• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh and Roman got too cute

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. Just send Kyle Williams deep and throw it 10 yards over his head. At least let the defense know you might try it. Seriously, now many bombs do we try, one every 3 or 4 games? Gotta keep the D honest.

Maybe Harbaugh is preaching ball security like he did with Alex? I am not comparing them or suggesting that that they are the same in hesitancies, or that Harbaugh was at fault, but I'm saying there's a common denominator. If it's every 3 to 4 games for taking shots, maybe Harbaugh is limiting Kaepernick until he gets more experience? Seattle made sense but Indianapolis does not.

However, that said, I think that the reason is the wide receivers. The reason why I thought of the first paragraph was because in Harbaugh's camp video on YouTube, his first thing was ball security. It seems like as a quarterback you might want to teach vision, fundamentals, or something but his message was ball security. Just a thought, not a conclusion

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing that is not being talked about but could be a big factor on why this offense is not clicking is that during the pre-season, the coaches limited Kaps playing time. Even on the 3rd pre-season game which should have been the tune up towards the season, they started on offense just got a couple of series. Most of the other teams had their starters doing at least one quarter on the first 2 pre-season games and more during the 3rd pre-season game. Those reps gave their starters familiarity with each other. The niners were coming in the season with only VD and KW as the receivers with familiarity with Kap, so instead of having the other Kap and the other WR's time to gel in game situations, the Niners stood pat and as a result, Kap is finding it hard to trust what his WR's can do and is hesitating

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the end result is 1-2. There isn't any doubt in my mind that they are both great offensive minds, and are the right coaches for this team, but sometimes last year it was evident that they were trying to get a little cute and it backfired. This year they are even trying more of that stuff and it has completely blown up in their face.

1. You try cute stuff after you have established your offense. You don't start the game with that crap.
2. You try cute stuff when you have proven, veteran pass-catchers that can improvise and actually get open.

Basically, we need to get the fuck back to basics. Power, man on man blocking. Off-tackle and stretch-toss (not to Dixon) runs. Play-action, and then read-option once we've established our BASE offense. We're not gonna move the ball through the air when Kaepernick barely has a season's worth of games under his built and a bunch of rookie and no-name WRs. Seriously. Get a grip. Stop trying to outsmart opposing coaches.

Let's go back to the basics before it's too late.

I disagree. If they are going to try and pass the ball they need to get more cute. You can't just line up guys like Williams, Boldin and Patton one on one with no protection and expect them to beat NFL DBs. They simply are not good enough or fast enough in Boldin's case. They need to scheme these guys open with formations and not just throw them to the wolves at the scrimmage line. Power running is fine but you cannot do that every play, when they ned to throw, they need better schemes and formations to get these guys open. Also, they need to get the RBs involved in the passing game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My biggest issue with Roman has been his tendency to at times be too cute or over think things. Sometimes you just have to lineup and go with what you do best and impose your will on a play.

Still I believe our biggest issue is the lack of weapons for Kap right now. I believe once we're able to throw a healthy Davis, Crabtree, and Boldin out there our offense will look far sharper.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beef is not necessarily the game planning but rather the lack of adjustments once a game plan has shown to be ineffective. I totally agree with Clyde with regards to sticking to our strengths and getting back to basics. At the same time, if something has proven to be ineffective after a few plays, a quarter, hell, even a half....time to switch it up. It doesn't make any sense at all. We ran the ball down their throats yesterday, ripping off 5-10 yards per rush. Then we completely abandon the run and try passing to our ineffective WR that couldn't find openings? We start trying to run read option/pistol garbage that pretty much didn't show any sort of positive yardage? It's bullshit. Gore and our OL is supposed to be our bread and butter. When we have our backs against the wall, we power run and expand the offense from there, from play action on. Use the run to set up the pass.

Me too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue with Roman has been his tendency to at times be too cute or over think things. Sometimes you just have to lineup and go with what you do best and impose your will on a play.

Still I believe our biggest issue is the lack of weapons for Kap right now. I believe once we're able to throw a healthy Davis, Crabtree, and Boldin out there our offense will look far sharper.

And Manningham.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman needs to find a way to get Gore, Hunter, and LMJ involved in the passing game. Dink and dunk to the RBs.

Gore needs more touches!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman needs to find a way to get Gore, Hunter, and LMJ involved in the passing game. Dink and dunk to the RBs.

Gore needs more touches!

Is it Roman that needs to or Kap? It seems like he overlooks using the RBs in the passing game? As if he doesnt want to be called captain check down like Alex is labeled. He should notice that positive things happen for Alex when he checks down to Charles or Cutler checks down to forte... They are 3-0

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Roman that needs to or Kap? It seems like he overlooks using the RBs in the passing game? As if he doesnt want to be called captain check down like Alex is labeled. He should notice that positive things happen for Alex when he checks down to Charles or Cutler checks down to forte... They are 3-0

I've noticed you're on a crusade to put all of the blame on Kaep. Not, it's not Kaep, it's Harbaugh/Roman. Even last year we didn't use the RBs in the screen game much.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed you're on a crusade to put all of the blame on Kaep. Not, it's not Kaep, it's Harbaugh/Roman. Even last year we didn't use the RBs in the screen game much.

I agree its on Harbaugh/Roman for not utilizing them in the passing game but how could it be on them if he doesnt decide to check it down and run out of bounds 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage for a coverage sack?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roman.

Our WRs are struggling to get off the jam and into their routes. This throws off the timing between the QB and WR. What is a QB supposed to do? He has to spend additional time in the pocket waiting for the WRs to get into their routes. That is on the coaches and WRs. If the WRs suck, why not get RBs involved in the passing game?

:noidea:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Patton was suppose to be our Deep threat. Boldin our Possession receiver9move the chains), Williams our kind of do it all kind of guy. Baldwin(should be a Redzone target.)

Now when healthy we have Crabtree and Mario, big difference. Boldin becomes a great #2 for us.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman.

Our WRs are struggling to get off the jam and into their routes. This throws off the timing between the QB and WR. What is a QB supposed to do? He has to spend additional time in the pocket waiting for the WRs to get into their routes. That is on the coaches and WRs. If the WRs suck, why not get RBs involved in the passing game?

:noidea:

I agree with that but there was times when he could of checked it down and he waited too long to make a decision. I am not defending Roman by any means, I would like to see him fired actually. I just think kap has to make quicker decisions and realize what you have stated above.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run the ball and Use Gore more in the passing game. Also use hunter in the passing game. We aren't using all of our weapons. injuries are also a big factor. Wills hurt, Ian Williams out, VD hurt, Crabtree hurt for awhile, Mario hurt, Aldon(suspended kind of). Team has a lot of holes right now.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget .......

Other injury concerns:*Kyle Williams underwent X-rays on his left ribs after the game. He sustained the injury while throwing a backside cut block against Colts safety Delano Howell. Williams remained in the game.Third cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha appeared to injure his right leg while pulling down Ahmad Bradshaw at the end of a 27-yard run in the fourth quarter.Special-teams player Bubba Ventrone sustained a concussion while blocking on a first-quarter punt return. He did not return