• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk: Torn ACL -- Damaged MCL

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the Globe:

A league source confirmed that Gronkowski tore his ACL and also suffered damage to his MCL.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he won't be back this season and there's a very good chance he'll miss part or all of next season. Even if he's back, he will most likely not be full strength at any point next year.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he is out till at least October.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're finished. no sb again due to injuries. we needed the offense to be their best since the defense was injured now we lose gronk and the offense wont be able to make up the gap. whats worse is when we lose the other team and trolls will be talking smack but if we were healthy the pats would kick their ass. i dont mind at all losing straight up to a better team, i cant stand losing when we are crippled with injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're finished. no sb again due to injuries. we needed the offense to be their best since the defense was injured now we lose gronk and the offense wont be able to make up the gap. whats worse is when we lose the other team and trolls will be talking smack but if we were healthy the pats would kick their ass. i dont mind at all losing straight up to a better team, i cant stand losing when we are crippled with injuries.

At this point in the season I think most every team though has at least one serious injury especially this season where it has been statistically proven that there have been more injuries than ever. So it isn't just the Patriots who are banged up right now.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season I think most every team though has at least one serious injury especially this season where it has been statistically proven that there have been more injuries than ever. So it isn't just the Patriots who are banged up right now.
no not every team has the same amount of injuries. kc oline hasnt missed a game together. we lost half our oline, half our dline, two allpro te's, an allpro linebacker, our corners are dinged up. we got more stud players on ir than any team i bet.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i think that was washingtons oline that played together all season not kc.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no not every team has the same amount of injuries. kc oline hasnt missed a game together. we lost half our oline, half our dline, two allpro te's, an allpro linebacker, our corners are dinged up. we got more stud players on ir than any team i bet.

Well you would lose that bet just so you know. Panthers are 1st in the league with players on IR at 15. Patriots are tied for 8th with 9 (although not sure if the list has Gronk on it yet or not). Broncos right now are tied with the Patriots.

The Broncos right now have players completely out or have missed games this season at 5 of the starting positions on offense, and all but 2 positions on defense this season. So yes I understand the frustration of injuries and how it can dismantle what looks like a Super Bowl caliber season.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you would lose that bet just so you know. Panthers are 1st in the league with players on IR at 15. Patriots are tied for 8th with 9 (although not sure if the list has Gronk on it yet or not). Broncos right now are tied with the Patriots.

The Broncos right now have players completely out or have missed games this season at 5 of the starting positions on offense, and all but 2 positions on defense this season. So yes I understand the frustration of injuries and how it can dismantle what looks like a Super Bowl caliber season.
i said stud players. nobody cares if a third string scrub is on ir. pats have multiple players that are the best in the league or right at the top on ir.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said stud players. nobody cares if a third string scrub is on ir. pats have multiple players that are the best in the league or right at the top on ir.

Stud player by your definition or by people not fans of the New England Patriots? Now yes New England has suffered some pretty serious injuries this year I will give you that. To say yours are way more serious than anybody elses though is very subjective. The Broncos for example have lost their All-Pro Left Tackle, pro bowl corner, starting Center who was playing at a pro bowl level before he was hurt, pro bowl Right Guard, Best Defensive Tackle (close between Vickerson and Knighton), Wolfe (not sure if he is returning after his seizures), and Best Safety. Those are the players that are most likely out for the year for the Broncos. They are all key players that definitely would have helped this team but it is what it is.

Like I said calling someone a "Stud Player" is very subjective in itself.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stud player by your definition or by people not fans of the New England Patriots? Now yes New England has suffered some pretty serious injuries this year I will give you that. To say yours are way more serious than anybody elses though is very subjective. The Broncos for example have lost their All-Pro Left Tackle, pro bowl corner, starting Center who was playing at a pro bowl level before he was hurt, pro bowl Right Guard, Best Defensive Tackle (close between Vickerson and Knighton), Wolfe (not sure if he is returning after his seizures), and Best Safety. Those are the players that are most likely out for the year for the Broncos. They are all key players that definitely would have helped this team but it is what it is.

Like I said calling someone a "Stud Player" is very subjective in itself.
yes you are right it is subjective, dan koppen is the biggest scrub center in the league probowl my ass. we didnt even want to bring him back in free agency all he did was get blown up left and right for the lst four years he played here. i think its common sense the pats injuries to stud players are more severe than anyone if you know anything about football.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it feels so severe to Patriots fans because of who we've lost. We've lost two of our three best players (DT, TE), plus our best OL, plus our second best DT, plus our best LB, with our best three CBs missing every other game, it seems.

We're not just talking starters, here - we've literally lost four of the 6-7 best players on the team, plus further injuries. We have five players on IR with at least one All Pro team appearance, only one of whom is past his prime.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes you are right it is subjective, dan koppen is the biggest scrub center in the league probowl my ass. we didnt even want to bring him back in free agency all he did was get blown up left and right for the lst four years he played here. i think its common sense the pats injuries to stud players are more severe than anyone if you know anything about football.

Koppen wasn't the guy I was talking about. The player expected to be the Broncos starting Center this year was JD Walton. Before his injury he graded out as the best Starting Center in the NFL but now hasn't played in a season and a half which is why the Broncos brought back Koppen to only see him go down too and having to use a guy that had never played Center at the position.

I know plenty about football thank you very much. If those injuries were so severe then why are the Patriots still winning? IF they have scrubs on the field shouldn't they be losing? I know a star quarterback can help mask some of the deficiencies on a team but even when Brady was playing horrible to start the season the team was winning. You have been bragging about that elite defense all year long but now all of a sudden they are nothing? Weren't you the one talking about how losing Wilfork wouldn't be that big of a deal?

Now yes I will admit the Gronk injury is huge. Him in the Patriots offense made them a scary group to deal with. The only other key injuries that I can see would be Mayo and Wilfork. I realize all 3 of those guys are important but I could say the same for the Broncos this year in losing Ryan Clady, Champ Bailey (might return but most know he is most likely done for the year), and Rahim Moore. All 3 are very high quality players that have graded out top 5 at their respective positions.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last second comeback wins over the Cleveland Browns aren't exactly great evidence that the Patriots are fine...

We could have absorbed the loss of Wilfork Mayo and Kelly if the offense was at an elite level. Gronk was the guy we needed to have for that to happen, now he's gone. Without him, we are *not* winning a shootout with the Broncos. At every turn it seems like whoever the most essential player on the team is, except Brady (and I'm knocking on wood right now), that's the guy who gets hurt next.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last second comeback wins over the Cleveland Browns aren't exactly great evidence that the Patriots are fine...

We could have absorbed the loss of Wilfork Mayo and Kelly if the offense was at an elite level. Gronk was the guy we needed to have for that to happen, now he's gone. Without him, we are *not* winning a shootout with the Broncos. At every turn it seems like whoever the most essential player on the team is, except Brady (and I'm knocking on wood right now), that's the guy who gets hurt next.

I agree it doesn't breed confidence at this time. Gronk was a huge one to lose. Injuries do seem to be derailing what looked like a great season for the Patriots and honestly I was hoping the Broncos and Patriots could both be closer to full strength at this time to truly see who could come out on top. Many in Bronconation thought our season was close to over when Clady went down and then especially when Peyton ended up getting hurt and struggling for a few games. Somehow we have been able to stick a band aid at times on some of that and the Patriots were doing a good job sticking a band aid on it but Gronk might be what puts them over the top of not being able to stop the bleeding. He is probably only one of two players that just scare the hell out of me when we have to face them with Calvin Johnson being the only other one.

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koppen wasn't the guy I was talking about. The player expected to be the Broncos starting Center this year was JD Walton. Before his injury he graded out as the best Starting Center in the NFL but now hasn't played in a season and a half which is why the Broncos brought back Koppen to only see him go down too and having to use a guy that had never played Center at the position.

I know plenty about football thank you very much. If those injuries were so severe then why are the Patriots still winning? IF they have scrubs on the field shouldn't they be losing? I know a star quarterback can help mask some of the deficiencies on a team but even when Brady was playing horrible to start the season the team was winning. You have been bragging about that elite defense all year long but now all of a sudden they are nothing? Weren't you the one talking about how losing Wilfork wouldn't be that big of a deal?

Now yes I will admit the Gronk injury is huge. Him in the Patriots offense made them a scary group to deal with. The only other key injuries that I can see would be Mayo and Wilfork. I realize all 3 of those guys are important but I could say the same for the Broncos this year in losing Ryan Clady, Champ Bailey (might return but most know he is most likely done for the year), and Rahim Moore. All 3 are very high quality players that have graded out top 5 at their respective positions.

Show me anywhere that says the Broncos center graded out to be the best and I'll show you a list that's full of shit. Because that guy's not better than the Pouncey brothers. You sit here trying to get over with the Broncos having injuries more damaging than the Pats. My guess is you can't name the 3 Pats O-line players missing. And that's just for starters.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

look its ok to admit to yourself the pats have been screwed with injuries and they are a shell of a team than they were healthy, and that the pats demise this year will be directly linked to that. not every team in the league has been through what the pats have been through. not "every team has injuries", not to stud players best in the league. i know you will want credit if you beat the pats in the playoffs but i can assure you it will not be coming. not from me anyway.

i said we would be ok without wilfork, thats when we had tommy kelly, jerod mayo, and the hope armond armstead was coming in to play.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look its ok to admit to yourself the pats have been screwed with injuries and they are a shell of a team than they were healthy, and that the pats demise this year will be directly linked to that. not every team in the league has been through what the pats have been through. not "every team has injuries", not to stud players best in the league. i know you will want credit if you beat the pats in the playoffs but i can assure you it will not be coming. not from me anyway.

i said we would be ok without wilfork, thats when we had tommy kelly, jerod mayo, and the hope armond armstead was coming in to play.

Similarly, our OL is ok without Vollmer and Cannon, and would be ok if Solder went down if we still had Vollmer, but if Solder goes down, we won't have the personnel to adjust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me anywhere that says the Broncos center graded out to be the best and I'll show you a list that's full of shit. Because that guy's not better than the Pouncey brothers. You sit here trying to get over with the Broncos having injuries more damaging than the Pats. My guess is you can't name the 3 Pats O-line players missing. And that's just for starters.

Sheesh was just trying to show that other teams have some pretty serious injuries as well. I'm not trying to say the Broncos injuries are more serious than the Patriots. I'm trying to show through using my own team as an example that there have been some pretty serious injuries like that of Ryan Clady who has been huge for the Broncos. Doesn't mean I think that it makes it more serious than that of the Patriots just that right now every team has at least a handful of starters out. Look at the stats this season and the number of games that starters have missed is the highest it has ever been so injuries across the NFL are very much on the rise.

Vollmer is one, Connolly missed some time but isn't he back, and then Marcus Cannon are the only ones that comes to my mind of guys that have missed time on the OL for the Patriots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also it was on ProFootballFocus that after the first 5 weeks of last year (played against 3 playoff teams in those games) he graded out as the best starting Center in the NFL. Then he was injured and Koppen came in and graded out as the 22nd best Center in the NFL.