• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guy comes out of the closet and now he is a National Hero

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm skeptical too but thats based on his football abilities. He was the 4th best pass rusher on the team last year: Kony Ealy, Markus Golden, Shane Ray, Michael Sam.
In Sam's defense, those other 3 guys are really good. I remember hearing an interview with Ealy early on in the year and he was talking about 'other ways he helps contribute' because the perception was the he was underachieving at the time. He mentioned that he tries to do a lot of things like JJ Watt and I wonder if he will be a better fit as a 3-4 DE at the next level.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The morals of a society are pretty pathetic when you get more criticism admitting you're a Christian than you do admitting you're a homosexual.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The morals of a society are pretty pathetic when you get more criticism admitting you're a Christian than you do admitting you're a homosexual.

Sad but true......

Remember when Chic Filet came out and said they didn't support gay marriage? The national media went into a frenzy calling for the owners head on a platter. Surprisingly enough the Christians came out and basically gave the media the middle finger and then the media ran away like an angry red headed step child who got whipped with a hose from his angry step father. I think the story completely disappeared weeks after the initial reports came out. Funny how things work out, isn't it? I guess Christians love their chicken burgers. :yahoo:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the media, though. They flock to stories involving social issues because people can relate to them.

Most people I meet under the age of 40 think the gay marriage issue is a joke. Its such a minor thing to most people and a big issue to a very select few. People care about societies crumbling and failing institutions. People don't care about gay marriage...they care about their own failed marriage or how difficult it is to get by, etc

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. You don't get "criticism" admitting you're a christian... you get criticism when you try to ram it down people's throats (Obviously not speaking of you in particular, BOSS... I don't know you personally).

Christian martyrdom is just as big a craze as coming out of the closet these days.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am amazed that 3%-6% of the population gets that much attention.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the media, though. They flock to stories involving social issues because people can relate to them.

Most people I meet under the age of 40 think the gay marriage issue is a joke. Its such a minor thing to most people and a big issue to a very select few. People care about societies crumbling and failing institutions. People don't care about gay marriage...they care about their own failed marriage or how difficult it is to get by, etc

Everybody is so afraid of not being politically correct these days that they're all afraid to call it what it is. I don't give a crap about political correctness, and homosexuality has no purpose but to indulge a perversion. If the homosexuals should have rights to indulge in something that is unnatural, than why not the people who practice bea*******y? Why not the child ******ers? It is a very slippery slope we're stepping onto here. In other countries it's perfectly legal to have sex with a horse, or r*pe a child. Is that where we are headed in America? The standards continue to be stretched from the line of decency until the new standard is completely indecent. Removing all connotations of religion and personal prejudice, heterosexuality serves no purpose in nature. Homosexuality is against nature, serves only to satisfy a depraved mind, and for most of it's participants is an "acquired taste" But we live in a country where you are free to do what you want as long as you're not hurting anybody, and I don't begrudge freedom to anybody. They can do whatever they want in their own privacy. But the homosexual agenda is to shove this on us whether we want it or not. I for one don't want my kids being taught that this is OK, and just an "alternate lifestyle". I don't want to see commercials on TV of two men kissing over a romantic dinner date, or some such sickening thing. Don't fool yourselves because once it becomes mainstream there is no area it will not infiltrate.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are gay from birth. They are religious by parental influence typically. I'm not religious at all, but if God creates someone as gay, why would religion condemn it?

If God created people gay, then why did He destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is so afraid of not being politically correct these days that they're all afraid to call it what it is. I don't give a crap about political correctness, and homosexuality has no purpose but to indulge a perversion. If the homosexuals should have rights to indulge in something that is unnatural, than why not the people who practice bea*******y? Why not the child ******ers? It is a very slippery slope we're stepping onto here. In other countries it's perfectly legal to have sex with a horse, or r*pe a child. Is that where we are headed in America? The standards continue to be stretched from the line of decency until the new standard is completely indecent. Removing all connotations of religion and personal prejudice, heterosexuality serves no purpose in nature. Homosexuality is against nature, serves only to satisfy a depraved mind, and for most of it's participants is an "acquired taste" But we live in a country where you are free to do what you want as long as you're not hurting anybody, and I don't begrudge freedom to anybody. They can do whatever they want in their own privacy. But the homosexual agenda is to shove this on us whether we want it or not. I for one don't want my kids being taught that this is OK, and just an "alternate lifestyle". I don't want to see commercials on TV of two men kissing over a romantic dinner date, or some such sickening thing. Don't fool yourselves because once it becomes mainstream there is no area it will not infiltrate.

Well said Boss.

And I don't understand why they feel the need to flaunt their homosexuality for all to see? I don't need to be watching the Olympics with my kids and have to explain to them why Johnny Weir is dressed like a she-man because he feels the need to announce to the world that he is gay by the way he dresses.

And like Retro said: it's amazing how 3-6% of the population is taking over and continue to push their agenda on the rest of us, and if we don't like it, somehow we are the ones that are screwed up and not them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beliefs aside, I think he did the right thing which just turns out to be a good PR in the end.
(No pun intended! :laugh3:)

The core of what I am saying is based on my opinion that he did the right thing first and the PR stuff is simply inherent to the situation presented.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fool yourselves because once it becomes mainstream there is no area it will not infiltrate.
Its been mainstream for about 5 years now. Its already infiltrated movies, music and TV. I see openly gay people all of the time. This was happening with or without the media despite what the media tells you. When the AIDS virus hit, gay people were forced to come out. It has just been a relatively long process to get from the point to now. 30ish years. But everyone has a gay relative or friend thats out. It slowly changes people's mind.

Young people are far more worried that they aren't going to have social security, they aren't going to have retirement, they aren't going to have enough money to raise kids, they aren't going to have job security, they aren't going to be able to afford a house, etc, etc. Gay marriage just isn't important enough to go to war for. Its not a slippery slope to anything. An endlessly competitive economy/society is the slippery slope.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief......whatever happened to just playing the game?:scratch:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If God created people gay, then why did He destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

That's like asking; "If L. Frank Baum created the Wicked Witch of the West... why did he have her killed off by Dorothy?"

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like asking; "If L. Frank Baum created the Wicked Witch of the West... why did he have her killed off by Dorothy?"

Did you just compare a fictional writer to God?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh... all opinions on homosexuality aside, am I the only one who is just plain tired of this topic being a big deal in the media and constantly being pushed and talked about? Didn't the federal government just make up some bill that bypasses states' rights regarding marriage laws, forcing all states to permit and recognize gay marriage? What are we still talking about this for? It's over... both sides really need to just put it to bed at this point. It's a dead issue, and I for one of sick of hearing about it. As someone who is not Republican, Democrat, conservative, or liberal, I can safely say that currently, liberals are getting far more worked up about the whole gay rights/LGBT movement than conservatives. I get it, people are unique little flowers for being gay - because they're the only ones who were ever gay in the entire world, and the majority of people in Western society still unrightfully hold them down and treat them as less (sarcasm). Get over it already.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh... all opinions on homosexuality aside, am I the only one who is just plain tired of this topic being a big deal in the media and constantly being pushed and talked about? Didn't the federal government just make up some bill that bypasses states' rights regarding marriage laws, forcing all states to permit and recognize gay marriage? What are we still talking about this for? It's over... both sides really need to just put it to bed at this point. It's a dead issue, and I for one of sick of hearing about it. As someone who is not Republican, Democrat, conservative, or liberal, I can safely say that currently, liberals are getting far more worked up about the whole gay rights/LGBT movement than conservatives. I get it, people are unique little flowers for being gay - because they're the only ones who were ever gay in the entire world, and the majority of people in Western society still unrightfully hold them down and treat them as less (sarcasm). Get over it already.

We are still talking about it precisely because the NFL (and football in general) is run by good ole boys (and the fans largely follow in suit) and bigoted. If it wasn't an issue, the many gay NFL players already in the league would've come out of the closet already.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homosexuals don't start wars over their beliefs; Christians (and most every other religion) does.

Besides, nobody is criticizing people for being Christian. If anything, they're being criticized for using a centuries old book to defend their closed-minded views about equality.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homosexuals don't start wars over their beliefs; Christians (and most every other religion) does.

Besides, nobody is criticizing people for being Christian. If anything, they're being criticized for using a centuries old book to defend their closed-minded views about equality.

Without getting into a whole diatribe about the history of religion, which from reading your posts you obviously know little about Shopson, I will remind you that this country was founded on the basis of religion, and our founding fathers were God-fearing religious men. The centuries old book that you're referring to I assume is the Bible. It seems to me that the morals of the Bible were good enough for this nation to prosper under until just recently when the liberals and "new age thinkers" such as yourself started lowering the standards of our society. Tell me Shopson, if you don't get your morals and ethics form a "centuries old book" where exactly do you get them? From watching "Desperate Housewives"? From the ****ography you watch? From the smut on TV and in the movies and media that we call entertainment today? That seems to be a major problem today IMHO. The media dictates the morals of our society, and decides what is right and what is wrong. If Hollyweird embraces it, well it must be good, right? ---like for example the homosexual movement/agenda. Heaven help anyone today that criticizes homosexuality. You're then labeled a racist, bigot, prejudice, etc.

I think you need to put down the TV guide and read the book your criticizing and get to know it a little more before making any more silly comments that obviously show your ignorance.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still talking about it precisely because the NFL (and football in general) is run by good ole boys (and the fans largely follow in suit) and bigoted. If it wasn't an issue, the many gay NFL players already in the league would've come out of the closet already.

You do realize that since you don't agree with the NFL and what you call their 'bigotry', that makes you a bigot as well, right?