• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guy comes out of the closet and now he is a National Hero

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the liberal society we live in. Kids get in trouble for even bringing up religion in school, but still it's OK to talk about "alternative lifestyles" As I've heard somebody say, "God is going to have to apologize to Soddom and Gomorrah if He allows this to go much further.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the money and has nothing to do with being gay. Gay may be the reason he is getting a bunch of attention.....but no-where will his football card reference is pitching or catching statistics.

It's all about the money.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it has nothing to do with gay and all about the money than why didn't he just keep his mouth shut jonvi as in who cares?? No it is about both and I am with Zeke and Boss on this one.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the liberal society we live in. Kids get in trouble for even bringing up religion in school, but still it's OK to talk about "alternative lifestyles" As I've heard somebody say, "God is going to have to apologize to Soddom and Gomorrah if He allows this to go much further.

People are gay from birth. They are religious by parental influence typically. I'm not religious at all, but if God creates someone as gay, why would religion condemn it?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it has nothing to do with gay and all about the money than why didn't he just keep his mouth shut jonvi as in who cares?? No it is about both and I am with Zeke and Boss on this one.

C'mon now. He's the first active football player to go public. His actions will help any others to feel free and allow them to stop hiding.

If nobody cared either way, players would've come out a long time ago. Discrimination runs deeper in this sport than it does in public life.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can bring his boyfriend to the team dinner and that would bring.him out the closet. This whole gay agenda is just for attention in my opinion. Being gay is your choice and none of our business just play football and shut up. I'm going to host a you tube video and come out to the public as a strIght male. I want some endorsements too

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are gay from birth. They are religious by parental influence typically. I'm not religious at all, but if God creates someone as gay, why would religion condemn it?

That's a very dangerous and inaccurate statement you make Shopson. This is a sports forum so I won't go into all the reasons that your statement is so wrong, but suffice it to say, there are many many people, including doctors and psychiatrists that would soundly refute and trounce that statement with documented evidence. Best to let sleeping dogs lie. We already have enough volatility on this site from all the other subjects discussed.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all for publicity and it's quiet sad tbh. It's really none of our business and who you like/love/lust after is a personal choice that should be kept private. I don't go around telling people that I love it when my wife sticks her finger in my ars while she's giving me a blowie.........oops.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If his pix is going on football cards and it was about being gay, why are the card companies not putting out "Topps Gay 100" series.

The reason he is getting the attention is becuse he is the first college kid expected to go very high in the draft to admit he is gay....which could be a risk as there could be as much negative impact on his draft stock as positive. I don't see any advantage to be gained by this as far as his draft stock goes. I wouldn't want to be the first to test it. We are talking a shit load of money.

This attention of being first is why he is getting marketing deals. Not because he is gay, but becuase he is popular.

It's about the money.....It's always about the money. The card will sell and that is why it is about the money.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Michael Sam came out, I had no idea who he was. Now he is a household name. In 2011, a poll suggested that 64% of Americans watched NFL football. Therefore, the remaining 36% didn't care for it. With Sam coming out, the Michelle Obama's and such of the world, who would have otherwise never even had a clue this kid is a football player, now know who he is, and it is simply because he came out of the closet. This kid is making bank simply because of his sexual preference.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Boss. I have the advanced degrees and there is absolutely no evidence either from a neurophysiological point of view or neuropsychological point of view with validity and reliability to support the agenda that people are born gay.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi. Your second post proves my assertion. It is about being gay and the money it generates, not to mention the attention. You stated it wasn't about being gay. Sort of like athletes like Deion Sanders stating "its not about the money". Really? Play for free them dumbass (Deion Sanders).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Michael Sam came out, I had no idea who he was.
I'll just put it like this: Ive met the guy and he is my least favorite Mizzou player ever. I'm hoping that my experience was an anomaly from a small sample size but the odds of Sam screwing this whole celebrity thing up is very, very high.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've know a lot of guys in the program since I got to MU 2 1/2 years ago and found out Sam was gay about a month after I got here. The dude plays football, he's a good college pass rusher and his team mates really respect him. When he gets to the NFl either he will earn the respect of his team mates or he won't and thats what will determine his fate in the league.

Not to get into a debate of right or wrong but as far as the media goes this is why I don't often watch tv unless I'm watching sports(not sports coverage). Its politically correct to be pro gay marriage but not to be anti gay marriage. If you aren't pro gay marriage you are a coward according to some media types yet that name calling and labeling is exactly what they blame others of. Obviously this applies to many topics other than homosexuality but its a prime example of why the media is a terrible thing for our society. If we want to get into talks about the lack of free thought by individuals in the country I'm down but I'm gonna quit my rant now.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Clayton, he's always been a really nice guy in my encounters with him. He and I actually have many mutual friends so I may be biased but thats my experience.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Clayton, he's always been a really nice guy in my encounters with him. He and I actually have many mutual friends so I may be biased but thats my experience.
Like I said, I'm working with a small sample size. Most people can't be judged based on one encounter. I'll root for him but I am skeptical for a few reasons.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm skeptical too but thats based on his football abilities. He was the 4th best pass rusher on the team last year: Kony Ealy, Markus Golden, Shane Ray, Michael Sam.