• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guess we cant have too much good news in one night..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to say that we'd be however many points better if we added a Bobby Ryan type to the 1st line. But I think it would definitely give us a better chance to sneak into the 2nd or 3rd place in the division instead of fighting for a wild card spot. I mean were only 3 points out of that spot now and Philly has about 4 forwards that would be our best scorer.

And while I didnt like the price for Ruutu , mainly the draft pick , its guy like that that add to the depth of our team. IF we had that top line winger that could score 35 goals a move like Ruutu wouldnt be looked down on. Look at teams like Washington, Ottawa and Carolina. Dynamite 1st lines but minimal depth. That and their lack of D/goaltending has teams with very good offensive talent on par with the Devils.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we added Ryan this past season yeah we probably over take the flyers. But I don't think we beat the rangers with him. You need a 1-2 punch. We need players that can score on talent make something out of nothing. Not have to crash the net for garbage goals all the time. Ovies first goal Thursday night top shelf from the slot. Any devil gets that chance goes right into the goalies chest.

Heck the sens gave up a lot for Ryan and so far doesn't look like its panning out for them. So what's a legit star going to cost?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Henrique would thrive with a guy like Ryan..even Zajac would look better.

The cost though is the ultimate issue..do you give a guy like Vanek an insane deal to come here instead of Minny? In the end we will have to overpay for someone. Or do you trade Larsson or Gelinas to get a player on the outs with his current team? Evander Kane or Kesler come to mind as names that will be out there this summer.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we added Ryan this past season yeah we probably over take the flyers. But I don't think we beat the rangers with him. You need a 1-2 punch. We need players that can score on talent make something out of nothing. Not have to crash the net for garbage goals all the time. Ovies first goal Thursday night top shelf from the slot. Any devil gets that chance goes right into the goalies chest.

Heck the sens gave up a lot for Ryan and so far doesn't look like its panning out for them. So what's a legit star going to cost?

The rangers...really Unless the queen steals a round I don't see them beating anyone,,,unless its philly

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Henrique would thrive with a guy like Ryan..even Zajac would look better.

The cost though is the ultimate issue..do you give a guy like Vanek an insane deal to come here instead of Minny? In the end we will have to overpay for someone. Or do you trade Larsson or Gelinas to get a player on the outs with his current team? Evander Kane or Kesler come to mind as names that will be out there this summer.

I think Henrique is still growing, I see him as a 30 goal gut next year...but I do like the idea of putting a package together for a Kane

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its impossible to look at one team on that remaining schedule and say "that is going to be the team to screw us"..it could easily be the Flames on Monday.

I know there has been a lot of bashing on here this season. Some well deserved bashing too for sure. But for this team to be in the position they are now is an accomplishment even though an 8th seed (and most likely a whippin by the Bruins) wont impress anyone. Fact is we were left for dead after that Florida trip. And if we miss out on the playoffs by a point or two its going to be those games and the shootouts that we all point to. But for a team that doesnt have one single star on it. (Not counting Jagr and Brodeur as real stars these days) we are ahead of teams that have several superstars on their teams. It says something about the overall team mindset and makes me think if we land one above average scorer this offseason we'll be right back to where we were in 2012.

Land or develop but I agree.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the rangers love their current matchup in the flyers. And take them in 5. Tampa and Montreal are soft teams where lundqvist can steal a round. I think the rangers matchup well against Pitt too. This really could be the year a lot of people overlook the rangers and they can make a run because of it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah henrique monster season this year does make me feel better about that contract. Zajac picked up his play but put a ryan on his wing and his numbers would reflect his contract

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are no doubts about necessity of getting forward with above average scoring potentials.
Kane is not doing good now - I am going by his current stats, but he has a lot of potentials. The same about Kesler. These guys happen to be on teams which are not in good shape this season. But this off-season we have to redeem our losses of Kovy and Parise.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kesler is a center though isn't he?

kane is really streaky i want someone that is consistant with no peaks!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Better to overpay for a guy like Kane, or give the minutes to a guy like Boucher and see if he is the real deal?

I can see Kane coming here and having a similar season like Ryder.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't and I don't like Clowe's contract. Maybe it is good to have guy like him on the team but not for the money he is getting. He should have gotten <= 3.5 mil. Also, I've expected more from Ryder and to be honest less from Jagr, who pleasantly surprised me this season. At 42 yo, he is arguably best on the team. He is amazing with puck handling and I hope other players will learn a lot from him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I like about Kane is his value is at an alltime low right now..between his horrible season , his legal problems and I have a feeling the staff doesnt love him...kinda how Larsson is portrayed here.

Is there anyone that wouldnt trade Larsson for Kane? Cause I would in a second.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
o man thats a tough one.

kane for larrson. i mean have we really seen the best larrson can be yet? its a win now for us but the jets COULD really come out on top of this trade esp since d develops later.

thing i would hate to see is that trade happen and everyone instantly expects kane to come in and put up 30/30 that aint happening i think.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't and I don't like Clowe's contract. Maybe it is good to have guy like him on the team but not for the money he is getting. He should have gotten <= 3.5 mil. Also, I've expected more from Ryder and to be honest less from Jagr, who pleasantly surprised me this season. At 42 yo, he is arguably best on the team. He is amazing with puck handling and I hope other players will learn a lot from him.

Yes, same here. Definitely we all should be happy with Jagr. Ryder disappointed, and I didn't expect that type of season from him.
Another decent surprise was Zids. He is hated here, but I can't even imagine how much worse we would be offensively without him. He brings creativity and also plays well with his fellow Czechs on the team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thinking that Chicago might like the deal too for Larsson.
Kane signed for one more season after this one for 6.5 million. Most likely, Chicago will have no interest in anything long term.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its evander Kane from jets not the he other Kane fellas lol

But yes... Instant trade deal for Kane n larrson swap

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow, sorry, embarrassing. I was thinking Kane from Chicago.
He is having an ok year, and I know he has had a few off the ice issues.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id trade the entire team for Patrick Kane lol.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o man thats a tough one.

kane for larrson. i mean have we really seen the best larrson can be yet? its a win now for us but the jets COULD really come out on top of this trade esp since d develops later.

thing i would hate to see is that trade happen and everyone instantly expects kane to come in and put up 30/30 that aint happening i think.

I think Kane has 30 goal potential. And the good thing about that kinda trade would be it would fill a need for both teams. Sure Kane has produced more at this stage of his career but he has a couple more red flags against him then Larsson does. So even though the Devils would get the better player on paper they would still be taking a hell of a risk in bringing a kid like Kane in.