• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys you want to see in a Flyers uniform...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#1 I would love to get Evander Kane, i love how this kid plays. He is a big physical wing man, who plays with some grit and is young as hell. Plus his cap hit is manageable at 3.1 and I believe he is on the brink of his first breakout season, i mean the kid is 20.

#2 We NEED a physical defenseman, hell even one that hits dirty I don't care. No one fears coming in to our zone anymore. The Pronger we got doesnt hit anyone anymore and Kimmo obviously isnt going to hurt anyone.

#3 A veteran who's actually likeable (side shot at Chris Pronger). I wanted Recchi last yr and we worked out Bill Guerin. Look how that worked out, Recchi once again has a solid yr for unbelievably cheap and our guy wasn't good enough to make the team. Recchi is the type of guy that can bridge the gap between the old and young, to get back to my Pronger point, he just seems like a prick, which is fine, but our young guys are premadonnas. I'm not saying Recchi has to be it, but a 'Recchi' type guy.

Wooooooo long one....

Agree on your first two points... Especially on Kane..not on the third.

Recchi was like Pronger in the Pens locker room a few years ago... couldn't mesh with the kids for some reason. I like Mark, dont get me wrong.. but he has caused some problems of his own. Its a shame neither of them have Guerin's mentoring abilities. He really settled the kids over here in 09.

Sorry to spam up your board Flyer folks.. my board is dead... those damned bandwagon Pens fans!!:pound:

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha guess what is framed in the Cave?
shh.jpg

I never want this bozo on the flyers. Hes a bigger punching bag than Cote. Very overrated IMO.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or this emo

MaximeTalbot.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did, like it or not, wake the Pens up that night. I've seen it happen both to and for my team. That one was just magnified because of the magnitude of the rivalry AND the theatrics after by both he and Dirty Dan.

That said, Talbot is NOT a great.. hell not even a good player, but he has been clutch in a handful of VERY big moments... that will get him paid this year.

no.. he didnt.. we dont have to argue about this, but you can read what really happened

talbot, while he picked a good spot, got his ass fuckin clown stomped by carcillo.. that was one of the most lopsided fights i've ever seen.. what talbot did was get the crowd even more into it, give the flyers even more momentum, and make the pens feel even more defeated..

what crosby's ridiculous goal off an outrageous bounce did like 2 minutes later, was spark the team and change the tide.. of all people to get a lucky bounce in the flyers arena, it was crosby.. and of all people to score a goal to quiet the crowd, it was crosby..

crosby scoring a flukey goal sparked the pens and began that comeback.. a comeback win which spurred the pens on to victory..

who the fuck shh's the crowd after getting their face beat in? what a dipshit. his elegant display of physical ineptitude did absolutely nothing to help the pens win that game

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no.. he didnt.. we dont have to argue about this, but you can read what really happened

talbot, while he picked a good spot, got his ass fuckin clown stomped by carcillo.. that was one of the most lopsided fights i've ever seen.. what talbot did was get the crowd even more into it, give the flyers even more momentum, and make the pens feel even more defeated..

what crosby's ridiculous goal off an outrageous bounce did like 2 minutes later, was spark the team and change the tide.. of all people to get a lucky bounce in the flyers arena, it was crosby.. and of all people to score a goal to quiet the crowd, it was crosby..

crosby scoring a flukey goal sparked the pens and began that comeback.. a comeback win which spurred the pens on to victory..

who the fuck shh's the crowd after getting their face beat in? what a dipshit. his elegant display of physical ineptitude did absolutely nothing to help the pens win that game

Agree with this whole post

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
C'mon... you have to see it from the opposite angle.

Had that been Cote doing the 'SHHH' after one of his Laraque beatings, and the Flyers flipped the score and won, you would find it hilarious.

It was the point of view that means everything..

Like I said... not a huge Max fan. He tends to dissapear in between his few clutch moments... but when those moments are two goals in a Game 7 final, a tying goal in a Game 6 (like 10 secs left) the year before, and a theatrical shushhhhh... it keeps him on the map.

On top of that... Hartnell's wife would be in serious trouble if Max is around... he was voted 'most likely to spread an STD' in high school.... total dog.

And the best part about this site... a Flyer fan actually gave #87 credit... that shows this isnt the usual meat-head message board. Kudos, bandit.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
shh.jpg

He did, like it or not, wake the Pens up that night. I've seen it happen both to and for my team. That one was just magnified because of the magnitude of the rivalry AND the theatrics after by both he and Dirty Dan.

That said, Talbot is NOT a great.. hell not even a good player, but he has been clutch in a handful of VERY big moments... that will get him paid this year.

so getting your ass kicked is a motivator. this is the biggest load of bullshit i have ever heard. the flyers lost that game because they stopped playing hockey and a few bounces went the other way. not because some rat got pummeled by another rat. too many pens fans hang their hats on that ridiculous coincidence.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent post.

Rep forthcoming for damn sure!

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Had that been Cote doing the 'SHHH' after one of his Laraque beatings, and the Flyers flipped the score and won, you would find it hilarious.

Like I said... not a huge Max fan. He tends to dissapear in between his few clutch moments... but when those moments are two goals in a Game 7 final, a tying goal in a Game 6 (like 10 secs left) the year before, and a theatrical shushhhhh... it keeps him on the map.

On top of that... Hartnell's wife would be in serious trouble if Max is around... he was voted 'most likely to spread an STD' in high school.... total dog.

And the best part about this site... a Flyer fan actually gave #87 credit... that shows this isnt the usual meat-head message board. Kudos, bandit.

she's not around anymore after carter AND jayson werth banged her last year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i disagree.. i bet when that fight happened and talbot got his ass kicked and the wachovia center erupted even further (they were still celebrating a goal at the time) you felt even more defeated.. i dont see how you couldn't.. after that fight i thought to myself, wow they cant even do the physical part right.. talk about a beating.. and i know you felt the same way, so dont lie about it

if he had won the fight, or even put up a fight, i'd be singing a different tune.. but the result of the fight mirrored the score in the game, and it was a 3-0 game that could have been even more based on how tilted the play was

the series changing moment was crosby's goal (and subsequent like 327 over the next 4 games).. and ya, i do give crosby credit, he's a great player.. he's one of the guys that carries the burden of being the highest rated player in the league, and is able to come away from that without being over-rated.. if that makes any sense.. he's a supreme talent.. but i think hes a whiny little bitch that gets every call.. and i also think he saved / is still saving, a pens franchise that has a considerably smaller "die-hard" fan base.. and its a franchise that i loathe.. so i hate him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not Talbot or Sid.

It was my grandma. She called during the first inertmission since she was so excited to be winning 3-0.

And then the jinx starts.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i disagree.. i bet when that fight happened and talbot got his ass kicked and the wachovia center erupted even further (they were still celebrating a goal at the time) you felt even more defeated.. i dont see how you couldn't.. after that fight i thought to myself, wow they cant even do the physical part right.. talk about a beating.. and i know you felt the same way, so dont lie about it

I honestly dont remember how I felt. I could not believe Max went after Dan. But hindsight being what it is.. until that point, the Pens bench was dead. Heads hanging. Shoulders sagging. Then the fight.

Max took a beating from a guy he KNEW was probably going to spank him... The team saw that. sorry. But after that, the guys in white were more awake and back in the game. Did it make Sid score the goal shortly after? No. Did it put a jump in the step of the whole team to make that goal possible? Yea, I think to some extent it did.

Bob Errey, whom I usually think is a boob as a color man... he called it as the fight happened. "What is Carcillo thinking?"

To sum up... Pens fans may give too much credit to that fight.... but Flyer fans give too little.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryzgalov
Gagne
Vokoun
Brunnette
Bergenhiem
Leino back
Jovanovski
Bieksa
Selanne
J.Ward
Langenbrunner
Laich
J.Jokinen
White
Dupuis
Rupp and cut Shelley
Talbot
Sjostrom

All of these guys are ufa's, and options depending on what Homer does and then needs.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kent Huskins and Niclas Wallin.

;)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont remember how I felt. I could not believe Max went after Dan. But hindsight being what it is.. until that point, the Pens bench was dead. Heads hanging. Shoulders sagging. Then the fight.

Max took a beating from a guy he KNEW was probably going to spank him... The team saw that. sorry. But after that, the guys in white were more awake and back in the game. Did it make Sid score the goal shortly after? No. Did it put a jump in the step of the whole team to make that goal possible? Yea, I think to some extent it did.

Bob Errey, whom I usually think is a boob as a color man... he called it as the fight happened. "What is Carcillo thinking?"

To sum up... Pens fans may give too much credit to that fight.... but Flyer fans give too little.

oh i definitely don't think carcillo was being smart there, and like i said, talbot picked a good spot and definitely could have impacted the game with it, i just don't think, with the way the fight went down, he helped the pens at all, i actually think it hurt them.. we can agree to disagree though, but only because you seem to have a strong like for emus :-)thumb:) and you passed the test pens fans have to for me to consider them legit human-beings by calling errey a boob.. not a strong enough term, but good enough for a passing grade

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryzgalov
Gagne
Vokoun
Brunnette
Bergenhiem
Leino back
Jovanovski (interesting.. depends on the cap-hit i suppose)
Bieksa
Selanne
J.Ward
Langenbrunner
Laich
J.Jokinen
White
Dupuis (ew no.)
Rupp and cut Shelley
Talbot (absolutely not, been discussed at length)
Sjostrom (gotta be honest i haven't seen enough of him to know)

All of these guys are ufa's, and options depending on what Homer does and then needs.

aside from my bolds i like this list.. i think you went in order of who you wanted.. id have vokoun over bryz, but that's pretty much the only change i'd make..

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can we please cut shelley? that would be wonderful, not like they dont have the money, he is a bum.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Ville Leino ($3.000m)
Ben Holmstrom ($0.750m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.083m)
Darroll Powe ($0.950m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Andreas Nodl ($1.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Matt Carle ($3.437m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m) / Ray Emery ($1.500m)

If nothing major happens this is about what I see the team looking like with the cap being set at 63 million which is now being rumored. Emerey would be interchangeable with any other decent goalie out there, and I picked holmstrom cause I liked the kid. Without a major I doubt we'll see a huge change

I left Carbomb out at about 1.5 mill which should keep us under cap still and give us our grit guy.