• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hamhuis not close

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've already stole a baby to start punching if this deal doesnt happen.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i will be disappointed if this does not happen although i really do not care what we gave up either way. i just think this would put our defense over the top.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. I dont really care if we lost Parent for nothing...but I thought our defense was nasty last season this will lock it in for top 2 in the league.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya hopefully the deal gets done.. 4 for 4 isn't bad, actually its what i thought he'd get if you look back at my 'first ever thread'.. if thats what he wants i dont really see how they aren't close?

my guess is if they aren't close its because homer is trying to low-ball him and convince him that he should come for other reasons than just money.. i'm guessing closer to july 1 he'll cave and give hamhuis what he wants

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya hopefully the deal gets done.. 4 for 4 isn't bad, actually its what i thought he'd get if you look back at my 'first ever thread'.. if thats what he wants i dont really see how they aren't close?

my guess is if they aren't close its because homer is trying to low-ball him and convince him that he should come for other reasons than just money.. i'm guessing closer to july 1 he'll cave and give hamhuis what he wants

I def want Hamhuis on the team. I don't think Homer's trying to lowball him though. He's just can't afford to overpay because he still needs to sign a goalie, a rw, etc.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i guess i wasn't clear.. not really trying to low ball him.. just see what the minimum he'll take is.. so like start it at 3 mil, then go up 100's of k at a time until hamhuis says yes.. just to get him at the lowest possible salary

if hamhuis wants 4 for 4 he wont budge until thats offered, and my guess is homer will offer that at the last possible moment.. or if he thinks thats too much, he'll trade his rights again at the draft.. maybe the flyers were missing a piece to a big deal, and hamhuis rights fill that hole

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see. Yeah, that could be what's going on. Earlier it was reported that Hamhuis wanted between 4-4.5 mil. If he's asking for a 4 year, 4 mil per year contract I'd give it to him. It's better to get that wrapped asap so that he can worry about the other deals and signings he has to complete.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it might not just be the money. homer might give him the contract he wants and hamhuis might still want to test free agency. homer was not allowed to talk to him prior to the trade.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it might not just be the money. homer might give him the contract he wants and hamhuis might still want to test free agency. homer was not allowed to talk to him prior to the trade.

True, I hope that's not what happens. I'm thinking Homer wouldn't have pulled the trigger unless he thought he could sign him. I was hoping this would work out just like it did with Hartnell and Kimmo.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard the Hamhuis's agent said they were not in contact prior to the trade.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...it wouldn't be the end of the world if Homer didn't get this deal completed, but losing out on signing Hamhuis would sting like a bitch.

....and I don't care what anyone says in the press or elsewhere, the Flyer's decision makers had contact with Hamhuis' agent before the trade happened and they do have a solid idea of what it will take to get his signature on a contract.

Unless Hamhuis and his puppet (agent) gets unnecessarily greedy....this deal WILL get done and soon.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and?

I have been a senior manager for a long time now and I NEVER go into any business decision blind or in a position of weakness. Too much time and money can and would be quickly wasted on such ill conceived maneuvers and such idiocy would be fatal for me to retain my title, let alone my job.

Call it tampering or whatever, but Holmgren has to have strong information coming straight from the Hamhuis camp as to what his terms are likely to be or he's not doing his job properly.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he knows how much he will cost. for instance i could be asking for 4 mil for 4 years and a team could offer it to me and i might want to wait so i can sign with the flyers or a team i would want to be on.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamhuis and his agent should also be taking into consideration that the Flyers would have the best defense in the conference with his services and be the favorites to reach the finals yet again, but this time as a high seed.

I think all signs still point to him being a Flyer. Four million per year just seems like a bit much for what would really be a three or four on defense. Of course he's always going to be able to get more money through free agency, but it will be with a less competitive team that has money to burn.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is why I don't follow all this stuff until it happens, it's too crazy and confusing! Props to you guys who have the patience to do so! And make sure you keep us lesser mortals informed!:D

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Hamhuis isnt gay and doesnt want to be in an areana full of people with AIDS and deal with other players trying to help him shower?

I mean, its not like they play in Pittsburgh more than 6 times in a regular season?
Did I get anyone? lol