• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panther watch

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the haul that the Bears got trading their 2023 draft pick. With this QB class, if they dangled the 2024 pick, it stands to reason that the Bears could get starting players as well as picks.
Naturally we'll have to see how the rest of this season plays out, but assuming the Bears end up with the #1 or even #2 pick, Poles will have a number of options as to how he'll proceed in the draft. And the most important option that gets the ball rolling will be how he handles free agency.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the haul that the Bears got trading their 2023 draft pick. With this QB class, if they dangled the 2024 pick, it stands to reason that the Bears could get starting players as well as picks.

You know, you just never know who might actually become available. I live in Broncos country and I didn't hear much rumblings about the Cutler trade here until just before it happened. Who that is or which team decides this isn't going to work out can sometimes just come from out of the blue. Obviously Mahommes isn't going anywhere, but who knows with guys like Allen, Herbert....who knows???

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how it all goes down, but besides a QB, I'd like to see the Bears improve the O-line - either by draft or FA.

The success rate of 1st-round WR is 50/50, but recent playoff history is not good for teams that used an early pick on a WR.

That a little older article......and theres some great names on there and no doubt busts,but you find that at every position......
And every player is their own skill.....Im guessing CJ Stroud is gonns be horrible cause all Ohio State qbs have been busts.....
Or Drake nay is gonna be another Trubisky.
In the draft,you draft chances,and its not an always for sure thing......

I watch a ton of these nfl talk shows,and theyre always talking MHJ as the next wr'ing God.....
I heard Jimmy Johnson ladt weekend say he maybe the best wr to ever come out in the draft,and a few more have said the best player in this up and coming draft........I dunno,but I like hearing that type of stuff from ex-nfl coach/es.......not posters from a forum.

Do we really need him,not really,but what he could vs our opponents backfield should give them fits.....especially with DJ too.

Right now,Ive been between CW and MHJ as our no.1.......its almost a no brainer for CW as for the reason I said in an upper post........Poles misses out on Williams and keeps Fields and he bombs next season,his job is gone and it will stay on his record forever.......atleast with a new qb,hes atleast 2 years for his personal pick on qb to showcase why he drafted him.....

Its still too early for this draft talk,and my mind could change again.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man...Little bits keep poking out of the media about how everybody wants to keep Justin and everything else status quo for next year. I don't want to believe it, but I'm starting to have my doubts. How much do you have to suck to initiate change?!?

Im unsure myself.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im unsure myself.....
I don't think anyone is sure....maybe even management as well. I keep hoping and hoping that Fields could string a bunch of games together where the brass says he's a keeper. But he's fast running out of the ability to string those games together. I would love to have the luxury of using these two high 1st round picks on non-QB positions, but right now I just don't know.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is sure....maybe even management as well. I keep hoping and hoping that Fields could string a bunch of games together where the brass says he's a keeper. But he's fast running out of the ability to string those games together. I would love to have the luxury of using these two high 1st round picks on non-QB positions, but right now I just don't know.

I really (as of now) believe we draft Williams......even if JF balls out,which would be great for a trade to get an extra pick or two.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Carolina. Well done.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Carolina. Well done.
This was a big one today. Can never figure which Saints team will be taking the field. Obviusly the one we wanted showed. And the Panthers certainly don't have a cake schedule the rest of the way:

vs Falcons
vs Packers (Go Pack Go)
@Jags
vs Bucs

They next get the Falcons, who suffered a deflating loss today at home. But those last three games will be especially tough. I'll be a huge Packer fan for once in my life when they play the Panthers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgusted Paris Hilton GIF

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after the dust has settled from the conclusion of Week 14 and as it currently stands, the Bears currently sit on the No. 1 pick from Carolina, and thanks to the Giants dub over the Pack, we're sitting at #5 with our record. However, I'm becoming more convinced by the week that we won't end up with the 5th pick. The way we're playing we might even slip out of the top 10 when it's all said and done. Probably not, but we do have somewhat of a favorable remaining schedule. Not wild about our chances against the Browns this week, but the last three are certainly winnable. I know you tankers don't want to hear that, but face it, our Bears don't suck as much as we thought, and they're definitely not as bad as they showed in those first four weeks.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after the dust has settled from the conclusion of Week 14 and as it currently stands, the Bears currently sit on the No. 1 pick from Carolina, and thanks to the Giants dub over the Pack, we're sitting at #5 with our record. However, I'm becoming more convinced by the week that we won't end up with the 5th pick. The way we're playing we might even slip out of the top 10 when it's all said and done. Probably not, but we do have somewhat of a favorable remaining schedule. Not wild about our chances against the Browns this week, but the last three are certainly winnable. I know you tankers don't want to hear that, but face it, our Bears don't suck as much as we thought, and they're definitely not as bad as they showed in those first four weeks.

2-3 more wins...probably 2. GB always has our number and we're about to get grounded by Cleveland.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 more wins...probably 2. GB always has our number and we're about to get grounded by Cleveland.
OTOH, it wouldn't surprised me if your predicted number turn out to be spot on. Then again, knowing our history, it also wouldn't shock me if we played every game tough, but came out on the losing end in all of them. BTW, if we do win those two more, it will leave us with a 7-10 record, which just so happens to be my preseason prediction on the Bears record.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina gets another win which closes the gap with NE.......NE has the stronger sos compared to Carolina........so event of a tiebreaker,Carolina has the easier sos.....

1.Bears via Carolina
2.NE
3.Ari
4.Washington
5.Bears

Upcoming games:
Carolina has GB-Jax-TB
NE has Den-Buffalo-NYJ
Ari has Chi-Phi-Seattle
Washington has NYJ-9ers-Dallas
Bears has Ari-Atl-GB

Carolina most likley loses all 3......
NE,same.....
Ari,same.....
washington,a possible 1 more win.....

Yes,still listing the Bears....altho I see a good 2-3 wins,you just dont know....till then.
KYler Murray is limping around from a groin injury yesterday and theres that possibility he may not play Sunday.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upcoming games:
Carolina has GB-Jax-TB
NE has Den-Buffalo-NYJ
Ari has Chi-Phi-Seattle
Washington has NYJ-9ers-Dallas
Bears has Ari-Atl-GB

Carolina most likley loses all 3......
A couple of weeks ago I had the Pack marked off as a definite win, especially with them in the thick of the playoff hunt. But the way they've played the last couple of weeks, I'm not so sure anymore. They're quickly fading from the postseason chase. I hope they regain their mojo, at least long enough to whup the Panthers.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of weeks ago I had the Pack marked off as a definite win, especially with them in the thick of the playoff hunt. But the way they've played the last couple of weeks, I'm not so sure anymore. They're quickly fading from the postseason chase. I hope they regain their mojo, at least long enough to whup the Panthers.

Actually looking Im quite certain if for some reason,Carolina wins and NE loses,Carolina has the tie breaker and still will have first pick in the draft by sos.....by a very slim margin,but its still Carolinas pick.

.517 to .519

So we still should be in good shape......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if washington wins again in 2023,it will be by pure luck.

Pretty much. You guys threw in the towel. "Rivera has lost the team" is an understatement. Total trainwreck. I'm sorry.