• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grossmann signs extension

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to sign Voracek long term as well as Kubina. These two guys clog the middle to prevent opposing players to camp out in front of net. I think we can resign Jagr for cheap. At this point in his career it's not so much about money for him, he wants to win and he's said he would like to remain a Flyer. Just not sure how the cap will work to keep these guys. Awaz where the fuck are you?

i didnt have work today.. sheesh. haha

barring something crazy (ie getting swept by the pens), i dont see much roster turnover this offseason

Betts and Lappy will for sure not get new contracts.. i expect both will retire, they're both too wounded to play anyway.. grossmann just got resigned (3.5 4years) which i LOVE, that's a solid number for a solid player.. voracek will get resigned.. i assume he'll get about 4 as an RFA.. i'm good with that, especially cause i dont think jagr will be back.. i dont think kubina will be back, barring a heck of a playoff run.. but a heck of a playoff run might lead to him retiring (he's 37).. sestito.. i dont think it matters much either way.. he'll get 800k tops

i also dont think couturier is going to rot on the 4th line.. i thought that way at the beginning of the season, but recently he's been our #2 forward in ice time.. he played 18 minutes last weekend against the pens.. i'm really not concerned with his playing time

i think jvr gets another opportunity at the top line going in to next year with G and hartnell.. basically 'replacing' jagr.. rest of the forward corp stays the same i think..

goalies stay the same obviously..

defense you're looking at timo, coburn, grossmann, lilja, and meszaors signed..

you're looking at about 4 mil in cap space if the cap doesn't change.. IMO the grossmann signing spells the end of matt carle.. i'm sure the flyers will be interested in suter, but i dont think they'll have the money for it.. the only way i see a big name coming in is if it's via trade, and i think the best trade chip the flyers have going in to next year is bob.. but i dont think they'll do it.. i think they'll stand pat, have bourdon or gustaffson play in the 5/6 hole with lilja and carry some cap space in to next year

or, you could of course use the extra cash to sign jagr if he wants to suit up again next season.. space works if jagr takes around 3

whould be interesting to see what happens with the cap and the CBA going in to next year though, there are rumors of the cap going down which would suck

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this resigning homer is def gm of the year wow! I'm sure shelleys gone sestito in if jagr goes Carle may stay. Too many question marks to predict right now. All I know is that it will be Flyers in six.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't resign Jagr for any price. I'd play Wellwood over him 10 times out of 10.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't resign Jagr for any price. I'd play Wellwood over him 10 times out of 10.

If he wants the league minimum I'd resign him in a heartbeat. 3 million though, I dunno. I'm kind of getting annoyed by him because he tries to dangle too much. You know, how at least three times per game he attempts to dance through three guys either at the blue line which is an odd man rush the other way or in the offensive zone which results in a turnover. Don't get me wrong, he's a good hockey player, and his pass and his shot are still fine, but he thinks he's still 25 year old Jagr, when he's actually 40 year old Jagr.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're looking at about 4 mil in cap space if the cap doesn't change.. IMO the grossmann signing spells the end of matt carle.. i'm sure the flyers will be interested in suter, but i dont think they'll have the money for it.. the only way i see a big name coming in is if it's via trade, and i think the best trade chip the flyers have going in to next year is bob.. but i dont think they'll do it.. i think they'll stand pat, have bourdon or gustaffson play in the 5/6 hole with lilja and carry some cap space in to next year

I was reading this about Suter, and looks like he's going to be in demand, and expensive. Weber even moreso.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You must be on crack, man. Wellgood is young and good, but having Jagr has been great for the team...especially Giroux. I would love to re-sign him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be on crack, man. Wellgood is young and good, but having Jagr has been great for the team...especially Giroux. I would love to re-sign him.

i'd resign him at low cost.. he's been great for the locker room, teaching kids and such, but i think that 3 mil can be used in better places then another top 6 forward (giving us like 12)

JMO

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been injured too much and seems as if he has run out of gas at this point.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the pairing of Grossman and Coburn!! They will wreck people.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the pairing of Grossman and Coburn!! They will wreck people.

It's a true story. They will be a dominant defensive pairing when 100% healthy and running on all cylinders. They are both big, strong 27 year olds that are signed for four more seasons. Grossmann can block shots with the best of them, both guys can hit and Coburn can bring some offense/defense or plenty of speed for a big man.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a true story. They will be a dominant defensive pairing when 100% healthy and running on all cylinders. They are both big, strong 27 year olds that are signed for four more seasons. Grossmann can block shots with the best of them, both guys can hit and Coburn can bring some offense/defense or plenty of speed for a big man.

Coburn is one of my favorite players. I don't think he gets enough credit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coburn is one of my favorite players. I don't think he gets enough credit.

I think we'd all agree that he's extremely effective when he stays physical while utilizing his size and speed. Grossmann and especially Meszaros drop the hammer a little more often. They can teach him up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'd all agree that he's extremely effective when he stays physical while utilizing his size and speed. Grossmann and especially Meszaros drop the hammer a little more often. They can teach him up.

Coburn has looked rejuvenated these last few weeks jumping into the play makes him much better than early on.

agree with these.. i love coburn; when he hits. and since grossmann's arrival he's been an ornary fella, and i like it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easy to see we missed Grossy during the time he was out kubina cant hold his jock strap.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pronger will be sorely missed in the playoffs. I freaking wish he and Mez were healthy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pronger will be sorely missed in the playoffs. I freaking wish he and Mez were healthy.

Well, the Pronger and Meszaros losses are huge, but acquiring Grossmann and Kubina has gone a long way toward filling those voids.

I'm assuming we're dressing the following for tomorrow night:

Timonen
Carle
Coburn
Grossmann
Kubina
Lilja

There's an awful lot of experience in that defense. It seems to me like Meszaros could potentially be ready by the end of this series if it goes 6 or 7 games, although you might hesitate to throw him into a game 7 right away. Regardless, it's more incentive to win this series. We'd get to start him over Lilja or Bourdon in round 2. With all do respect, that's a huge upgrade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Pronger and Meszaros losses are huge, but acquiring Grossmann and Kubina has gone a long way toward filling those voids.

I'm assuming we're dressing the following for tomorrow night:

Timonen
Carle
Coburn
Grossmann
Kubina
Lilja

There's an awful lot of experience in that defense. It seems to me like Meszaros could potentially be ready by the end of this series if it goes 6 or 7 games, although you might hesitate to throw him into a game 7 right away. Regardless, it's more incentive to win this series. We'd get to start him over Lilja or Bourdon in round 2. With all do respect, that's a huge upgrade.

actually looks like bourdon will be out there instead of kubina.. at least for tomorrow.. we'll see how they handle it

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually looks like bourdon will be out there instead of kubina.. at least for tomorrow.. we'll see how they handle it

That's a slight mystery, but odds are Kubina isn't 100% and you'd take Bourdon at 100% over Kubina at 70%.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a slight mystery, but odds are Kubina isn't 100% and you'd take Bourdon at 100% over Kubina at 70%.

ya, i think that's the logic.. kubina hasn't been all that solid since his injury.. perhaps he came back early to try to mitigate the loss of grossmann, now he can finish healing