• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronkowski = brittle bitch

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are only looking at the last 2 games which is what NEPats fan wants to do they played the 32nd scoring defense and the 21st scoring defense. Both teams held the Patriots to under their season average.

Compare that then to the 4 games where Brady and Gronk were both healthy and playing they played Cleveland who is ranked 31st in the league but the Pats went over the Browns season average by 4 points, over the Bengals season average by 13 points, over the Steelers season average by 7 points, and over the Bills season average by 20 points. So again when we are looking at things like that we are seeing a trend of the impact that when healthy Gronk makes for this team. You can say they have better weapons this year which I would agree with, but that doesn't mean that Gronk still wasn't the best weapon beyond Brady that the Pats have/had. He was still the one player above the rest that teams game planned for in how to stop. Seattle showed the ultimate respect if you go back and watch that game of pretty much bracketing him with 2 All-Pro talent players almost every single play he was in. And before his injury he was still on track to match those 4 games before averaging over 100 yards a game. 2 All-Pro players couldn't stop him without an injury to help them.

Again I think some Pats fans are misunderstanding what others are saying...They (and me) are not saying the Pats are not still a very good team. We are saying they are more vulnerable now than before. They looked like the clear front runner for the AFC and maybe they still go out and win it as you have a HOF QB and Coach which is about the best combination you can have in the NFL. Still I can promise you every fanbase and even every team out there likes their chances much more when playing the Pats without Gronk in the lineup. To me he is one of those players that you look at and he is worth a touchdown a game difference just by him being on the field. The stats have shown that throughout his career of games when he plays vs games he misses. Heck again even this season he has missed quite a few games or barely played because of injury. I would say those first 4 games and these final 3 games fall into that category. Like I showed before the points per game is 9 points difference. Yes some of those are without Brady but then again even in the games with Brady the drop off has still been 8 points if we just look at the last 2 games. And again maybe looking at points compared to average given up by the opposing team is the best way to see they have struggled more without him but have been fortunate to play 2 very bad teams.
Not at all I think most of us NE fans know know we are more vunerable. Anytime a team loses a player like Gronk you're going to be more vunerable. What we are saying, is some fans are comparing the drop off in production to years past. You can't do that. This is a different team. NE have better players this year that will likely make them better than years past.
The key point you are missing is the ranking of those defenses not how many points better NE is when TB and Gronk were healthy. The one abnormality was Buf. Naturally NE should be more productive. Heck my HS team would be more productive against them.
Besides we know BB will convert some no name OT into a formidable TE for the playoff run, lol.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all I think most of us NE fans know know we are more vunerable. Anytime a team loses a player like Gronk you're going to be more vunerable. What we are saying, is some fans are comparing the drop off in production to years past. You can't do that. This is a different team. NE have better players this year that will likely make them better than years past.
The key point you are missing is the ranking of those defenses not how many points better NE is when TB and Gronk were healthy. The one abnormality was Buf. Naturally NE should be more productive. Heck my HS team would be more productive against them.
Besides we know BB will convert some no name OT into a formidable TE for the playoff run, lol.

I'm not missing the rankings of those defenses. These past 2 games against the Jets and 49ers are 2 bad defenses. San Fran might be the worst defense in the NFL and the Jets are bottom half for sure. In both of those games they did not even make it to the season average of points given up against those 2 teams. Dolphins, Bucs, Bills, Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints all scored more points against that 49ers defense. So 7 of the other 10 teams were able to put up more points against them. The only reason the 49ers do not look even worse is that 28-0 win the first game of the season. Otherwise we are talking historically bad defense. Again Jets they scored under their season average given up. Those 4 games when Gronk was healthy not a single one were they under the season average for that team. So let's not even look at comparing defenses they faced during those 2 periods just look at how they were able to do compared to other teams that have played those teams. With Gronk they were maybe the best offense in football and now without him they are still a top half of the league unit but there has been a decent drop off in my opinion. I think the stats back that up. Obviously though we have a very small sample size that could be changed dramatically by one terrible or great game this week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing the rankings of those defenses. These past 2 games against the Jets and 49ers are 2 bad defenses. San Fran might be the worst defense in the NFL and the Jets are bottom half for sure. In both of those games they did not even make it to the season average of points given up against those 2 teams. Dolphins, Bucs, Bills, Cardinals, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints all scored more points against that 49ers defense. So 7 of the other 10 teams were able to put up more points against them. The only reason the 49ers do not look even worse is that 28-0 win the first game of the season. Otherwise we are talking historically bad defense. Again Jets they scored under their season average given up. Those 4 games when Gronk was healthy not a single one were they under the season average for that team. So let's not even look at comparing defenses they faced during those 2 periods just look at how they were able to do compared to other teams that have played those teams. With Gronk they were maybe the best offense in football and now without him they are still a top half of the league unit but there has been a decent drop off in my opinion. I think the stats back that up. Obviously though we have a very small sample size that could be changed dramatically by one terrible or great game this week.
Fair enough. This is why I don't put a lot of stock in stats and cyber metrics. We can overanalyze till we're blue in the face. I believe in the KISS method. A win is a win. Some teams regardless of record or health will win or make a game closer than predicted. That's why Vegas bookmakers exsist. Otherwise there would be no need to play the games.
Pats ARE NOT the threat they were yesterday. But they are more of a threat than you're trying to claim. Another very simple equation is there are only so many balls to go around. I challenge any team to single cover Bennett now.
Good luck only time will tell.
Oh in case I didn't mention NE is not as good without Gronk.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we are not. We're saying goes the drop off isn't as bad as with the past when he was hurt and out.

I'm not so sure. The offense has been pretty drab without Gronk in the line-up, regardless if they throw to him or not. Granted it could just be the awful play-calling and terrible OL protection. Yes the Pats have been winning without Gronk on the field but they were winning by a lot more with him. I'm not so sure how far this team goes in the play-offs without Gronk (which is is looking like they will be without his services)

What I don't get is why he played in the Jets game?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. The offense has been pretty drab without Gronk in the line-up, regardless if they throw to him or not. Granted it could just be the awful play-calling and terrible OL protection. Yes the Pats have been winning without Gronk on the field but they were winning by a lot more with him. I'm not so sure how far this team goes in the play-offs without Gronk (which is is looking like they will be without his services)

What I don't get is why he played in the Jets game?

They are saying the injury happened in the Jets game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying the injury happened in the Jets game.

the herniated disk, but he was hurt before and still was no where near 100% healthy before Jets game. ie: never should have played (hindsight... i know).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the herniated disk, but he was hurt before and still was no where near 100% healthy before Jets game. ie: never should have played (hindsight... i know).

He was good to go.

Herm Edwards nailed it. He's a clumsy player. Falls hard. Some guys fall like snowflakes. He falls like a bag of rocks...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good to go.

Herm Edwards nailed it. He's a clumsy player. Falls hard. Some guys fall like snowflakes. He falls like a bag of rocks...

He didn't look 100% from the get go

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is 100% at this point? Was Brady 100%?

Gronk was good to play.

Good point. I just meant he didn't look healthy enough to play and it showed on his route running (or lack there of). The Pats should have rested him for the Jets game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see the "might not" in his post?
Come on. You know how it works with nEpatsfan and nWpatsfan. Any post that says anything other than the Pats are the greatest will be fought for the next 5 days:lm:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. You know how it works with nEpatsfan and nWpatsfan. Any post that says anything other than the Pats are the greatest will be fought for the next 5 days:lm:
Five days? That's just the honeymoon. There is plenty of dumb from posters like yourself to keep us busy for months. Thanks for playing.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I click on "New Posts", this bech is at the top.

He's a brittle bitch.

No he's not.

Yes he is.

Nope.

Yup.

EOT

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he KO'd for the season before like this and miss this much time?

In 2013 he only started 6 games, 11 games in 2010 and 12, and 10 games in 14 games . Only played 16 games in 1 season out of 7