• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hard to believe that last good team Cleveland played in the EC was..

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so overstated. In the time frame mentioned, since the last time the Cavs supposedly faced a "good team" in the East.... they've beaten five 50-win EC teams and a 60-win EC team. Just because those teams weren't ultimately able to seriously threaten the Cavs doesn't mean they are suddenly not good teams.

Also.... Laker fans might want to think about Magic & Kareem before they start complaining about opponent difficulty:

2nd Round - average playoff opponent
Jordan: 51.9 wins
LeBron: 51.18 wins
Magic: 43.12 wins
Kareem: 42.71 wins

Conf Finals - average playoff opponent
Jordan: 58.5 wins
LeBron: 55.44 wins
Magic: 51.1 wins
Kareem: 52 wins

Finals - average playoff opponent
Jordan: 61.17 wins
LeBron: 61.91 wins
Magic: 60.44 wins
Kareem: 58.1 wins

Overall
Jordan: 53.54 wins
LeBron: 51.02 wins
Magic: 48.6 wins
Kareem: 48.55 wins

Take that for data
Do u just take statistics like these for face value or is it possible teams of similar seeds end up with similar records? Do u science?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The freakin Bulls 2 years ago before Gasol goes down with injury when they were up 2-1 in the series. They haven't played a legitimate threat since

:L:L:L

Then people wonder why some of us what conferences eradicated
dude ya gotta remember too

that was the first year these guys were together. Love didnt even play in the series. Jr Smith was suspended for part of the series.

This Cavs team would equally beat the crap out of that Bulls team.

This Cavs team is pretty freaking loaded dude. Its not an accident they have swept through thus far. Indiana wasnt that good. Toronto lost Lowry. It should come as a huge surprise if anyone had been paying attention and not freaking out about the regular season with a bunch of injuries/resting/acquistions.

This Cavs team is a LOT better than that Cavs team their first year together with Love injured.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron never got swept in the playoffs unlike Jordan.

I dont follow Basketball.... but im pretty sure thats wrong hasnt it happened twice.... Spurs being one of them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even two of the best teams I have ever witnessed play the game since I started watching the in the late 90s (better than any teams Ive seen in the last 15 years anyways) were the late 90s Bulls and 2000-2002 Lakers. Both of these teams were at least CHALLENGED and pushed to game 7s by certain teams in their own conferences.

And why exactly do you assume that diminishes the Warriors and Cavs?

If a team is squeezing by a 50 win club, maybe they aren't all that great. If a team is dominating everyone they face, to me that means they are really damn good. Yet, some on here want to assume that their opponents are bad. That doesn't make sense to me. All year long, people were claiming that the East was gaining ground on the West in terms of strength. Now, Cleveland turns it up to high gear and everyone says they are garbage because nobody can take a game from them.

Both teams have loaded rosters. IMO, both teams are good enough to compete with the top teams from any era. I make this case because of how dominant they have been against their contemporaries.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron never got swept in the playoffs unlike Jordan.

Oh and that facepalm I gave you was because you clearly don't remember the 2007 finals.

But seeing as you've only probably seen basketball since 2014, I can forgive your sad bandwagon ass.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The freakin Bulls 2 years ago before Gasol goes down with injury when they were up 2-1 in the series. They haven't played a legitimate threat since

:L:L:L

Then people wonder why some of us what conferences eradicated
u really think the Cavs have a hard time with Lance Stephenson and Roy Hibbert? lol, cmon now.

Reactions: TJL

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and that facepalm I gave you was because you clearly don't remember the 2007 finals.

But seeing as you've only probably seen basketball since 2014, I can forgive your sad bandwagon ass.

Sorry I meant first round, but we are going to leave to it to you decide who is a bandwagoner, when you can't even put LeBron in the top 5. I'm enjoying being a Cavs fan now, we went through a lot of bad years, previously our highlight was Jordan hitting the game winner over All NBA defender Craig Ehlo

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I meant first round, but we are going to leave to it to you decide who is a bandwagoner, when you can't even put LeBron in the top 5. I'm enjoying being a Cavs fan now, we went through a lot of bad years, previously our highlight was Jordan hitting the game winner over All NBA defender Craig Ehlo

Yeah I don't think you know what a bandwagoners is.

But well done with the Ehlo reference. Shame you weren't even born then. But good job on Google.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely wasn't the Mutombo of old.

Those teams that the Lakers beat to win those Championships were some of the weakest Eastern conference champs ever.

If LeBron can somehow manage to beat this year's Warriors, that will trump anything Kobe or Shaq has ever come close to doing.
But man, getting to the Finals 4 out of 5 years(winning 3 straight), having to go through the prime Kings, Blazers, Spurs, and T-Wolves is hard to top

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think you know what a bandwagoners is.

But well done with the Ehlo reference. Shame you weren't even born then. But good job on Google.

You don't know shit about me, stop pretending, you are embarrassing yourself.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, shame on a second year Jordan, at 22 years old, getting beat by Larry Birds Celtics.

If only lebron could have faced such easy opposition at that age!

Yet he still never won anything with Pippen

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And lebron never won shit without two proven all-stars which he personally hand picked.

Do you seriously want to play the Jordan vs lebron game, kid or do you want to stop before you look like a complete twatwaffle?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair if you go back, and look at those first 3 title Bulls teams....It was Jordan and Pippen. Horace Grant was a key contributor, and the only thing after that was John Paxson and BJ Armstong, both of which averaging in the single ppg. Those teams weren't exactly stacked

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But man, getting to the Finals 4 out of 5 years(winning 3 straight), having to go through the prime Kings, Blazers, Spurs, and T-Wolves is hard to top

Lakers had the opposite of what the Cavs are facing. Tough opponents in the Western conference and relatively weak competition in the Finals.

You want to talk about a weak East? Look at the early 2000s. They had nobody to compete with the top west teams. That made for an anticlimactic Finals. To me, that is worse than what we see now.