• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronkowski = brittle bitch

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo hoo...the Patriots might not get home field advantage...deal with it.....Green Bay did it...suck it up

Who says they won't get homefield advantage? New England is currently the #1 seed, and have a much easier schedule to finish the season than Oakland does.

New England,

upload_2016-12-1_17-34-12.png

Oakland

upload_2016-12-1_17-34-41.png

As of today,

upload_2016-12-1_17-31-21.png

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they going to keep performing when teams no longer have to protect against a Gronk? Frees up quite a bit of my defense if I don't have to worry about Gronk crushing the middle.

You realize they are loaded with weapons, right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ummmm, no.

This year Gronk has 25 catches for 540 yards and 3 tds.

You should probably do a bit of research before commenting.

I've done plenty. Let's just look at playoff games

With Gronk they are 7-3 since 2010. They average 30 points a game and 300 yards of offense. They also score a touchdown on 70% of all red zone trips.

Without him they are 1-2, average 24 points a game, 250 yards of offense, and only score on 62% of all red zone trips. Decent stats but we are talking an entire touchdown of difference here.

Tom Brady in the playoffs with Gronk has a completion percentage of 64.6%, 305 passing yards per game, 26/11 touchdown/interception ratio, and a 95.1 QB Rating. Without Gronk his completion percentage is 56.4%, only 265 yards per game, 2/2 touchdown/interception ratio, and a QB Rating of 76.

Hmmm yeah Gronk makes very little difference to the success of this team (this is sarcasm).

Gronk has missed 18 games in the past 7 years yet still leads the NFL in touchdowns during that time span. Whether you want to admit it or not is up to you but he is a huge loss for the Patriots. Doesn't mean their Super Bowl hopes are gone by any means as they still have plenty of weapons but this is a big blow that could cost them a Super Bowl.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize they are loaded with weapons, right?

You realize Gronk is a unique weapon though that teams have to double him up just to even try and stop him. There is no weapon in the NFL like him. Players have said this over and over throughout the last few years. Throw in he is great in run blocking so again another blow to not just the passing game but the run game.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done plenty. Let's just look at playoff games

With Gronk they are 7-3 since 2010. They average 30 points a game and 300 yards of offense. They also score a touchdown on 70% of all red zone trips.

Without him they are 1-2, average 24 points a game, 250 yards of offense, and only score on 62% of all red zone trips. Decent stats but we are talking an entire touchdown of difference here.

Tom Brady in the playoffs with Gronk has a completion percentage of 64.6%, 305 passing yards per game, 26/11 touchdown/interception ratio, and a 95.1 QB Rating. Without Gronk his completion percentage is 56.4%, only 265 yards per game, 2/2 touchdown/interception ratio, and a QB Rating of 76.

Hmmm yeah Gronk makes very little difference to the success of this team (this is sarcasm).

Gronk has missed 18 games in the past 7 years yet still leads the NFL in touchdowns during that time span. Whether you want to admit it or not is up to you but he is a huge loss for the Patriots. Doesn't mean their Super Bowl hopes are gone by any means as they still have plenty of weapons but this is a big blow that could cost them a Super Bowl.

Didn't realize they were playing with previous years teams.:L

So how do you explain them not really needing Gronk thus far this year? 8 games 25 catches for 540 yards and sky high 3 tds.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Gronk is a unique weapon though that teams have to double him up just to even try and stop him. There is no weapon in the NFL like him. Players have said this over and over throughout the last few years. Throw in he is great in run blocking so again another blow to not just the passing game but the run game.

Sure, but that hasn't been the case this season. Though his loss hurts, it's not as bad this particular season as some seem to think it is, including yourself. You realize this season they have Bennett, where in past years they did have a TE1 other than Gronk?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you explain them not really needing Gronk thus far this year?

Maybe what has turned out to be an incredibly weak schedule?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that he posted it when no one stated it?

I just saw that you turned a "might not" into a definitive statement for argument's sake.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize they were playing with previous years teams.:L

So how do you explain them not really needing Gronk thus far this year? 8 games 25 catches for 540 yards and sky high 3 tds.

Where did I say they weren't still a talented team? They still have weapons and again their Super Bowl hopes are not completely gone just because Gronk is gone. He is a huge blow to the team though. Yes this hasn't been his best year partly because he just can't seem to get healthy. He was starting to get there though. Before the Seattle game he had averaged 118.25 yards per game and had 3 straight games scoring a touchdown. Those were also 4 of their best offensive outputs of the season when Gronk was at his best averaging 34 points per game. In the games that he hasn't been healthy/barely played they are averaging only 22.4 points per game. Now given some of those are without Brady as the starter at QB but even taking those out where we just look at the games that Brady started without Gronk they averaged 25.3 points per game. Almost 9 points difference with a healthy Gronk. Yup he makes little impact.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe what has turned out to be an incredibly weak schedule?

It's a first place schedule. They don't control the prepicked teams, and can't help the 1st place teams that drop off in play.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a first place schedule. They don't control the prepicked teams, and can't help the 1st place teams that drop off in play.

I'm not saying they can help anything. It just turned out that way. Good for them. I was just answering your question of why they haven't needed Gronk.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say they weren't still a talented team? They still have weapons and again their Super Bowl hopes are not completely gone just because Gronk is gone. He is a huge blow to the team though. Yes this hasn't been his best year partly because he just can't seem to get healthy. He was starting to get there though. Before the Seattle game he had averaged 118.25 yards per game and had 3 straight games scoring a touchdown. Those were also 4 of their best offensive outputs of the season when Gronk was at his best averaging 34 points per game. In the games that he hasn't been healthy/barely played they are averaging only 22.4 points per game. Now given some of those are without Brady as the starter at QB but even taking those out where we just look at the games that Brady started without Gronk they averaged 25.3 points per game. Almost 9 points difference with a healthy Gronk. Yup he makes little impact.

You seem to be leaving something else out that was missing during that time. Hmm wonder if it's because you are not aware of it, or if it's because what you are actually doing is cherry picking. I'm leaning towards cherry picking because it's what you have done in the past.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they can help anything. It just turned out that way. Good for them. I was just answering your question of why they haven't needed Gronk.

And who will they need him against going forward from now till the AFC title game? That's kind of the point, they don't.

Would love to have him, but his loss this year isn't like years past, based on the other weapons they have, Bennet, Lewis, et al, and the return of the OL coach. The drop off is much smaller compared to years past when the team had less weapons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be leaving something else out that was missing during that time. Hmm wonder if it's because you are not aware of it, or if it's because what you are actually doing is cherry picking. I'm leaning towards cherry picking because it's what you have done in the past.

What am I leaving out? I've shown with and without Brady as the starter this offense hasn't performed the same as when they have played with a healthy Gronk not only this season but past seasons. You are the one that tried to cherry pick a stat showing his numbers were not great this year but ignoring the fact that he has only played healthy this year about 4 games. A healthy Gronk=huge impact player. He was getting healthy finally until that Seattle game and the hit he took.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if you are talking about Lewis as the guy I'm leaving out we have no clue how big or little the impact he will make. They have been using White in his role anyway this year with pretty good success so Lewis' impact while it will help won't make up for the loss of a healthy Gronk.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I leaving out? I've shown with and without Brady as the starter this offense hasn't performed the same as when they have played with a healthy Gronk not only this season but past seasons. You are the one that tried to cherry pick a stat showing his numbers were not great this year but ignoring the fact that he has only played healthy this year about 4 games. A healthy Gronk=huge impact player. He was getting healthy finally until that Seattle game and the hit he took.

His loss isn't the same as in previous seasons, you're trying to compare it to how the team was structured in the past, when this isn't the same team.

This years team has a lot more weapons.

Mitchell
Lewis
Hogan
Bennett

All previously not on the team and strong factors on this years team.

The O-line is improved this year from last with the addition of coach Scar. This is a much bigger impact item than Gronk playing or not playing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are obviously not just Gronk (just like the Chiefs weren't just Justin Houston, or the Broncos' Von Miller, and so on and so forth) but it makes the Pats significantly more vulnerable in the near term to teams like the Ravens, Broncos, and an improving Dolphins team. If he can't return right away in the playoffs, it makes life a lot easier for whichever team gets to play the Pats.