• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronkowski = brittle bitch

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after the word "Actually" as I knew what followed made little sense.

It was spot on, you simply haven't seen there games and are going by past years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Edleman carries more of that roll, Gronk is typically in protection, or chipping, in that situation.

Didn't bother to read further after you got that completely wrong.

I guess let's just ignore that Gronk has been one of the top-15 receiving options most years in 1st down catches ahead of your boy Edelman.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess let's just ignore that Gronk has been one of the top-15 receiving options most years in 1st down catches ahead of your boy Edelman.

"Most years", and all plays. neither of which is what was being discussed in reference to Brady and pressure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Most years", and all plays. neither of which is what was being discussed in reference to Brady and pressure.

Well considering Gronk has missed a few games a few of the seasons yes those years he has not been top-15. The years where he has played the most games though he has been a top-15 First Down machine in the NFL. Edelman has never once made that list.

And yes Edelman is another option on those types of plays but to me it has been more the combination of the two that has been huge in those moments. Gronk pulls players from the middle of the field which is where Edelman has destroyed teams with his quick cuts. If a team can leave that linebacker in the middle of the field instead of having to try and bracket Gronk then that makes a huge difference in the windows that are open for Edelman.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering Gronk has missed a few games a few of the seasons yes those years he has not been top-15. The years where he has played the most games though he has been a top-15 First Down machine in the NFL. Edelman has never once made that list.

And yes Edelman is another option on those types of plays but to me it has been more the combination of the two that has been huge in those moments. Gronk pulls players from the middle of the field which is where Edelman has destroyed teams with his quick cuts. If a team can leave that linebacker in the middle of the field instead of having to try and bracket Gronk then that makes a huge difference in the windows that are open for Edelman.

Gronk loss hurts, but minimally compared to previous years, this isn't the same offense and is capable of simply playing a different type game and scoring.

How have the Rams been in recent weeks vs the run? rush Brady all they want they'll just rush it down their throats. it's a very well balanced offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk loss hurts, but minimally compared to previous years, this isn't the same offense and is capable of simply playing a different type game and scoring.

How have the Rams been in recent weeks vs the run? rush Brady all they want they'll just rush it down their throats. it's a very well balanced offense.

Honestly at this point tired of being the one always looking up stats. How about you look this one up and get back to me. I've shown you plenty of stats to which your response is "you're wrong" with producing nothing to actually back up what you have to say. At least I'm throwing out some numbers. You can say they are cherry picked all you want but better than just telling me to take your word for it. I've watched the Pats. I know what they have looked like without Gronk. I have eyes too and they see plenty fine.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly at this point tired of being the one always looking up stats. How about you look this one up and get back to me. I've shown you plenty of stats to which your response is "you're wrong" with producing nothing to actually back up what you have to say. At least I'm throwing out some numbers. You can say they are cherry picked all you want but better than just telling me to take your word for it. I've watched the Pats. I know what they have looked like without Gronk. I have eyes too and they see plenty fine.

Already posted this seasons stats showing you are cherry pi king and living in past season, nothing more needed since cell you were shown to be wrong.

Gronk loss hurts, but only a much smaller scale this time.

Gronk missing won't be why they lose in Denver, or in the post season, if that happens.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already posted this seasons stats showing you are cherry pi king and living in past season, nothing more needed since cell you were shown to be wrong.

Gronk loss hurts, but only a much smaller scale this time.

Gronk missing won't be why they lose in Denver, or in the post season, if that happens.

And there you go again thinking you showed something you didn't. Posting Gronk's game log does nothing. You show a bunch of games where he was injured then a nice 4-game window where he got healthy and the offense exploded. If anything showing his game log proves my point. Again how about you look up the Rams stats and get back to me on how they have done.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you go again thinking you showed something you didn't. Posting Gronk's game log does nothing. You show a bunch of games where he was injured then a nice 4-game window where he got healthy and the offense exploded. If anything showing his game log proves my point. Again how about you look up the Rams stats and get back to me on how they have done.

Four games that happen to be when Brady returned, kind of an important part, and then when he went down again they continued to score.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and the Rams, exceptional D line, team sucks. will give up 30+ this weekend key game injuries excluded.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7

Alright, gotta run. hitting the comedy show tonight at the hotel I'm in. saw this guy lastnight a day he was fing hilarious, catch him if you get a chance.:suds:
Www.mutzie .com

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have produced nothing other than listing a bunch of players' names that outside of New England hardly anybody has ever heard of to replace the production of Gronk. You keep saying he hasn't made the same impact this year but again I"ve shown you in the games where he was finally healthy from his early season injury he dominated like he always has and going into the Seattle game had 3 straight games with a touchdown. He was getting back to his old self and being maybe the biggest impact player outside of a QB on the offensive side of the ball in the NFL. You can deny that but just show me one thing that shows this team is fine without him other than record. And if we want to look at record the 2 games they lost were 2 he was banged up in. IN the 4 games he was finally healthy hey look they were 4-0 producing 34 points a game. You are just going by the hope that these other players will be huge impact guys for the Patriots. Well those impact players you speak of other than Mitchell didn't really do much in this past game and the Patriots offense struggled to score. It looked like the Jets were going to upset them and probably should have.
Cd do you not account for the teams they played in your equation? That may have just a little bit to do with his production/lack of production.
Sorry but @NEPatsfan makes sense. Sure we'd all love to have a healthy Gronk who wouldn't? But this years crop of players Bennett, Hogan, Edelman, Dola and to a lesser extent Mitchell (who appears to be gelling with Brady) are all on THIS Team and healthy for the most part. The players you listed didn't ALL play on the same team. That does make a difference. Blount is running like a beast. NE hasn't seen this since the likes of Corey Dillion. Defenses will need to double Bennett or let him beat them. If he's healthy he's a close second to replacing Gronk. He's a top notch blocker and a coverage nightmare. Bennett actually has been more productive and hasn't done much the past few games.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady should have thrown to Bennett on the goal line.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, are we saying the Patriots are better without Gronk?

Honestly am not wasting my time to read this entire thread to figure out exactly what is going on here

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, are we saying the Patriots are better without Gronk?

Honestly am not wasting my time to read this entire thread to figure out exactly what is going on here

No we are not. We're saying goes the drop off isn't as bad as with the past when he was hurt and out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do NOT want to talk about injuries with a Packer fan
Please every team has them. I'm one of the few that honestly believes it's part of the game. It's the reason NE has been able to stay formidable over the years. They don't overpay for players so they can afford quality second stringers. NE set a record for Oline combinations last year due to injuries. Not including Blount, Gronk, Lewis.... you never heard me use the excuse of injuries. NE still found a way to win. Injuries suck but they're like inclement weather it happen, deal with it.
My sarcastic response was directed at your inability to realize NE like everyone has had to deal with their fair share of injuries. Like one each TB12 for an entire season.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much the Patriots offense has been slowed down without Gronk. But my fantasy team sure has been hindered by this guy constantly being injured. :gaah:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15193605_1315368131843205_65209007609821188_n.jpg

15319062_1315396348507050_9156055585865979781_n.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cd do you not account for the teams they played in your equation? That may have just a little bit to do with his production/lack of production.
Sorry but @NEPatsfan makes sense. Sure we'd all love to have a healthy Gronk who wouldn't? But this years crop of players Bennett, Hogan, Edelman, Dola and to a lesser extent Mitchell (who appears to be gelling with Brady) are all on THIS Team and healthy for the most part. The players you listed didn't ALL play on the same team. That does make a difference. Blount is running like a beast. NE hasn't seen this since the likes of Corey Dillion. Defenses will need to double Bennett or let him beat them. If he's healthy he's a close second to replacing Gronk. He's a top notch blocker and a coverage nightmare. Bennett actually has been more productive and hasn't done much the past few games.

Well if we are only looking at the last 2 games which is what NEPats fan wants to do they played the 32nd scoring defense and the 21st scoring defense. Both teams held the Patriots to under their season average.

Compare that then to the 4 games where Brady and Gronk were both healthy and playing they played Cleveland who is ranked 31st in the league but the Pats went over the Browns season average by 4 points, over the Bengals season average by 13 points, over the Steelers season average by 7 points, and over the Bills season average by 20 points. So again when we are looking at things like that we are seeing a trend of the impact that when healthy Gronk makes for this team. You can say they have better weapons this year which I would agree with, but that doesn't mean that Gronk still wasn't the best weapon beyond Brady that the Pats have/had. He was still the one player above the rest that teams game planned for in how to stop. Seattle showed the ultimate respect if you go back and watch that game of pretty much bracketing him with 2 All-Pro talent players almost every single play he was in. And before his injury he was still on track to match those 4 games before averaging over 100 yards a game. 2 All-Pro players couldn't stop him without an injury to help them.

Again I think some Pats fans are misunderstanding what others are saying...They (and me) are not saying the Pats are not still a very good team. We are saying they are more vulnerable now than before. They looked like the clear front runner for the AFC and maybe they still go out and win it as you have a HOF QB and Coach which is about the best combination you can have in the NFL. Still I can promise you every fanbase and even every team out there likes their chances much more when playing the Pats without Gronk in the lineup. To me he is one of those players that you look at and he is worth a touchdown a game difference just by him being on the field. The stats have shown that throughout his career of games when he plays vs games he misses. Heck again even this season he has missed quite a few games or barely played because of injury. I would say those first 4 games and these final 3 games fall into that category. Like I showed before the points per game is 9 points difference. Yes some of those are without Brady but then again even in the games with Brady the drop off has still been 8 points if we just look at the last 2 games. And again maybe looking at points compared to average given up by the opposing team is the best way to see they have struggled more without him but have been fortunate to play 2 very bad teams.