• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hamilton, Rangers host dysfunctional Angels

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers RP Neftali Feliz designated for assignment on Friday
POSTED BY JASON LEMPERT
1623768.png

Neftali Feliz

RP | TEX
FREE AGENT | ADD TO MY TEAM
Right-hander Neftali Feliz has been designated for assignment by the Rangers, following their 8-2 loss to the Angels on Friday. Feliz, who was the American League Rookie of the Year in 2010 when he saved 40 games, has struggled to stay heathy for the better part of his tenure with the Rangers.
In 2015, Feliz posted a 4.58 ERA in 19 2/3 innings of relief. He pitched two scoreless innings on Friday. However, the Rangers needed space on the 40-man roster for Matt Harrison, who is being activated from the 60-day disabled list, according to The Dallas Morning News.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media are some real a-holes going to interview Feliz in the locker room, what did they expect him to say?

That's some bull shit.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. Wtf happened with this guy?

Daniels when asked that question, said "he got hurt".

Said he never had the same free and easy delivery with the ball, being electric coming out

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should bring up other reliever up before rostering Harry if allowed. The high road re Nefty is to attribute to the injury. I do know he has been very up and down with velo. And there has never been an answer to that

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should brains other reliever up before rostering Harry if allowed. The high road re Nefty is to attribute to the injury. I do know he has been very up and down with velo. And there has never been an answer to that
Make that bring. Typo

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should bring up other reliever up before rostering Harry if allowed. The high road re Nefty is to attribute to the injury. I do know he has been very up and down with velo. And there has never been an answer to that

JD said Harry had to be added to the roster tomorrow, even though he won't start til Tuesday because you have 2 days after the 30 days of rehab assignment to make the roster move.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers RP Neftali Feliz designated for assignment on Friday
POSTED BY JASON LEMPERT
1623768.png

Neftali Feliz

RP | TEX
FREE AGENT | ADD TO MY TEAM
Right-hander Neftali Feliz has been designated for assignment by the Rangers, following their 8-2 loss to the Angels on Friday. Feliz, who was the American League Rookie of the Year in 2010 when he saved 40 games, has struggled to stay heathy for the better part of his tenure with the Rangers.
In 2015, Feliz posted a 4.58 ERA in 19 2/3 innings of relief. He pitched two scoreless innings on Friday. However, the Rangers needed space on the 40-man roster for Matt Harrison, who is being activated from the 60-day disabled list, according to The Dallas Morning News.
Tough. Just plain tough to find out. Like to think he'll latch on to some other team and become a decent reliever again. Some times, I guess, you don't make it past TJ surgery.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD said Harry had to be added to the roster tomorrow, even though he won't start til Tuesday because you have 2 days after the 30 days of rehab assignment to make the roster move.
Thought about that after posting and asked a gut online. Too bad though, we will need some solid pitching although we at least have some days off ahead. Wonder how we handle the last few starts before ASB

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't envy the final decision on Harry. Going to be tough cutting losses with him. Wish him all the best Tuesday but I don't know how much rope you give him. How many chances. Way past my pay grade.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about that after posting and asked a gut online. Too bad though, we will need some solid pitching although we at least have some days off ahead. Wonder how we handle the last few starts before ASB

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ranaudo get another turn, or maybe another young arm gets called up to make a spot start, before the break. Probably try and get some guys a little extra rest and wait to bring Perez back post ASB. Think they hope to maintain just around .500 and hope for some luck and fresh guys in the second half.

Hate to say it, but even after the good trip to Baltimore, Im afraid they get swept in this series. Even with douchebag CJ going Sunday.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't envy the final decision on Harry. Going to be tough cutting losses with him. Wish him all the best Tuesday but I don't know how much rope you give him. How many chances. Way past my pay grade.

I gotta give Matty his props, he could have just taken his money and ridden off into the sunset and never worried about pitching again, but he's dang sure trying to make a go of it. Hope he's effective again someday, somewhere. I just don't think its this year, as a Ranger. Unfortunately.

Hell he could pitch Tuesday and then retire after the game I guess?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised to see Ranaudo get another turn, or maybe another young arm gets called up to make a spot start, before the break. Probably try and get some guys a little extra rest and wait to bring Perez back post ASB. Think they hope to maintain just around .500 and hope for some luck and fresh guys in the second half.

Hate to say it, but even after the good trip to Baltimore, Im afraid they get swept in this series. Even with douchebag CJ going Sunday.
Don't give up on 'em, Murph. This team's been pretty resiliant.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Neftali well. I do believe despite the popular opinion that Neftali never recovered from Game 6 that he did recover. That was evidenced by his success that next year as a starter until he got hurt. It was the injury that he appeared to never recover from.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Neftali well. I do believe despite the popular opinion that Neftali never recovered from Game 6 that he did recover. That was evidenced by his success that next year as a starter until he got hurt. It was the injury that he appeared to never recover from.

I hate seeing careers cut short because of injury, hope he somehow gets his arm strength and velocity back and pitches well for some team again

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps it is more that many of the Ranger faithful have never recovered. The only cure is the coveted WSC. Go Rangers