• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden lands in Brooklyn

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ ain’t going 6 months without posting

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and Oranges

the C’s trade was literally “let’s try to really squeeze one title” out of a group clearly past their primes

I’m not predicting this at all, but we are talking about 3 top 10-12 players in the league in their primes for what could be a 3-4 year run so it’s a much more understandable approach
I don't know, man... Durant is 32... Harden is 31... Irving is a headcase... there are real personality concerns... leadership concerns... there are style/fit concerns too, as these guys are gonna need to change the way they play to make it work.

I don't think you're giving enough credit to the downside risk.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, man... Durant is 32... Harden is 31... Irving is a headcase... there are real personality concerns... leadership concerns... there are style/fit concerns too, as these guys are gonna need to change the way they play to make it work.

I totally totally hear you and am not ruling out disaster at all

I just am not guaranteeing it, I’m just recognizing the upside is pretty crazy and so much higher than that Celtics deal

that C’s deal was that Russian owner for the Nets who knew he was on his way out and wanted one crack at it, it was a bad idea from the get go

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey replacement is killing it. Back to back trade wins.

Reactions: DJ

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morey replacement is killing it. Back to back trade wins.

Did very well for a player the whole world knew he had to trade

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn't get a boost in the odds to win for no reason. Plus just Harden/Durant is easily the best team in the East. Having 3 youngish stars for multiple years...It was like Lebron/Irving/Love and Lebron/wade/bosh....All those 3 showed you don't need much depth to make it work...

Plus you can interchange the stars at different times, plus if you do have an injury they still have 2 stars..They will get tons of veteran role players in the offseason that will sign for cheap...So this year will be their worst version i guess...Which is not good for the league

They still have joe harris to hit 3's and Jordan at Center. They are stacked

They can also trade any 1 of 3 if it doesn't work out for better players than they gave up. There is no downside to the trade...It was theft

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't get a boost in the odds to win for no reason. Plus just Harden/Durant is easily the best team in the East. Having 3 youngish stars for multiple years...It was like Lebron/Irving/Love and Lebron/wade/bosh....All those 3 showed you don't need much depth to make it work...

Plus you can interchange the stars at different times, plus if you do have an injury they still have 2 stars..They will get tons of veteran role players in the offseason that will sign for cheap...So this year will be their worst version i guess...Which is not good for the league

They still have joe harris to hit 3's and Jordan at Center. They are stacked

They can also trade any 1 of 3 if it doesn't work out for better players than they gave up. There is no downside to the trade...It was theft

I definitely think they can win.

It's just not exactly clear who they are winning for.

A victory parade saying we won this for the fans or ... for the City of Brooklyn would be a little awkward to say the least. They are clearly doing for themselves, which TBH I find a bit awkward, especially because Durant and Irving have already won.

But we'll see what happens...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
late first round picks in the NBA are virtually worthless

time will tell if giving up Levert and Allen was wise, the picks they shouldn’t worry about

Those 2 later picks could be a real problem because it is pretty unlikely that Harden and KD will be playing for the Nets much less at a high level.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 later picks could be a real problem because it is pretty unlikely that Harden and KD will be playing for the Nets much less at a high level.

Sure they are definitely banking on a title or 2 in a 3-4 year window

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think it matters if they win. It matters to the players, but not necessarily ownership.

I think as long as they compete (reach the ECF and/or NBAF) and play some memorable series with those 3, that is what ownership wants.

They want to inspire a new era of young kids to become fans, and those are three of the most popular players in the NBA.