• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hamhuis not close

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he was also the person to start the rumor.

He stated that Hamhuis and the Flyers weren't close. Dreger replied a few minutes later that he's hearing whispers of Hamhuis to Vancouver.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I guess I'm the only one left looking at this. That means I'll break the news first.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBrun is saying Hamhuis is almost assuredly going to FA. This could be a good thing. Sure, the third pairing is going to suck again, but it's more money to spend on the guy playing 60 minutes a night instead of the guy playing 12 minutes a night.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am done looking at these twitter pages. they just contradict themselves. it is like hockeybuzz.com.

lol Well, it's not quite as bad. Twitter at least has rumors reported by credentialed journalists while hockeybuzz has random, totally made up rumors, by an anonymous idiot...but yeah, all of these contradictions make it seem like that a little bit.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBrun is saying Hamhuis is almost assuredly going to FA. This could be a good thing. Sure, the third pairing is going to suck again, but it's more money to spend on the guy playing 60 minutes a night instead of the guy playing 12 minutes a night.

I still think they'll sign him one way or the other but if not I'm sure Homer will look elsewhere to bolster the defense. (Sidenote: Hamhuis would be playing a lot more than 12 mins. He plays the PK and they want to lessen the load on Pronger).

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they'll sign him one way or the other but if not I'm sure Homer will look elsewhere to bolster the defense. (Sidenote: Hamhuis would be playing a lot more than 12 mins. He plays the PK and they want to lessen the load on Pronger).

Yea, but there are only so many minutes to go around. If Hamhuis is getting 19+ minutes, that means Coburn goes back to the 12-14 he was getting around January. And Coburn is going to cost you no matter what.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Mason 2 years $7-7.5 (Maybe Eriksson is ready by then)? Would still sign Coburn and would have another $2-3 to sign another 4-5 type dman. God I hope Marshall is ready!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really think this is going to be like the trade deadline. all of these rumors, and then nothing. if only we would trade carter.

also, if hamhuis is going to be an idiot and request 5 mil a year or whatever then let him walk. 4 mil is overpaying so anything more than that should be rejected. i am more concerned about goaltending and hopefully not getting thomas. if hamhuis does not sign then i hope he keeps it a secret until we get a goalie because they can not sign both him and thomas easily.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're wrong Scott(even though I fear you;re right). All these rumors are just so damn conflicting.

If Hamhuis signs for 4 mill a yr I'm all for it, we could then resign Coburn still and a goalie and still be under cap. The thing everyone hs to remember is that if we can sign Hamhuis and Coburn ato reasonable contracts then we could also theoretically use one of our defensemen as trade bait(I said before I thought a Carter & Coburn for Bernier, Brown and a pick may work for both teams). There are a few teams around the league who look to be wiling to overpay for top 4 d-men(Anaheim being one). This probably just wishful thinking though.

I guess we'll all see in a few hours where we stand, let's just hope we're a better team at the end of the day.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....that was a rather quiet day in LA.

Sucks