• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh takes a Iowa reject and turns Jake Rudock into a 6th round draft pick

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid criticism of Urban Meyer and the Ohio State football program.

Secondary to that is the fact that you guys are the first on the scene when someone questions the Big Ten conference.

Those two conversations make you guys very angry for some reason. :noidea:
You have a different definition of 'valid' from normal people who use English as their first language. It's entertaining. I hope 'it' never goes away.

You won't see me defending the B1G. Most of them just plain suck. Without the Buckeyes, they would be the MAC.

I think you are confusing B1G fans with SEC fans. Oh, wait, you are one. Never mind. I see the problem now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a different definition of 'valid' from normal people who use English as their first language. It's entertaining. I hope 'it' never goes away.

You won't see me defending the B1G. Most of them just plain suck. Without the Buckeyes, they would be the MAC.

I think you are confusing B1G fans with SEC fans. Oh, wait, you are one. Never mind. I see the problem now.

That I can respect. :suds:

"Vandy sucks!" and "James Franklin virtually raped those girls himself!" I can not. I just ignore it, especially coming from someone who excuses Urban Meyer's misconduct.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I can respect. :suds:

"Vandy sucks!" and "James Franklin virtually raped those girls himself!" I can not. I just ignore it, especially coming from someone who excuses Urban Meyer's misconduct.
Coaches do what they can to protect their players. Sometimes, it's misguided. Most of the time it never comes to light.

When it does, it really blows if it's your coach because then you get internet champions whose only schtick is to go on and on about it.

Can you show a time where, since Urban showed up in Columbus, that he has done this? I can show you more than a few times that he was over the top on discipline (Carlos Hyde "almost" hits a girl and is given 3 games, 2 guys take a leak outside at a golf course at 10:30 at night and get 2 games, linebacker gets 6 games for a story that it turns out his crazy baby momma made up, I could go on.)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could always change the thread title to lions draft QB from Iowa and underrated free agents that will have more of an impact :dhd:

Dillon Lee was A great signing by the saints
Tre Madden is A perfect fit in Seattle
DJ Foster will have an impact with the Patriots

With CJ Procise being drafted. I doubt about his impact

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches do what they can to protect their players. Sometimes, it's misguided. Most of the time it never comes to light.

When it does, it really blows if it's your coach because then you get internet champions whose only schtick is to go on and on about it.

Can you show a time where, since Urban showed up in Columbus, that he has done this? I can show you more than a few times that he was over the top on discipline (Carlos Hyde "almost" hits a girl and is given 3 games, 2 guys take a leak outside at a golf course at 10:30 at night and get 2 games, linebacker gets 6 games for a story that it turns out his crazy baby momma made up, I could go on.)

I'm more concerned about what happened at Florida. Shit that Florida fans are still angry and embarrassed about but Ohio State fans keep excusing.

@JuiceTheGator has already stated his peace on that.

I'm positive that Columbus law enforcement won't bow to Urban Meyer misconduct and "vouching" like Gainesville officials did.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @cwerph I'll dignify your subtle jab at James Franklin "protecting his players" by saying a.) I think the guy is a total creep, b.) the basic facts show there wasn't any sort of coverup. The opportunity didn't even exist, and c.) the ex-players are going to spend the majority of their life behind bars. Aaron Hernandez was a violent, drug-addicted gang member who Urban Meyer "vouched for" to Gaineville officials (for violent crime) and any NFL team who would listen. There was literally zero accountability for misconduct on that Florida team.

But it's different now, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned about what happened at Florida. Shit that Florida fans are still angry and embarrassed about but Ohio State fans keep excusing.

I'm positive that Columbus law enforcement won't bow to Urban Meyer misconduct and "vouching" like Gainesville officials did.

As an Ohio State fan I have never excused anything Meyer did while @ The Swamp. Yet oddly enough you keep insisting that ALL Buckeye fans excuse his past issues @ Florida.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an Ohio State fan I have never excused anything Meyer did while @ The Swamp. Yet oddly enough you keep insisting that ALL Buckeye fans excuse his past issues @ Florida.

No I don't.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took a bunch of grief from fellow Buckeye fans when Meyer was hired. I didn't think, given his history at Florida, that he was the guy to clean up the mess that Tressel left. I must say that thus far I have been pleasantly surprised.

I haven't seen anything like that here in Columbus. When I do, I will be right there with you demanding that he be removed. Winning simply isn't that important to me.

As for Columbus police and the Buckeyes, I just point you to JT Barrett's OMVI and Adolphus Washington being caught in a Craig's List hooker sting last year.

Evidence does not suggest that Columbus police cut the Buckeyes much slack.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And @cwerph I'll dignify your subtle jab at James Franklin "protecting his players" by saying a.) I think the guy is a total creep, b.) the basic facts show there wasn't any sort of coverup. The opportunity didn't even exist, and c.) the ex-players are going to spend the majority of their life behind bars. Aaron Hernandez was a violent, drug-addicted gang member who Urban Meyer "vouched for" to Gaineville officials (for violent crime) and any NFL team who would listen. There was literally zero accountability for misconduct on that Florida team.

But it's different now, right?
That was not a dig on Franklin, other than he is a coach. Sorry if you took it that way. It was a generic statement and I can point to bunches of coaches at big-time programs right now that have covered for stars - - - FSU, Baylor, aTm, etc, etc, etc.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a bunch of grief from fellow Buckeye fans when Meyer was hired. I didn't think, given his history at Florida, that he was the guy to clean up the mess that Tressel left. I must say that thus far I have been pleasantly surprised.

I haven't seen anything like that here in Columbus. When I do, I will be right there with you demanding that he be removed. Winning simply isn't that important to me.

As for Columbus police and the Buckeyes, I just point you to JT Barrett's OMVI and Adolphus Washington being caught in a Craig's List hooker sting last year.

Evidence does not suggest that Columbus police cut the Buckeyes much slack.

You're in critical danger of being ostracized by @ellupo for comments like that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not a dig on Franklin, other than he is a coach. Sorry if you took it that way. It was a generic statement and I can point to bunches of coaches at big-time programs right now that have covered for stars - - - FSU, Baylor, aTm, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know about Waco Police but Tallahassee must be the most obviously corrupt in terms of sweeping criminal activity by Florida State players under the rug. I'm honestly shocked that state or federal investigators haven't demanded that heads roll yet.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without Alabama, the SEC would be the Big10.

:harbaugh:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine why.:scratch: Hey didn't you once say Joe Montana was overrated because he's a Golden Domer?:lol:
Montana was A product of Jerry Rice Montana was lost when he went to KC while Steve Young went from back up QB to Elite QB

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana was A product of Jerry Rice Montana was lost when he went to KC while Steve Young went from back up QB to Elite QB

Totally agree. Montana was a solid system QB. Out of that system he was pedestrian at best.