• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Handicapping Russell Wilson's Landing Spots

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so dumb, its not happening this year periods it just isn't. MAYBE the following year, POSSIBLY the year after that but still very unlikely.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the FO was dead set on trading RW this year they wouldn't have listened about his choice of OC, but they did and he's running the show. A move like this kind of means to me they are planning on keeping Russ for the long term unless next season becomes like 4-13 disasterous, Russ bitching and Pete retires after the season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way he gets traded is in his last year if its clear he doesn't want to resign

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the FO was dead set on trading RW this year they wouldn't have listened about his choice of OC, but they did and he's running the show. A move like this kind of means to me they are planning on keeping Russ for the long term unless next season becomes like 4-13 disasterous, Russ bitching and Pete retires after the season.
4-13? So, they made the playoffs with a 4-12 record and then lost in the first round? If that is the case, the NFL should probably re-think their whole playoff structure.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-13? So, they made the playoffs with a 4-12 record and then lost in the first round? If that is the case, the NFL should probably re-think their whole playoff structure.
I just threw some awful record out as a point. Obviously team would be stricken with massive injuries and Russ and Pete nowhere near on the same page as just a thought if Russ does get traded away next offseason. Of course I would rather have Russ here to finish out his career.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is clearly a move by the Seahawks Front Office to shoot back a little at Wilson.

This is all just a power struggle between Pete and Russ. Clearly something happened last season that broke the relationship there. And now Russ wants to get Pete out of the way off the offense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just threw some awful record out as a point. Obviously team would be stricken with massive injuries and Russ and Pete nowhere near on the same page as just a thought if Russ does get traded away next offseason. Of course I would that too happen and hope Russ finishes his career in the PNW.

I still maintain that if the Seahawks don't get to the Super Bowl, this is Pete's last season as HC. I also put the chances of Pete being fired this offseason as being non-zero, albeit pretty unlikely.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will happen this coming season, and this next season will determine the future of Wilson as a Seahawk, this is like that first break up with the wife, ya give it another try.

If he is still banged around and nothing being done about it, he could be a Saint, Bear..............

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still maintain that if the Seahawks don't get to the Super Bowl, this is Pete's last season as HC. I also put the chances of Pete being fired this offseason as being non-zero, albeit pretty unlikely.
I'm not sure at this moment if they are SB contenders but if they don't get past the second round possibly Pete steps down. I never had a thought of Pete being fired but another 1 and done puts him on the hot seat if he doesn't step down next offseason. Let's hope for a good FA/draft to right the ship.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will happen this coming season, and this next season will determine the future of Wilson as a Seahawk, this is like that first break up with the wife, ya give it another try.

If he is still banged around and nothing being done about it, he could be a Saint, Bear..............
They have put plenty of resources in the o-line, it's just they've missed on them early in his career cause Cable had too much input. The second half of the season the o-line actually did better but still needs improvement. Also I would say out of the 47 sacks, RW held the ball to long and caused a good 10-15 sacks on his own.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have put plenty of resources in the o-line, it's just they've missed on them early in his career cause Cable had too much input. The second half of the season the o-line actually did better but still needs improvement. Also I would say out of the 47 sacks, RW held the ball to long and caused a good 10-15 sacks on his own.

You got it about him holding on to the ball too long but I was under the understanding he was unhapy with his protection, no?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it about him holding on to the ball too long but I was under the understanding he was unhapy with his protection, no?
I'm sure he is but this was the wrong year to come out and say that when the o-line played better the back half of the season. Previous years he would have had a legit gripe.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he is but this was the wrong year to come out and say that when the o-line played better the back half of the season. Previous years he would have had a legit gripe.

So what is the problem, why all this now?

I did have a thought that he isn't happy having a diva WR in Metcalf, the guy is the first Seahawk WR with this ME thing, and Wilson doesn't like it. Not that he can actually escape it, there are ME WR's all over the place.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Seahawks have tried to address the OL in the past, but have never been able to strike gold like they have at other positions RW QB 3rd round, Baldwin UDFA WR, Chancellor 5th round safety, Richard Sherman CB 5th round. Instead their picks have been uninspired at OL. Other teams have been unlucky at filling certain positions also, it's just the way it goes and nobody hits on all positions.
I do think it's more likely RW gets traded next season than Pete Carroll stepping down or getting fired. Mostly because having Pete leave does nothing for some of the real obstacles to succeed and by that I mean cap space and better draft position. If RW does get traded next season I'm for a full on rebuild under PC again. Some of the funniest season were the years the Seahawks did just that when Pete arrived. Not that I'm hoping for RW to get traded. I'm happy to struggle with the cap and such and be a playoff team that could get hot at the right time.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the problem, why all this now?

I did have a thought that he isn't happy having a diva WR in Metcalf, the guy is the first Seahawk WR with this ME thing, and Wilson doesn't like it. Not that he can actually escape it, there are ME WR's all over the place.
The problem I think is the second half of the season was a struggle plus being bounced in the first round was an embarrassment so he let off some steam to his agent which than decided to air out the laundry. Not once has Russ indicated a trade but the media ate up what the agent put out there and ran with it. Typical offseason click bait that ran wild. I think Russ likes DK. The guy can get those 50/50 jump balls where Russ has never really had that type of WR.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Seahawks have tried to address the OL in the past, but have never been able to strike gold like they have at other positions RW QB 3rd round, Baldwin UDFA WR, Chancellor 5th round safety, Richard Sherman CB 5th round. Instead their picks have been uninspired at OL. Other teams have been unlucky at filling certain positions also, it's just the way it goes and nobody hits on all positions.
I do think it's more likely RW gets traded next season than Pete Carroll stepping down or getting fired. Mostly because having Pete leave does nothing for some of the real obstacles to succeed and by that I mean cap space and better draft position. If RW does get traded next season I'm for a full on rebuild under PC again. Some of the funniest season were the years the Seahawks did just that when Pete arrived. Not that I'm hoping for RW to get traded. I'm happy to struggle with the cap and such and be a playoff team that could get hot at the right time.
I think at Pete's age he would step down then go for a full rebuild. He's here as long as RW is here.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, The problem I think is the second half of the season was a struggle plus being bounced in the first round was an embarrassment so he let off some steam to his agent which than decided to air out the laundry. Not once has Russ indicated a trade but the media ate up what the agent put out there and ran with it. Typical offseason click bait that ran wild. I think Russ likes DK. The guy can get those 50/50 jump balls where Russ has never really had that type of WR.

I like your take there and can't disagree with anything. Just a thought about DK he is unlike what Wilson has had.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at Pete's age he would step down then go for a full rebuild. He's here as long as RW is here.
You could be right about Pete not wanting to do another full on rebuild but I don't see him wanting to step down either and don't think he'd be fired.