• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

haha - Austin Davis Gets the Start NOT Manziel

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If he plays well the entire fan base will revolt if they let him go. If he plays poorly, his value only goes down.

Ya but if he plays well they might want to keep him. He was a first round pick after all so they don't want to just throw it away. Unless they let him play for a few games in a row how can they know what they've got?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya but if he plays well they might want to keep him. He was a first round pick after all so they don't want to just throw it away. Unless they let him play for a few games in a row how can they know what they've got?

You said if their plan was to get rid of Manzel, it makes no sense to bench him. Now you are making the point that they may want to keep him.

I was responding to your original point. If their plan is to get rid of him, they should bench him and see what Davis can do.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said if their plan was to get rid of Manzel, it makes no sense to bench him. Now you are making the point that they may want to keep him.

I was responding to your original point. If their plan is to get rid of him, they should bench him and see what Davis can do.

I see. Well I think it can be both at the same time. If they want to get rid of him they need to showcase him, and if think they might keep him they need to see what he can do to. Really, at this point the Browns have nothing to lose and the fans want to see him anyway. Give the fans what they want in Cleveland, its all they have left this year. I think Manziel is a fucking dolt, but it's not like he killed somebody. He parties too much and he lied about it. I'd still rather see him play than Greg Hardy.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. Well I think it can be both at the same time. If they want to get rid of him they need to showcase him, and if think they might keep him they need to see what he can do to. Really, at this point the Browns have nothing to lose and the fans want to see him anyway. Give the fans what they want in Cleveland, its all they have left this year. I think Manziel is a fucking dolt, but it's not like he killed somebody. He parties too much and he lied about it. I'd still rather see him play than Greg Hardy.
If they are not sure what they are going to do with him, then they should play him. If they are dead set on getting rid of him, they should bench him and see what Davis can do. And I completely agree with the bolded.