• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronkowski = brittle bitch

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it perfectly. It's you that isn't understanding. Gronk's loss is not as impactful as you want it to be.

Funny how you only pick those three games, and fail to mention that Brady's was a massive factor in those games.

Cherry picker!

Somehow you keep missing the fact that I have actually taken 4 games not 3 and have talked about the games since the injury where your boy BRADY actually played and yet the offense struggled without Gronk in the lineup. You can call me a cherry picker all you want but if you want to ignore what has happened to the Pats since he was hurt in that Seattle game then go right ahead. Everything is going to be just fine and live in that bubble.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why have they averaged 9 points less per game since Gronk got hurt in the Seattle game? Hmmmmm

Using your logic, Hogan was out those games too, so clearly his loss was a massive impact on the team.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow you keep missing the fact that I have actually taken 4 games not 3 and have talked about the games since the injury where your boy BRADY actually played and yet the offense struggled without Gronk in the lineup. You can call me a cherry picker all you want but if you want to ignore what has happened to the Pats since he was hurt in that Seattle game then go right ahead. Everything is going to be just fine and live in that bubble.

It's because you are a cherry picker, and you didn't watch the games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because you are a cherry picker, and you didn't watch the games.

Hmmm assume much? Watched plenty of games. Have to for my job actually. Just spent a big chunk of today actually watching every single Jaguars game so I can write a couple of articles this evening on the match up with the Broncos. I have watched most of the Patriots games. Didn't really watch the first 4 games of the season as figured not really worth it considering that wouldn't be the team the Broncos would be playing here in just a few weeks.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree- I think your view on this is skewed since the Pats have enjoyed Brady for the past decade and a half now. Bledsoe before that just for giggles. Could name several safeties that are plenty capable of covering Bennett in the playoffs. There are zero even with double or even triple brackets for Gronk.

Which teams are there that have the defense to stop them? And keep in mind it will likely be in New England since they will likely get the 1 seed, 2 seed at the worst.

The AFC isn't that great this year in the defensive area.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams are there that have the defense to stop them? And keep in mind it will likely be in New England since they will likely get the 1 seed, 2 seed at the worst.

The AFC isn't that great this year in the defensive area.

Well Baltimore, Kansas City, Denver, and Pittsburgh are all top-10 scoring defenses this year. Right now just looking at passing wise since that is where Gronk's impact will be felt the most Broncos, Dolphins, and Chiefs are all top-10 passing defenses in the NFL this year. Baltimore is 11th. So you can say there are no good defenses in the AFC but that just isn't true. Maybe not historical by any means but they have been plenty good. Just knowing the Broncos the best they have had QB's like Brees, Rivers, Luck, Winston, and Newton have some of their worst games of the season when they played the Broncos.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm assume much? Watched plenty of games. Have to for my job actually. Just spent a big chunk of today actually watching every single Jaguars game so I can write a couple of articles this evening on the match up with the Broncos. I have watched most of the Patriots games. Didn't really watch the first 4 games of the season as figured not really worth it considering that wouldn't be the team the Broncos would be playing here in just a few weeks.

Gronk's loss hurts, but it's impact is diminished compared to previous years.

Hogan is back,
Lewis is back,
Bennett is a TE1, which they didn't have in previous years,
Oline is improved many fold since Scar returned, which can be seen with the improvement of the running game
etc
etc.

The drop off won't be as much as you think.

And you are cherry picking, there have only been 2 games since Gronk went out, and Brady is starting.

@ San Fran W30-17
@Jets W22-17

You are living in the past making this opinion.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Baltimore, Kansas City, Denver, and Pittsburgh are all top-10 scoring defenses this year. Right now just looking at passing wise since that is where Gronk's impact will be felt the most Broncos, Dolphins, and Chiefs are all top-10 passing defenses in the NFL this year. Baltimore is 11th. So you can say there are no good defenses in the AFC but that just isn't true. Maybe not historical by any means but they have been plenty good. Just knowing the Broncos the best they have had QB's like Brees, Rivers, Luck, Winston, and Newton have some of their worst games of the season when they played the Broncos.

There are a bunch of mediocre defenses that happen to be better than the dumpster fire remaining defenses.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

The only stat that matters is points.

And as of right now here are the top half of defenses in the NFL.

upload_2016-12-1_18-26-41.png

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk's loss hurts, but it's impact is diminished compared to previous years.

Hogan is back,
Lewis is back,
Bennett is a TE1, which they didn't have in previous years,
Oline is improved many fold since Scar returned, which can be seen with the improvement of the running game
etc
etc.

The drop off won't be as much as you think.

And you are cherry picking, there have only been 2 games since Gronk went out, and Brady is starting.

@ San Fran W30-17
@Jets W22-17

You are living in the past making this opinion.

I'm including the Seahawks game as the injury happened in the 1st quarter. After the injury it was obvious he was nowhere near the same player. So most of that game was without a healthy Gronk. So that is 3 games worth where pretty much Gronk has been hurt and the Patriots offense has struggled some. They are still a decent/good offense but again we are talking the 4 games before that Seattle game when Gronk finally looked healthy averaging 34 points per game. That is top offense in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

The only stat that matters is points.

And as of right now here are the top half of defenses in the NFL.

View attachment 151975

The Patriots have also played or are about to play only 2 offenses in the top half of the league in points scored. How about this we just wait for more data to become available (more games played) and see how this works out for the Patriots. We obviously are not going to see eye to eye on this.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm including the Seahawks game as the injury happened in the 1st quarter. After the injury it was obvious he was nowhere near the same player. So most of that game was without a healthy Gronk. So that is 3 games worth where pretty much Gronk has been hurt and the Patriots offense has struggled some. They are still a decent/good offense but again we are talking the 4 games before that Seattle game when Gronk finally looked healthy averaging 34 points per game. That is top offense in the NFL.

The put up 24 on Seattle, and were inches from making it 31.

Your argument holds no water.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have also played or are about to play only 2 offenses in the top half of the league in points scored. How about this we just wait for more data to become available (more games played) and see how this works out for the Patriots. We obviously are not going to see eye to eye on this.

Pretty much what I have already said.

Do you see any reason they won't drop 30+ on LA this Sunday?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The put up 24 on Seattle, and were inches from making it 31.

Your argument holds no water.

Like I said lets just see how this plays out. Obviously more information is needed to make any kind of conclusions.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what I have already said.

Do you see any reason they won't drop 30+ on LA this Sunday?

Plenty...When Brady has struggled it has been teams with good DL/LB's that can put pressure on him. Especially when teams can get that inside pressure which is a strength of the Rams. That is where Gronk has been a go to guy where Brady knows he can throw it to Gronk even double covered and trust he will come down with the ball.

There has maybe not been a team more up and down this year than that of the Rams especially on the defensive side of the ball. They have held some decent offenses in check yet then allowed terrible offenses to run up the score. So they become a bit of a wildcard of which group shows up. I have no doubt that the Pats win this game but it wouldn't surprise me if it is a 21-17 type game. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Pats put up 35-45 points in this one. That has been how the Rams have been this year. Give up 28 to a team like the 49ers then only 3 to a team like Seattle. Give up 31 to the Lions then only 13 the very next week to a still good scoring Panthers team.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said lets just see how this plays out. Obviously more information is needed to make any kind of conclusions.

Assuming no other key injuries it's going to turn out the same. They'll drop large points on a teams like the Rams(H) & the Jets(H), tight game @ Denver, will likely roll the Ravens for large points at home, and no idea on the @ Miami game because that one may or may not even matter at that point.

So you will have some big score games, and low score games. Won't show you anything as far as Gronk goes, except making the argument they would have won by 38 instead of 31 against a given team, and he won't be the difference win or lose in Denver.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty...When Brady has struggled it has been teams with good DL/LB's that can put pressure on him. Especially when teams can get that inside pressure which is a strength of the Rams. That is where Gronk has been a go to guy where Brady knows he can throw it to Gronk even double covered and trust he will come down with the ball.

There has maybe not been a team more up and down this year than that of the Rams especially on the defensive side of the ball. They have held some decent offenses in check yet then allowed terrible offenses to run up the score. So they become a bit of a wildcard of which group shows up. I have no doubt that the Pats win this game but it wouldn't surprise me if it is a 21-17 type game. It also wouldn't surprise me to see the Pats put up 35-45 points in this one. That has been how the Rams have been this year. Give up 28 to a team like the 49ers then only 3 to a team like Seattle. Give up 31 to the Lions then only 13 the very next week to a still good scoring Panthers team.

Actually Edleman carries more of that roll, Gronk is typically in protection, or chipping, in that situation.

Didn't bother to read further after you got that completely wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming no other key injuries it's going to turn out the same. They'll drop large points on a teams like the Rams(H) & the Jets(H), tight game @ Denver, will likely roll the Ravens for large points at home, and no idea on the @ Miami game because that one may or may not even matter at that point.

So you will have some big score games, and low score games. Won't show you anything as far as Gronk goes, except making the argument they would have won by 38 instead of 31 against a given team, and he won't be the difference win or lose in Denver.

If you say so. Again just have to let this play out...More than anything though because they do have a pretty easy remaining schedule it is what happens in the playoffs? If they lose a close one in the playoffs one will always have to wonder how much of an impact Gronk could have made on the final results. I mean I look at last year against the Broncos in the playoffs. Gronk was really the only offensive weapon that gave the Broncos problems. He had almost half of the offensive production all by himself in that game. The Broncos had no answer for him even when trying to double cover him. Now not having to worry about that player that means they can devote other players to helping in other areas. I mean Bennett is good but he doesn't demand a double team every single play. You also wonder the impact in the run game with the next TE having to step in? Now you are looking at players that teams can key off of if they go to that 2-TE set depending who they bring in are they more of a blocker or receiving type TE? Teams key off that to know the type of play that is coming or they at least know if they are a blocker they don't have to worry about them much as a receiving threat so can devote very little to defending that player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Edleman carries more of that roll, Gronk is typically in protection, or chipping, in that situation.

Didn't bother to read further after you got that completely wrong.

I stopped reading after the word "Actually" as I knew what followed made little sense.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brittle bitch

6'6" 250 and can't take a hit

6'0" 180 Allen Iverson is 5x as tough as that bitch