• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rivera watch thread

Justafan71

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard some commentators mention that the current owners are interested in Bellichick. Not sure how to take that. Not sure how he’d work out in DC. Especially if he’d want full control.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard some commentators mention that the current owners are interested in Bellichick. Not sure how to take that. Not sure how he’d work out in DC. Especially if he’d want full control.
Not happening

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have heard those rumors but have also heard he wants Washington to operate the was the Ravens FO and staff operate. Based on what we know about him from other teams he owns I think it will be more like the later.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I have stayed away from the word "bust" .... there may be (we should hope) players who were managed and coached so poorly what we saw was not as bad as we feared and better coaching will help them out.

I couldn't help but think about Wentz today. He played well. I don't think he is the answer but I don't think he is a bad as some have made out. I think he looked bad here because the organization sucked. Having said that Dan did his Dan thing and overpaid. Thank god Dan is gone and now thank god RR will be gone shortly.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some ummm final thoughts. When RR was hired I said he would not have been my hire but didn't think they could do any better.

Some have expressed upsentment for two or so years about all the responsibility he was given but Snyder was never going to hire anyone he could not bully.

I went back and found the thread when he was hired and most felt like I did that he was probably the best we could get. Clearly it was a disaster. I'll eat my share of crow for JDR. My initial thoughts were Ron coaching and working with Kyle Smith and retaining KOC could work to some extent. Sadly the Carolina parade began. They never had an answer at QB and they dismantled the OL. No clue why the defense was so up and down.

Long story shorter the fish stunk from the head down and the head of the fish was Snyder.

In a way I feel bad for RR because I believe he is a good man but he was in way over his head and especially with an owner like Dan.

Anyhow, new day dawns .... here is hoping for the team, players and fans we get real football people who can make real football decisions.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some ummm final thoughts. When RR was hired I said he would not have been my hire but didn't think they could do any better.

Some have expressed upsentment for two or so years about all the responsibility he was given but Snyder was never going to hire anyone he could not bully.

I went back and found the thread when he was hired and most felt like I did that he was probably the best we could get. Clearly it was a disaster. I'll eat my share of crow for JDR. My initial thoughts were Ron coaching and working with Kyle Smith and retaining KOC could work to some extent. Sadly the Carolina parade began. They never had an answer at QB and they dismantled the OL. No clue why the defense was so up and down.

Long story shorter the fish stunk from the head down and the head of the fish was Snyder.

In a way I feel bad for RR because I believe he is a good man but he was in way over his head and especially with an owner like Dan.

Anyhow, new day dawns .... here is hoping for the team, players and fans we get real football people who can make real football decisions.
My exact thoughts.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, he was who we thought he was.

It's been a tough time for me after 4 years. When Rivera was hired, I never thought he was the best we could do. He seemed to be the safest choice with experience. Seemed snyder was trying to make a splash. Clearly better candidates were out there.

When the news was leaked that he would have control over the roster, I knew immediately that it was mistake. It literally made no sense to have someone with zero front office lead an NFL front office. The more you think about it, the more absurd the idea actually is.

The situation became more complicated when he began surrounding himself with the same people who helped get him fired in Carolina. Keeping Kyle Smith for season 1 was a good step. Season 2 is when the full x Carolina regime was installed. This was a major red flag and should have been to everyone.

After seeing the disastrous free ageny period in season 1, I was so frustrated that I left the board in March. We all knew chase Young would be the pick and I knew it was a mistake from a strategic and personnel standpoint. After arguing non stop about these points, I decided to leave. It was difficult arguing non stop with posters who were refusing to see the truth. I think Rivera represented hope and that is what fans wanted to see.

We all know what happened over the next 3 years. Each decision Rivera made was more absurd than the last. The coaching staff decisions were strange, the free agent acquisitions made no sense, and the drafts were confusing. Rivera did an awful job in this area....it was the worse drafting I saw under snyder.

Perhaps the worse part was the division Rivera caused in the fanbase and this board. Rivera duped many intelligent fans and was quite effective in generating false hope each year. I argued with fans up until a few months ago about Rivera. Something so obvious to me was viewed differently by others. One thing that i have learned as a fan is that you must balance logic and emotion. If you exclude one, you will be frustrated repeatedly. I think that many fans became so desperate that they believed in anything. That was my main observation about the fanbase during the Rivera tenure. I never understood it, but it was what it was.

It is good to be moving on. It is a great day for me as I have waiting 4 long years.
I never needed to "wait and see". Clearly many others, some here, had this same experience. I grew tired of wanting the team to lose so we could dismiss rivera. It had to happen so we could move on. A winning season this year would have extended riveras fradulent regime and would have done more damage. As stated many times, I wanted bezos, but I am excited for harris and looking forward to next steps. I hope we never see the division on the board that we saw under Rivera again.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they hire him,i would be a snydersque move backwards

dmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need young blood to take the reins. We have all witnessed the likes of McVay, Shannahan, Lefleur, McDaniels, and Oconnel leave Washington. We sure in heck dont need another geriatric leading this team!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see division on the board because of RR. Most were not happy. If a couple supported him they have right to their thoughts.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a young fresh face in this role
Enough of the re treads

Do this right

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck on the search guys I wish y’all luck finding a solid team in the GM & HC
One caveat stay away from Quinn and McClay

:suds:
Quinn is on the short list