• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hamilton, Rangers host dysfunctional Angels

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Neftali well. I do believe despite the popular opinion that Neftali never recovered from Game 6 that he did recover. That was evidenced by his success that next year as a starter until he got hurt. It was the injury that he appeared to never recover from.
Yeah I call bullshit on anyone who says he didn't recover mentally. He still had the gas. They gambled with him being a starter and he was so damn good, but the TJS broke him....It's awful for him and Texas both. I hope he can go somewhere and learn how to pitch again. I loved him in 2009....

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one time it really seemed like that Teixeira trade was going to cause us to reap benefits for many years. It appears now that those benefits were relatively short term. It was still a good trade, but it hasn't turned out to be nearly as good as we all thought it was going to be.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I call bullshit on anyone who says he didn't recover mentally. He still had the gas. They gambled with him being a starter and he was so damn good, but the TJS broke him....It's awful for him and Texas both. I hope he can go somewhere and learn how to pitch again. I loved him in 2009....
I even had local talk show host Norm Hitzges get very mad at me because he said they made Feliz a starter because they didn't think he had the mental toughness to be a closer any longer. I gave him a link to a quote from JD in ST 2011 that they intended the next offseason to go out and find a closer so Feliz could become a starter in 2012. They decided on him being a starter months before Game 6 and Norm just wouldn't listen to any evidence because he like so many others already had their mind made up about Neftali. He got a bum rap from a lot of folks along the way. I sure hope he rebounds eventually.

When he struck ARod out on a breaking ball to end the ALCS and send us to the WS he gave me one of the greatest memories of all of my years following this team. I will always be a huge fan of Neftali. Best wishes to him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even had local talk show host Norm Hitzges get very mad at me because he said they made Feliz a starter because they didn't think he had the mental toughness to be a closer any longer. I gave him a link to a quote from JD in ST 2011 that they intended the next offseason to go out and find a closer so Feliz could become a starter in 2012. They decided on him being a starter months before Game 6 and Norm just wouldn't listen to any evidence because he like so many others already had their mind made up about Neftali. He got a bum rap from a lot of folks along the way. I sure hope he rebounds eventually.

When he struck ARod out on a breaking ball to end the ALCS and send us to the WS he gave me one of the greatest memories of all of my years following this team. I will always be a huge fan of Neftali. Best wishes to him.

I agree completely.

And this may very well be too simplistic to be the solution for him, but a change of scenery, dealing with a different medical team, and hearing advice from a new voice (pitching coach) couldn't hurt anything. No knock whatsoever re: Maddux implied either.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facing Hamilton was a not an issue for Angels manager Mike Scioscia. He said there were more important things to consider, such as how to improve an offense that began play with the fourth-lowest run production in the American League at 3.84 runs per game.

“We haven’t really thought about Josh much,” Scioscia said. “We’ve got a lot of things we’re dealing with as far as getting better on the field."

To which I say, "Oh really Mike? Then why keep bringing up the apology Hamilton owes to his former teammates and ownership?"

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate what you all are saying about Feliz but in game 6 he looked scared to death to make a pitch. The look in his face, the time it took between pitches gave me a bad feeling. At the same time I was not happy with Napoli's pitch selection. When Buck and McCarver are saying Freese is a fastball hitter who likes to take it to RF why would you keep calling for fastballs on the outside part of the plate. Throw some inside on his hands or that same breaking pitch to A-Rod. The pitch sequence never changed eye level, location or pitch type.

I also think part of my problem with him is more with someone else and that was the fact we tried to make him a closer again based upon his past. He should not have been counted on to be the closer and it just did not help his cause once it failed.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all these rookies being called up the one the media should be talking about seems to be Correa for Houston.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you have a great 4th of July. We do not play until 8:05 tonight.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you have a great 4th of July. We do not play until 8:05 tonight.

Right back at you Wastin, and all the rest of you guys. Stay safe!

Go Rangers! USA!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just popped in to LOL @ the Angels. :L Fuck 'em!!!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Indpendence Day everyone! God bless America!

A sincere thank you. I hope you and yours have a wonderful/safe holiday.

And let's not forget......Go Rangers!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The super human Astros finally lost a game. A win tonight would truly make a good 4th of July for ranger fans.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The super human Astros finally lost a game. A win tonight would truly make a good 4th of July for ranger fans.
Worrying about the Astros is pointless.

Btw Chi Chi sent down and Raunado was called up. Yovani will start Tuesday and the game before the ASB. Matt Harrison will start Wednesday.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua in the 2 hole. Hamilton out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I confirmed something I had always suspected. I don't know a thing about socker.