• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh burns Butch Jones

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is cute how you seem to forget you live in a hot bed states for recruits and don't have another college to compete against. 9 players in OSU'S class were from Ohio. 3 of Michigan's were from Michigan and one was a kicker.
When you don't have the luxury of a state that pumps out elite talent on a yearly basis. You have to go elsewhere.
It also helps Urban having built relationships in Florida where he was a head coach for many years. It is why Harbaugh was so successful in California.
Saying "cute" doesn't really help your credibility in this conversation. Neither does that fact that you forget that Ohio is one of the main reasons michigan football is what it is. We've had so many top-flight players go up north, and none of the past michigan coaches acted like a moron the way Harbaugh does. Brady Hoke recruited very well, and he never acted as unprofessional as Harbaugh. He's a sideshow clown who craves attention, and everyone can see it except for the brainwashed wolverine fans like yourself.

Sleeping at a kid's house isn't "relating" to him, it's fucking creepy. You know what's "relating" to these kids? Showing them your fucking rings, which Urban and Saban can do, which is why they don't have to act like dumbasses just to get signatures.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying "cute" doesn't really help your credibility in this conversation. Neither does that fact that you forget that Ohio is one of the main reasons michigan football is what it is. We've had so many top-flight players go up north, and none of the past michigan coaches acted like a moron the way Harbaugh does. Brady Hoke recruited very well, and he never acted as unprofessional as Harbaugh. He's a sideshow clown who craves attention, and everyone can see it except for the brainwashed wolverine fans like yourself.

Sleeping at a kid's house isn't "relating" to him, it's fucking creepy. You know what's "relating" to these kids? Showing them your fucking rings, which Urban and Saban can do, which is why they don't have to act like dumbasses just to get signatures.
I used "cute" because you cant seem to grasp the fact OSU is the only major program in a state that has a ton of high school talent. Hell, I said 9 of their recruits were from Ohio, but it really was 10, as the OL from Michigan they signed grew up in Ohio til high school.
Makes recruiting much easier when these kids grow up on OSU their whole life, same way it is much easier for schools in SEC country having kids grow up on 'insert SEC team' here.
UM has to recruit nationally and Harbaugh had to build relationships outside the west coast, because that is where he spent his career (SD, Stanford, SF)
That is why he has hired multiple high school coaches from elite programs in recruiting hot beds. He has hired one from new Jersey, one from florida, one from maryland and one from alabama. These coaches know the coaches in those states, know the programs and knows many of the players. It will only help UM build relationships in these areas

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This reminds me of myself during the Lane Kiffin year. True story.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used "cute" because you cant seem to grasp the fact OSU is the only major program in a state that has a ton of high school talent. Hell, I said 9 of their recruits were from Ohio, but it really was 10, as the OL from Michigan they signed grew up in Ohio til high school.
Makes recruiting much easier when these kids grow up on OSU their whole life, same way it is much easier for schools in SEC country having kids grow up on 'insert SEC team' here.
UM has to recruit nationally and Harbaugh had to build relationships outside the west coast, because that is where he spent his career (SD, Stanford, SF)
That is why he has hired multiple high school coaches from elite programs in recruiting hot beds. He has hired one from new Jersey, one from florida, one from maryland and one from alabama. These coaches know the coaches in those states, know the programs and knows many of the players. It will only help UM build relationships in these areas

This is just an excuse. ND and OU do not go to these lengths. Tenn is another one. Nebraska would never stoop to these levels. You know its screwed up when a Texas fan has to say that OU has the moral authority over another school.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just an excuse. ND and OU do not go to these lengths. Tenn is another one. Nebraska would never stoop to these levels. You know its screwed up when a Texas fan has to say that OU has the moral authority over another school.
So because another school hasn't done it yet, it is wrong? Feel free to tell me what NCAA violations he has committed or what rule he has broken.
There is a reason why he could do the sattelite camps and the Florida practices. IT IS NOT AGAINST ANY RULE. It was actually ok'd by the NCAA.
Just like there is nothing wrong with hiring coaches in recruiting hot beds. Chris Partridge was named national recruiter of the year this past year. The Florida coach played in the NFL and was a 1st round draft pick. The Maryland coach has coached 20 years at a high school powerhouse with 13 titles during that time.
He isn't hiring random guys with no knowledge of the game beyond high school
Partridge spent 2 years in recruiting and he just signed a 2 or 3 year deal as the LB/ST coach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because another school hasn't done it yet, it is wrong? Feel free to tell me what NCAA violations he has committed or what rule he has broken.
There is a reason why he could do the sattelite camps and the Florida practices. IT IS NOT AGAINST ANY RULE. It was actually ok'd by the NCAA.
Just like there is nothing wrong with hiring coaches in recruiting hot beds. Chris Partridge was named national recruiter of the year this past year. The Florida coach played in the NFL and was a 1st round draft pick. The Maryland coach has coached 20 years at a high school powerhouse with 13 titles during that time.
He isn't hiring random guys with no knowledge of the game beyond high school
Partridge spent 2 years in recruiting and he just signed a 2 or 3 year deal as the LB/ST coach.

If you can not see that he is pushing every barrier and has become part of the problem, than I am not sure what to say. This IMG thing is one of the worst things I have ever seen and I really hope it ends up badly for Michigan. Not because I wish Michigan any ill will, but because I dont want to see CFB become the cesspool that CBB has become.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can not see that he is pushing every barrier and has become part of the problem, than I am not sure what to say. This IMG thing is one of the worst things I have ever seen and I really hope it ends up badly for Michigan. Not because I wish Michigan any ill will, but because I dont want to see CFB become the cesspool that CBB has become.
So what you are saying is -- they have done absolutely nothing wrong, but you hope they do?
Do you wish the same for Saban and Bama? He took a helicopter to a recruit's school to land on the football field. He also, I believe, was the first to use Skype to talk with recruits. So do you wish Alabama ends badly?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is -- they have done absolutely nothing wrong, but you hope they do?
Do you wish the same for Saban and Bama? He took a helicopter to a recruit's school to land on the football field. He also, I believe, was the first to use Skype to talk with recruits. So do you wish Alabama ends badly?

Skype? Really? Its like you believe speeding tickets are the same as murders.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skype? Really? Its like you believe speeding tickets are the same as murders.
Here is the issue with your comparisons. Speeding tickets and murders are AGAINST THE LAW. I'm still waiting to hear what UM has done wrong.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the issue with your comparisons. Speeding tickets and murders are AGAINST THE LAW. I'm still waiting to hear what UM has done wrong.
I'm alright with your stance just as long as you don't complain about over signing or grey shirting.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother fucker!! Harbs is bringing OU and Texas fans together on the same opinion, you know somethings gotta be wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm alright with your stance just as long as you don't complain about over signing or grey shirting.

Too late! Some of the maze n blew's finest on SportsHoopla have already said they have an issue w/ Meyer grayshirting players. mNb09...where ya at? It's totally okay if Crazy Jimbo has done the exact same thing though. There are currently 2 sets of rules some wolvereeeen fans follow...

rule # 1: whatever Jimmy Jam wants to do is perfectly fine
rule # 2: see rule # 1

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can grasp it just fine. I notice you completely and entirely ignore that little part about how every other coach in the history of michigan has been able to recruit Ohio effectively and didn't have to act like a retard to do it. Until you can actually acknowledge and understand that very crucial part of this argument, there's no need to go further.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over signing isn't as bad as it was. And I've already said, I have no issue with grey shirts other than Saban publicly saying he doesn't do so to bump a player out of the current recruiting class. It is akin to Harbaugh saying he is doing sattelite camps because of his love of coaching.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can grasp it just fine. I notice you completely and entirely ignore that little part about how every other coach in the history of michigan has been able to recruit Ohio effectively and didn't have to act like a retard to do it. Until you can actually acknowledge and understand that very crucial part of this argument, there's no need to go further.
Michigan already has connections in Ohio. He already said last year was an anomoly with minimal offers to Ohio players. So not sure what that has to do with anything. Also, Ohio is right next to Michigan. What does that have to do with States that are on the east coast and the south?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, Harbaugh must really love coaching. He has added a 3 hour sattelite camp in Alabama for this summer. :)

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backstory, Bert Bielema tweeted something about going down to watch Michigan's practice, Mike Dantoni chimed in and asked if they could get lunch together and then Butch Jones jumped on the bandwagon.

To which finally got a Harbaugh reply this afternoon, and it's a doozy:

View attachment 94199

I think it great. What's wrong with a little trash talk between coaches? It spices things up and gives us fans something to talk about in March. Can you imagine how bad Woody Hayes would get raked over the coals if he said "Because I couldn't go for three" today. That is classic and lives on today 47 years after it happened.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the "moral outrage" in this thread over what Harbaugh is doing and has done is laughable. Jim Harbaugh is a "think outside the box" kind of coach, and the Michigan team he coaches is not your grandfather's Michigan team. Obviously, the excellent recruits who made Michigan a top 5 recruiting class are not persuaded by your consistent whining. Get over it! Michigan will continue to rise, much to the chagrin recorded here.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan already has connections in Ohio. He already said last year was an anomoly with minimal offers to Ohio players. So not sure what that has to do with anything. Also, Ohio is right next to Michigan. What does that have to do with States that are on the east coast and the south?
Seriously?? You just went on a rant about how Ohio State has the advantage of recruiting all the talent in Ohio, yet when it's michigan recruiting all the talent in Ohio that they've been able to over time, it's somehow irrelevant to the conversation?