• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden Rumors, again.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So over the weekend I saw two different articles as to where "Chuckie" could end up coaching again for.
Texans, no shocker there, the owner came out and said they want "an experienced NFL coach". Ok but can he get his franchise QB in this years draft?

Then there is the one that really has my head scratching going on, the Oakland Raiders. Didn't the old man trade Gruden to the Buc's for a couple of picks?

If Gruden does decide to pass up the crap load of money ESPN is paying for MNF gig and of course his draft shows, then why not take a shot with a team that actually has the most pieces in place, and only needs one or two more drafts and to lay some serious direction down to the existing players left on the roster? The Detroit Lions...

Lets face it by far this is one team that does have a lot of talent, they are just left to act like fools at times costing themselves games, why not go into motown and give one of the biggest fanbase something serious to cheer about since Barry was carrying the ball for them???

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the old man is dead, though, and i keep hearing the raiders also. not sure if gruden is going to return or not, though.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes anywhere I think it is Dallas.

That is a job I believe he would leave his Kooshy ESPN job for.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's learned his lesson about working with an owner that has to run shit.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new mantra in Detroit is, "just win baby. " Gruden's on his way to Motown. :yahoo:

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could get a QB the Texans would be a solid choice. I don't think he'd go to Dallas unless Jerry promised the finally fire their shitty GM. Detroit would be good as well, and is much more promising than the Texans since they already have a QB, who with the right coaching could probably take it to the next level.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry's going to fire himself?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new mantra in Detroit is, "just win baby. " Gruden's on his way to Motown. :yahoo:

If I was a Lions fan I would be chanting that mantra day and night, and to be honest that franchise would be the one to take the shot with...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Drinking

the Gruden koolaid a little more now...but where?

DAL, if he wants personnel power, forget it. I don't see a fit there.
DET, probably can write his ticket there. Can he reel in the gunslinger?
HOU, not bad if he can get the QB spot solved quickly, but imo the SB window is closing fast

Maybe NYG...they could probably be turned around quickly.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gruden is calling guys in the media and leaking his own name.

He is a media creation and if not for inheriting a solid team he would never have won a Super Bowl. I would want his brother before him!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone even sold on Chucky as a good head coach? He won a Super Bowl with Dungys players and against a team that he knew every intricate detail about.

I'm not saying he isn't but I'm not sold that he is.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone even sold on Chucky as a good head coach? He won a Super Bowl with Dungys players and against a team that he knew every intricate detail about.

I hear that a lot about Tomlin...What does that say about Dungy?

I'm drinking the koolaid that he might be going back to coaching because he still seems to have the energy with all this time he puts into filmstudy, etc.

As a HC, I'm with you a sustainability standpoint, but I think he could come in a do a better job in DET...they have too much talent not to be a playoff team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The same can be said about the Raiders team he beat in the Super Bowl, that was his players....

I've always liked the guy, thought he walked away to early, I think the way he came up in the coaching ranks and who he was around made him the guy you'd want leading your team. It's no secret as to that he is a very good offensive mind, he understands the x's and o's part of the game, and he's not afraid to go after a good defense.....

Again you raised the question if anyone is sold on him, and I'm sure there a lot of people that aren't, it goes with every coach people have different opinions on these guys...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same can be said about the Raiders team he beat in the Super Bowl, that was his players....

I've always liked the guy, thought he walked away to early, I think the way he came up in the coaching ranks and who he was around made him the guy you'd want leading your team. It's no secret as to that he is a very good offensive mind, he understands the x's and o's part of the game, and he's not afraid to go after a good defense.....

Again you raised the question if anyone is sold on him, and I'm sure there a lot of people that aren't, it goes with every coach people have different opinions on these guys...

Thinks about another thing: Name all the QB's he went through during his tenure at TB. None of them were anywhere close to starting quality QB's. Johnson was the closest thing, and he was merely serviceable.

We shall see. I'm interested to see what he does.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinks about another thing: Name all the QB's he went through during his tenure at TB. None of them were anywhere close to starting quality QB's. Johnson was the closest thing, and he was merely serviceable.

We shall see. I'm interested to see what he does.

Oh your point is valid man, same can be said about Dilfer and the Ravens.
Again he also had Rich Gannon in Oakland, both players were pretty much destined for the heap pile of NFL QB's, (not saying they were gonna be HOF's) but he did take what was given to him and he did win...

It can be debated over and over, lot of folks are gong to be across the board on this....