• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh burns Butch Jones

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bad situation is he putting himself in? Responding on twitter?

You mean like "dabbing" with a recruit, dancing "the wobble" with a recruit or playong pop a shot basketball with a recruit.
Or is it only stupid shit because it is Harbaugh and everything he does is a national headline because he is the new "it" coach for the time being?

You're right, nothing bad has ever happened as a result of famous people being unfiltered on twitter and it's completely the same as taking a picture with a recruit while doing a dance move.

Everything will be fine.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as big of a douchebag creep as Harbaugh is?

Not HALF as bad as Urban Meyer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is a class program but Harbaugh is a dick. This is like watching Bill Callahan at Nebraska. Guys like him always end up at the end of a rope when their mouth inevitably writes a check their ass can't cash.

And that's where you are wrong my friend

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is a class program but Harbaugh is a dick. This is like watching Bill Callahan at Nebraska. Guys like him always end up at the end of a rope when their mouth inevitably writes a check their ass can't cash.
Michigan hasn't been a class program at least since before they forced Carr out.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of when Gordon Gee was president at Ohio State and he kept saying dumb shit. Except Ohio State fans were embarrassed not claiming Gee was some sort of publicity genius.
You're right, nothing bad has ever happened as a result of famous people being unfiltered on twitter and it's completely the same as taking a picture with a recruit while doing a dance move.

Everything will be fine.
What is unfiltered about telling a coach to worry about his own team?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything will be fine.
As far as 'Bama not doing ridiculous things to get recruits. Why would Saban take a picture dabbing with a recruit, why would a recruit have him on video dancing the wobble for him and why is he playing pop a shot with a recruit?

I've said it once and I will say it again. ANY coach at a high level program is going to do whatever it takes to bring in the top recruits within the rules and sometimes they ignore the rules.
You need to get Saban off the pedestal you have put him on and realize he is no different, but he has been doing it a lot longer -- so it isn't a huge deal anymore, just like it won't be for Harbaugh once the next "it" coach is hired.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:harbs:

:harbs:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no Michigan fan but this is all about Harbaugh turning that program around quickly. Meyer is terrified because he finally has some yearly competition in the Big 10. I guess another 'health problem' is coming for Urban.
I'm calling bullshit here!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked about it directly, he said he actually posts. Whether that's true or not I don't know we'll ever really know. This doesn't sound like stuff that's run through any kind of official department or group.
Best move for harbaugh after reading his unprofessional tweets . Would be to claim the authority hacked his account imo

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as 'Bama not doing ridiculous things to get recruits. Why would Saban take a picture dabbing with a recruit, why would a recruit have him on video dancing the wobble for him and why is he playing pop a shot with a recruit?

I've said it once and I will say it again. ANY coach at a high level program is going to do whatever it takes to bring in the top recruits within the rules and sometimes they ignore the rules.
You need to get Saban off the pedestal you have put him on and realize he is no different, but he has been doing it a lot longer -- so it isn't a huge deal anymore, just like it won't be for Harbaugh once the next "it" coach is hired.

Saban doesn't have a twitter account and he focuses on recruiting, not trying to make headlines or starting shit publicly with other coaches.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year and I'm already tired of this guy... Unfortunately I can't think of a coach I'd rather have so I can't say I want him gone. However, I'm not a fan of Harbaugh's Michigan. It comes across as white trash and Walverine-ish. Not something that would be affiliated with one of the world's great universities. For a guy who graduated from the school it doesn't seem like he actually understands what the University of Michigan is.

He better start winning conference and national titles soon though, this type of behavior is only tolerable if you're actually winning... 0-2 against those who matter and 0 conference titles isn't going to cut it.

Harbaugh is the Kanye West of college football. Only a legend in his own mind and the minds of his idiotic fans.

Ugh I agree with you... although in Kanye's defense he didn't become a irredeemable fool until after he started dating Kardashian... something about those women.

This reminds me of when Gordon Gee was president at Ohio State and he kept saying dumb shit. Except Ohio State fans were embarrassed not claiming Gee was some sort of publicity genius.

Bull shit Gordon Gee was legitimately funny and good guy. Harbaugh is just annoying. On a scale of 0-10 Jones statement was like a 0.5 (benign) and Harbaugh's response was like an 8 (rustled), absolutely no need to escalate things.

But hey, our ignorant look-at-me! culture laps this crap up so Harbaugh's foolishness will likely be rewarded. :rolleyes:

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is a grown man and he focuses on doing his job, not trying to make impress chicks with his pseudo machismo by starting shit publicly with other guys.

:fify:

Harbaugh, in the simplest terms, is a bitch. There's nothing wrong with being a bitch if you're winning because it will be dismissed as quirky. If Harbaugh wins its a footnote. If he doesn't he need to take that shit back to the NFL because Michigan is supposed to be above this type bullshit. He's at a blueblood but he acts like he's coaching at some second/third tier program and needs to keep it's name in the news.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harbaugh, in the simplest terms, is a bitch. There's nothing wrong with being a bitch if you're winning because it will be dismissed as quirky. If Harbaugh wins its a footnote. If he doesn't he need to take that shit back to the NFL because Michigan is supposed to be above this type bullshit. He's at a blueblood but he acts like he's coaching at some second/third tier program and needs to keep it's name in the news.

Yes, you can eat bacon with me.

giphy.gif

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a part of me thinking he is doing this because of the fact Michigan has been largely irrelevant and putting out losing seasons recently. This is his way of getting people to focus on Michigan. If he gets them winning at a high level, the weirdness could stop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban doesn't have a twitter account and he focuses on recruiting, not trying to make headlines or starting shit publicly with other coaches.
So it is "focusing on recruiting" when Saban does juvenile things for recruits, yet if it is Harbaugh he is doing "stupid shit".
And you still haven't told me what unfiltered comment he has made on Twitter? Telling Butch Davis to worry about his own program is solid advice -- they have enough issues to deal with at Tennessee to worry about trying to be funny on Twitter.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is "focusing on recruiting" when Saban does juvenile things for recruits, yet if it is Harbaugh he is doing "stupid shit".
And you still haven't told me what unfiltered comment he has made on Twitter? Telling Butch Davis to worry about his own program is solid advice -- they have enough issues to deal with at Tennessee to worry about trying to be funny on Twitter.
Like what?