• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guess we cant have too much good news in one night..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending if we chose to buy somebody out, combined with the guys coming off the books, the cap likely going up and us having some tradeable pieces, I think some big time moves can be made. I think if we sign a legit top 6 forward and trade for another we're pretty much set. If we traded for a guy like Evander Kane and signed say Ryan Callahan, bring back Jagr and we're in great shape.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o man thats a tough one.

kane for larrson. i mean have we really seen the best larrson can be yet? its a win now for us but the jets COULD really come out on top of this trade esp since d develops later.

thing i would hate to see is that trade happen and everyone instantly expects kane to come in and put up 30/30 that aint happening i think.

I have no hesitation to move Larson... I don't think he'll develop into a great player on either side but just a solid player.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander Kane and Ryan Callahan - don't put us into good shape. Ryan is a hard working but not scoring much. I'd say to bring in Ev. Kane and Kessler.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahahaha 10 shutout this season?

Skill level on this team says it all. If one play can sum up this shit team. It's 2nd period off the face off bernier finds himself all alone on the goalie. He wiffs on the deke and doesn't get the shot off lol what a bunch of no talent on this team. Shutout by Kari fucking romo? At home needingthe win for the playoffs.

Ryder at the end can't lift the puck. Ruutu at the end out of position when jagr wraps it. You have to be crashing the cage with 5 seconds left not standing 5 feet away hoping for a rebound.

Team has so little offensive talent. How larrson doesn't get a look over harrold I don't kmow. You can't bring up Boucher or mattuea you bring in sesito? Who is the leading scorer down there why isn't he up here?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunner needs to be fed to the zamboni... This guy blows more openings than a Vegas prostitute...

But yes.,. What someone of actual skill or talent to score can do on this team... But let's get ruutu smh...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha 10 shutout this season?

Skill level on this team says it all. If one play can sum up this shit team. It's 2nd period off the face off bernier finds himself all alone on the goalie. He wiffs on the deke and doesn't get the shot off lol what a bunch of no talent on this team. Shutout by Kari fucking romo? At home needingthe win for the playoffs.

Ryder at the end can't lift the puck. Ruutu at the end out of position when jagr wraps it. You have to be crashing the cage with 5 seconds left not standing 5 feet away hoping for a rebound.

Team has so little offensive talent. How larrson doesn't get a look over harrold I don't kmow. You can't bring up Boucher or mattuea you bring in sesito? Who is the leading scorer down there why isn't he up here?
Lol good fucking point.... Although I don't mind sesito as a player we need someone more offensive...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander Kane and Ryan Callahan - don't put us into good shape. Ryan is a hard working but not scoring much. I'd say to bring in Ev. Kane and Kessler.

Callahan may not be the answer, he's just a player I like. Do we really have the resources to acquire Kane and Kesler? We'd have to go free agent and trade if we want to land 2 significant players in my opinion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we started the offseason talk at the right time huh.

Well last night game doesnt shock me at all. You could see it from the first 5 mins that it was gonna be a struggle but I figured we would atleast be able to squeak out a 2-1 win.

Pretty typical though..back to back huge wins then only to lose to the Flames at home with pretty much the season on the line? Give me a break!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw Ramo in net. Didn't know much about him and he shuts the Devils out. Figures.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow our entire fourth line are fas

I'm assuming we will but do you bring them all back? As long as each is under $1 million per I wouldn't mind it but at the same time I'd love to get Matteau in the lineup everyday.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm assuming we will but do you bring them all back? As long as each is under $1 million per I wouldn't mind it but at the same time I'd love to get Matteau in the lineup everyday.

I don't know if I would bring any of them back. Even though they're making minimum contracts, they still need to be able to produce somewhat... No way in hell JJ should ever be benched for one of those three.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bring them back... Cant shell out so much ash obviously but definitely will be in favor...

They may not be scorers n they now that, but they freaking hustle n bring it every game since the panthers series and often times than none they are our best line...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would bring any of them back. Even though they're making minimum contracts, they still need to be able to produce somewhat... No way in hell JJ should ever be benched for one of those three.
This is why they are the 4th line...or 3rd... But that line shouldn't be the first one to look at for scoring woes...

Lines 1-3 have more goal scorers/finishers than the 4th yet those three lines can't do their job.

The 4th line are doing their job n hardly have an overall bad game. The other lines need to man up or be upgraded

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I never understood why teams subject the 4th line to a throw away line. I would have the 4th line compiled of rookies from the minors. You say "we don't want to hurt their development playing 6mins a night" true but you can mix and match them if you need to get other lines going during the game instead of carter on the top line etc. You can also plug them in for powerplay time if they have the skills.

Also getting practice with the big club and even 10 mins a night has to be better then 17mins a night in Albany. Hell seeing how our forwards have turned out its worth a shot.

Heck if we had the rookies in for the 4th line yesterday I would've had Boucher and mattuea out there in the final minute instead of Ryder and ruutuu

Last edited by a moderator:

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to land 2 significant forwards - it is a must for next season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why teams subject the 4th line to a throw away line. I would have the 4th line compiled of rookies from the minors. You say "we don't want to hurt their development playing 6mins a night" true but you can mix and match them if you need to get other lines going during the game instead of carter on the top line etc. You can also plug them in for powerplay time if they have the skills.

Also getting practice with the big club and even 10 mins a night has to be better then 17mins a night in Albany. Hell seeing how our forwards have turned out its worth a shot.

Heck if we had the rookies in for the 4th line yesterday I would've had Boucher and mattuea out there in the final minute instead of Ryder and ruutuu
But Ryder n ruutu are 2st n 3rd liners per PDB... Brunner too...

Its those guys that need to be changed

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
brunner wow what a waste he was. 29 other teams knew he was a bust yet lou still inked him.

guy is playing in euro after this contract is up