• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden replacement watch

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is a start

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why I think we should take a shot with O’Connell

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask this with all sincerity. What has o’conell done to warrant HC consideration? I’m really looking for specifics, not that he comes from the same system as McVay, etc.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask this with all sincerity. What has o’conell done to warrant HC consideration? I’m really looking for specifics, not that he comes from the same system as McVay, etc.

For what it’s worth Cooley claims O’Connell to be the next McVay

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what did mcvay and lefleur do ? same as o'connell

so far he has made the best of our offense with a pedestrian keenum and unproven wrs quinn , Tmac , and harmon are playing very well

his job with the 4 qb fiasco is also a feather in his cap

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did mcvay and lefleur do ? same as o'connell

so far he has made the best of our offense with a pedestrian keenum and unproven wrs quinn , Tmac , and harmon are playing very well

his job with the 4 qb fiasco is also a feather in his cap
Its been 2 games. Can't really judge what he is doing with the offense or not, can you? Also, he doesn't even call the plays. What exactly did he do with the 4 QB thing? There was no success there other then finding a halfway able body to take a snap every game on a very limited offensive scheme.

As for LeFluer, lets wait and see before we anoint him the next McVay. Granted, LeFluer has gone through the paces and worked his way up, so I would be less worried about him than O'connell.

McVay himself is an anomaly. A true wunderkid in the NFL. So far. It is a shame that we couldn't hang onto him.

It just worries me when I see folks want so bad the existing coaches replaced that they are willing to take the first thing that is available. I have the same concerns with tomlusa being touted as our next DC. If we are going to replace Gruden, lets take our time and try and get it right. The smart thing to do is to let Gruden coach out the season. Fire him in the offseason and use that time to see who is available.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been 2 games. Can't really judge what he is doing with the offense or not, can you? Also, he doesn't even call the plays. What exactly did he do with the 4 QB thing? There was no success there other then finding a halfway able body to take a snap every game on a very limited offensive scheme.

As for LeFluer, lets wait and see before we anoint him the next McVay. Granted, LeFluer has gone through the paces and worked his way up, so I would be less worried about him than O'connell.

McVay himself is an anomaly. A true wunderkid in the NFL. So far. It is a shame that we couldn't hang onto him.

It just worries me when I see folks want so bad the existing coaches replaced that they are willing to take the first thing that is available. I have the same concerns with tomlusa being touted as our next DC. If we are going to replace Gruden, lets take our time and try and get it right. The smart thing to do is to let Gruden coach out the season. Fire him in the offseason and use that time to see who is available.

o'connell was in fact credited with the 4 qb thing . specifically getting them ready to play on short notice and kept us alive until the last week of the year

for 2 games the offense has played better then expected with the talent that was at best unproven

now i wont fall on my sword if we dont hire o'connell but mcvay didnt call plays either nor lafluer

i am saying that if you take the young o'connell the transition could be smoother

new HC outside the organization means new plan , new players and about 3 more year of this

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The previous coordinators did shit in WA because Gruden is power happy with his offense. It seems he has given O'Connell more lead way than he did with McVay. Bright football minds are just that so just as McVay and LaFluer did, O'Connell will also. While I like O'Connell, my choice at the moment and where are team is at, I'm poaching McDaniels from the Pats to be my HC. I like the offense, I like the culture he will bring, I like his experience of having been a head coach (didn't fair well) but his last 10 years or so with BB has ensured me McDaniels is the way to go here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The previous coordinators did shit in WA because Gruden is power happy with his offense. It seems he has given O'Connell more lead way than he did with McVay. Bright football minds are just that so just as McVay and LaFluer did, O'Connell will also. While I like O'Connell, my choice at the moment and where are team is at, I'm poaching McDaniels from the Pats to be my HC. I like the offense, I like the culture he will bring, I like his experience of having been a head coach (didn't fair well) but his last 10 years or so with BB has ensured me McDaniels is the way to go here.
Well that’s a name but didn’t he fail at Denver ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o'connell was in fact credited with the 4 qb thing . specifically getting them ready to play on short notice and kept us alive until the last week of the year

for 2 games the offense has played better then expected with the talent that was at best unproven

now i wont fall on my sword if we dont hire o'connell but mcvay didnt call plays either nor lafluer

i am saying that if you take the young o'connell the transition could be smoother

new HC outside the organization means new plan , new players and about 3 more year of this
I'm not disputing anything that you are claiming he did. But I still gotta ask......are those even couple of things qualification for being a HC? I'd really like to see someone who has more than 2 games under their belt as an OC. And honestly, Gruden is still the OC. All he focuses on is the offense. Which will be his undoing.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a name for you. Urban Meyer.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disputing anything that you are claiming he did. But I still gotta ask......are those even couple of things qualification for being a HC? I'd really like to see someone who has more than 2 games under their belt as an OC. And honestly, Gruden is still the OC. All he focuses on is the offense. Which will be his undoing.
Again he is In the same place as mcvay and lefluer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McDaniel, Meyer will bring the same culture as everyone else …. the one Dan allows. ONE coach brought his own culture …. Marty and we all know how that ended.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to go the collage route for next coach .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniel, Meyer will bring the same culture as everyone else …. the one Dan allows. ONE coach brought his own culture …. Marty and we all know how that ended.
Danny cleans house to include Bruce and steps out of the way as how I see this playing out. With our young core, McDaniels and his culture will have us winning football games on the regular in 2 years. It's the only way it will work.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s a name but didn’t he fail at Denver ?
Yes, I mentioned that. I like the winning culture (process) he has learned the past decade from BB.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is a start

Eric Bienemy would be good. I also think Kellen Moore will be excellent as well. They would have to bring in a strong defensive coordinator to make it work.