilarious at the same time how since moving from New Jersey to Brooklyn the Nets have had so much more success than the NY Knicks. I do feel bad for their fan base they really need a new owner.
Thibs is the right coach for the Knicks.....he has them headed in the right direction.

They need 1 more draft to get another player and a few free agents.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And many here were saying Kyrie and KD won’t work. I expressed doubts" Coachdumdum

You said the Cavs were better off with Delly than Kyrie because he played better defense, and that we would be worse off in 2016 vs 2015. Which year did they win the championship again? Who hit the winning 3 in game 7?

"Likely to fail" well Vegas has them as the favorites...So people who bet and actually know what they are talking about don't agree with your opinion at all with money on the line...

"You know they won't fit"

What are you a fortune teller now, what's the winning lottery numbers for next week? lol
Co-faves with the Lakers, not the faves....get it straight.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

Won’t be able to judge this trade for at least 2-3 years when we see how the Nets look and the likelihood these picks hit.

Oladipo for LeVert is very underwhelming. He got crushed in that one once salaries are factored in.
Oladipo is an expiring contract.....he can see how he fits on this team.....if he doesn't let him walk.....if he does, re-sign him.....I like it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a team that can make the playoffs as a 7-8 seed.

Wall, 'Dipo, Gordon, Wood and Cousins is a solid lineup.

They could, but they are currently the second worst record in the West with Harden. Is Motivated Olidipo more valuable than out of shape Harden? maybe, but if so not by much. Wall has knee soreness, which for him is a horrible sign. I think it more likely they get close to keeping their pick in this draft than they do make the playoffs.

Not making the playoffs and not getting a top 4 pick is their nightmare scenario.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could, but they are currently the second worst record in the West with Harden. Is Motivated Olidipo more valuable than out of shape Harden? maybe, but if so not by much. Wall has knee soreness, which for him is a horrible sign. I think it more likely they get close to keeping their pick in this draft than they do make the playoffs.

Not making the playoffs and not getting a top 4 pick is their nightmare scenario.
They played well without Harden.....with Harden not so much.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played well without Harden.....with Harden not so much.

he is a -11 on/off splits. I suppose we will see where they go. They would be wise to keep going towards a rebuild, Morey didn't leave the cupboards bare, he ripped out the whole damn kitchen.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is a -11 on/off splits. I suppose we will see where they go. They would be wise to keep going towards a rebuild, Morey didn't leave the cupboards bare, he ripped out the whole damn kitchen.
Well, with Wall, Oladipo, Gordon and Wood I don't see them tanking.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo is an expiring contract.....he can see how he fits on this team.....if he doesn't let him walk.....if he does, re-sign him.....I like it.
The Pacers could have had Gordon Hayward who's having a great season in Charlotte, if they had given up Oladipo. I don't get it. I think GNs are afraid that Danny will make them look bad. But hayward is near double-double every night and the fist is 22 points a game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is having a hissy fit because the the Nets hired Nash as the coach. He's even more pissed because they just brought in Harden. This is going to be a three person circus designed in hell. Kyrie won't answer his phone but is showing up at parties on Zoom but has missed the last two gemes. Looks like the Nets are about to send his sorry ass somewhere else.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closer look at the Houston side of things

don’t think they did as well as originally thought

in volume you see a million picks, all most likely in the 20’s, where you’re lucky to get a bench piece

I love how Indiana and Cleveland did

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is having a hissy fit because the the Nets hired Nash as the coach. He's even more pissed because they just brought in Harden. This is going to be a three person circus designed in hell. Kyrie won't answer his phone but is showing up at parties on Zoom but has missed the last two gemes. Looks like the Nets are about to send his sorry ass somewhere else.

I think this move was an insurance policy in the event Kyrie doesn’t return, I think Nets ownership knows more than we do, and Kyrie returning is prob at best a 50/50 proposition at this point

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closer look at the Houston side of things

don’t think they did as well as originally thought

in volume you see a million picks, all most likely in the 20’s, where you’re lucky to get a bench piece

I love how Indiana and Cleveland did

The last 2 Nets picks could be pretty great. Depends on how long Harden and Durant stick around.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers could have had Gordon Hayward who's having a great season in Charlotte, if they had given up Oladipo. I don't get it. I think GNs are afraid that Danny will make them look bad. But hayward is near double-double every night and the fist is 22 points a game.
GH is a better fit in Charlotte where he's the man, like Utah.....don't think he would have been a great fit in Indiana.

And Oladipo in Boston? No. Tatum and Brown are blossoming.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will say I am happy for GH....that injury was brutal.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 Nets picks could be pretty great. Depends on how long Harden and Durant stick around.

That’s a good point

Nets have really done a nice job of being one of the very few teams to unearth late round or undrafted gems, they will have to continue to hit on those in order to avoid a bottom out in a few years

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are still early days and they went through some Covid issues early on. Harden was clearly a drag on the team as well.

If the Wall and Dipo can co-exist, which I think they could, and Wood continues to play at the level he is playing at, I think the Rockets could be a playin team.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3