• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys you want to see in a Flyers uniform...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I'm bored and still unable to watch hockey after the monumental collapse this year.

I have however been playing a good bit of NHL 11 be a GM mode and while I more then understand that a game =/= to real life circumstance. I was wondering who you guys would like to see in the uniform next year.

I can honestly say there are a handful of guys I would love to see starting next year on our squad and I think we could obtain 1 of the following.

Dion Phaneuf, Bobby Ryan, Dustin Brown( I'd love to see Shea Weber & Drew Doughty too but I feel they are way out of reach). The reason I feel these guys are all obtainable is that every one of their teams needs a scoring Center or some veteran leadership, which we have plenty of both.

So who would you guys like to see come to Philly?

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see any of these names as a possibility of being acquired??? Phaneuf is overpaid and has been terrible the last 3 seasons. Bobby Ryan is coming off a career year. Brown is the only one possible but he would be another expensive 3 million dollar Versteeg type of player.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phaneuf has been on bad teams, he's a big physical guy who you can match up against big forwards who seemed to live in front of our net come the playoffs, he skates well, makes good first passes out of D zone, and he has an absolute cannon from the point. He would actually fit into Lavy's system exceptionally well.

Ryan had a career year, but Anaheim still needs more scoring depth and it would be much easier to build that with a legitmate 30-40G center then a winger(even though the ducks have debated and I think tried moving Ryan to C). How sick would a line of JVR - Giroux - Ryan be?

Brown is a cheap version of Richie, but on the wing. He plays 2 way hockey, is a great fore checker and is good for 60 points. He'd actually complement Richie and Versteeg(if he stays). How is 3 mill a yr expensive for a 60-70 pt guy who plays in all situations?

How do you get them? Well let's see we have Carter, Pronger, Carle and a few more that have good trade value. The only thing we really lack for trading is picks. Like I said all of those teams need things that the Flyers have excess of.

Is this all going to happen? Hell no. This was a bit more for fun then a serious attempt at speculating who was being targeted and ultimately end in the orange and black.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is retiring if the Bruins win, but I want Recchi if it is cheap.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like dustin brown, i like the idea of adding him for sure

i dont think ryan will be available, which is very unfortunate

and i'm iffy on phaneuf.. if he wasn't a 6.5 hit i'd be all for him.. but at that price he's overpaid

my wishes.. vokoun is at the top of my list.. i think hes the real deal, he's a FA, and he could be had for a couple years as a stop-gap.. i think he's the perfect flyer this off-season

#2, on my wish-list, is a gagne return (UFA).. i love gagne.. my die-hard fanhood started his rookie season when i got his jersey.. (keep in mind that was half my life-time ago).. plus i think he'd come back cheap, can add a few goals, and is a great 2-way forward.. plus i think he's can be a stabilizing force in the locker room

#3 dustin brown.. the flyers need size up front.. guy isn't enormous, but at 6-foot, 200 it add some size, and he plays like it.. another good leader, and he's a very consistent 50-60 point guy

#4 hal gill.. i think they need size on the back end also.. gill brings size, great pk'er, and can clear the crease (something i haven't seen a flyers player do consistently in like 7 years).. i also want to move a d-man

to be continued..

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#4 hal gill.. i think they need size on the back end also.. gill brings size, great pk'er, and can clear the crease (something i haven't seen a flyers player do consistently in like 7 years).. i also want to move a d-man

to be continued..

The only thing that concerns me about Gill is his injury history(pretty sure it's his back), I don't want 2 Prongers on the team next year.

Other then that love your list Awaz

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Brooks Laich who is an FA. I am pretty sure he make less now than what Ville wants.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Brooks Laich who is an FA. I am pretty sure he make less now than what Ville wants.

i like laich :-)L) a lot, but he's going to get way overpaid this summer i think.. cause really, after richards, who is a UFA center?

if you answered no one, you were right.

i say he gets around 3.5-4, because people like him, like his heart and his playing style.. but he does not add 3.5-4 mil worth to the team and the flyers dont need another player around 4 mil that isn't earning their contract (*scans the room, lingering on hartnell, versteeg, carle at times, leino thinks he's worth that)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that concerns me about Gill is his injury history(pretty sure it's his back), I don't want 2 Prongers on the team next year.

Other then that love your list Awaz

good point, but i think he could be useful at like 2mil for 1 year.. my big concern with pronger is not necessarily for this year (though i think he will play himself into being overpaid next season).. its in the 2-6 years after where he's making 4.9 and playing 3rd pair minutes, if we're lucky

back to the list later

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where is this 3 million or whatever coming from? It looks like this team is right against the cap to me. I am not trying to be an ass, I am genuinely curious

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boucher, Zherdev, and Walker most likely will be gone/ waived. I doubt Carcillo comes back also.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a Pens fan... I would like to see Alex Kovalev in a Flyers uniform for about 4 million...............

Seriously, though, I'm going to say right now that several Penguins are on the Flyer's radar. Adams, Talbot, Rupp... all three are FA 3rd/4th liners.. but they all would fit in Lavie's system.. Adams and Talbot especially. And all pretty cheap... they will at least get a sniff if they go to free agency I think.

.. don't be surprised!!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is this 3 million or whatever coming from? It looks like this team is right against the cap to me. I am not trying to be an ass, I am genuinely curious

They also projected the cap would go up between 2-3 million for next season. if we eliminate a few players and maybe make a trade to free up some space we could see a minor overhaul that could yield huge benefits.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boucher, Zherdev, and Walker most likely will be gone/ waived. I doubt Carcillo comes back also.

They also projected the cap would go up between 2-3 million for next season. if we eliminate a few players and maybe make a trade to free up some space we could see a minor overhaul that could yield huge benefits.

moreso the presumed trade of carter or hartnell haha.. even with the other moves/cap increase we're very close to the cap with giroux's raise and steeg's full contract hit

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan... I would like to see Alex Kovalev in a Flyers uniform for about 4 million...............

Seriously, though, I'm going to say right now that several Penguins are on the Flyer's radar. Adams, Talbot, Rupp... all three are FA 3rd/4th liners.. but they all would fit in Lavie's system.. Adams and Talbot especially. And all pretty cheap... they will at least get a sniff if they go to free agency I think.

.. don't be surprised!!

dont particularly like adams or rupp, but i dont disagree that they are good fits.. i could get used to them

i may chop off one of my fingers if the flyers sign talbot.. he's a worthless piece of shit that thinks he plays a bigger role than he does.. he's a glorified matt cooke with less actual hockey talent

and i will climb through my computer and rip the teeth out of the skull of anyone that suggests he turned the tide with that fight a few seasons ago

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i've been throwing around the idea of the flyers trying to go after a young d-man, whos cheap to alleviate some cap pain. perhaps trading a guy like matt carle for a guy like cody franson in nashville. (young d-man still on an entry level contract with 2 years of playoff experience). frees up about 3 mil in cap space. gives us a good young d-man and gives nashville a d-man entering his prime with plenty of experience and coming off an good regular season. plus we have a good trading history with nashville.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#1 I would love to get Evander Kane, i love how this kid plays. He is a big physical wing man, who plays with some grit and is young as hell. Plus his cap hit is manageable at 3.1 and I believe he is on the brink of his first breakout season, i mean the kid is 20. Love to see him play here. Could he be had? Yeah i think so, IF the Thrashers complete the move to Winnipeg they could be looking for some star power. Matt Carle would not fetch this type of return, nor is he exciting at all. Carter, though not such a star here, is fairly popular in this league, something to think about. Only problem is that you are giving up a 30-40 G 65-75 pt guy for an Evander Kane who had 46 pts last yr. But at least the kid seems hungry, something i've never thought about Carter.

#2 We NEED a physical defenseman, hell even one that hits dirty I don't care. No one fears coming in to our zone anymore. The Pronger we got doesnt hit anyone anymore and Kimmo obviously isnt going to hurt anyone. Mez and Coburn are physical when they want but cant be relied on. Carle....don't get me started. I am assuming Odonnell will not be back.

#3 A veteran who's actually likeable (side shot at Chris Pronger). I wanted Recchi last yr and we worked out Bill Guerin. Look how that worked out, Recchi once again has a solid yr for unbelievably cheap and our guy wasn't good enough to make the team. Recchi is the type of guy that can bridge the gap between the old and young, to get back to my Pronger point, he just seems like a prick, which is fine, but our young guys are premadonnas. I'm not saying Recchi has to be it, but a 'Recchi' type guy.

Wooooooo long one....

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
dont particularly like adams or rupp, but i dont disagree that they are good fits.. i could get used to them

i may chop off one of my fingers if the flyers sign talbot.. he's a worthless piece of shit that thinks he plays a bigger role than he does.. he's a glorified matt cooke with less actual hockey talent

and i will climb through my computer and rip the teeth out of the skull of anyone that suggests he turned the tide with that fight a few seasons ago

haha guess what is framed in the Cave?
shh.jpg

He did, like it or not, wake the Pens up that night. I've seen it happen both to and for my team. That one was just magnified because of the magnitude of the rivalry AND the theatrics after by both he and Dirty Dan.

That said, Talbot is NOT a great.. hell not even a good player, but he has been clutch in a handful of VERY big moments... that will get him paid this year.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I discussed the SHHHHing on the General board the other day. Kind of think it is coincidence, but still a cool story none the less.

I hate Talbot though. Just comes off as a rat to me.