• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk: Torn ACL -- Damaged MCL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look its ok to admit to yourself the pats have been screwed with injuries and they are a shell of a team than they were healthy, and that the pats demise this year will be directly linked to that. not every team in the league has been through what the pats have been through. not "every team has injuries", not to stud players best in the league. i know you will want credit if you beat the pats in the playoffs but i can assure you it will not be coming. not from me anyway.

i said we would be ok without wilfork, thats when we had tommy kelly, jerod mayo, and the hope armond armstead was coming in to play.

Your approval is not needed for me to feel good about the Broncos winning in the playoffs if they do so. Yes I would love to see what the Broncos and Patriots would be like facing off fully healthy for both teams. Both rosters were pretty darn loaded this year and unfortunately some key injuries to BOTH teams have upset some of that dream. Now have the Patriots suffered bigger injuries...That is subjective but I will admit they have suffered some bigger injuries that have probably tilted things the way of the Broncos for say a rematch. Anything can happen so wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots beat us in the playoffs either though.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have seen substantial injuries. I'm not sure why it has to be a competition.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note:

no not every team has the same amount of injuries. kc oline hasnt missed a game together. we lost half our oline, half our dline, two allpro te's, an allpro linebacker, our corners are dinged up. we got more stud players on ir than any team i bet.

Counting Hernandez, seriously?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If another fan is being respectful here and contributing the discussion they are more than welcome. No need to attack for no reason.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If another fan is being respectful here and contributing the discussion they are more than welcome. No need to attack for no reason.

You know what. You want to allow trolls to start shit up? Be my guest. There is a reason why this board has had no traffic from the guys over at ESPN who had to put up with trolls for a decade.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not being the aggressor here. You are.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not being the aggressor here. You are.

No - actually, you are the aggressor by allowing trolls to post on a Patriots board since you are the mod. Do you see any of us going to another teams' board? No. You know why? We don't give a shit about other teams other than who we are playing that week.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post on several other teams's boards. Being a fan of a different team != being a troll.

I have no desire to go further with this discussion. It is unproductive. This board will be welcome to all who are interested in legitimate, Patriots related discussion as long as I have a say. The only people who will have any action taken on my end are those who attempt to disrupt that, regardless of team affiliation. It's that simple.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post on several other teams's boards. Being a fan of a different team != being a troll.

I have no desire to go further with this discussion. It is unproductive. This board will be welcome to all who are interested in legitimate, Patriots related discussion as long as I have a say. The only people who will have any action taken on my end are those who attempt to disrupt that, regardless of team affiliation. It's that simple.

Thats' nice. Do you like apples too?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM, I appreciate your position. That said, I've found that Cdumler7 is simply incapable of conceding a point and that gets tiring.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if I have come across as some kind of troll. I figured since New England fans were coming over to the Bronco board lately that it was fine for me to come here and converse with you as well. I respect the Patriots and their organization and how they have set the standard of how to run an organization in the NFL and remember hoping when McDaniels got fired that the Broncos could find somebody to run the organization a lot like the Patriots. I still think even with Gronk's injury that the Patriots are the 2nd best team in the AFC and still think this is a 2 horse race for the Super Bowl in the AFC.

Anyway I apologize again for coming across to some of you as a troll and will leave this board.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDUMLER7 simply stated an opinion... if you disagree just stat your facts in a nice manner. Why the hatred? The Patriots DO come to Denver boards at times and a couple are TRUE trolls. Now many of you have seen me on this board being kind... wishing Gronk was not hurt before the news came out that he was out for the season...

I also agree that stating a possible serial killer as losing a player is quite a stretch.. Hernandez?? CMon man... Gronk is a huge loss but the Pats could have brought back Welker who is a STUD btw, 73 catches with 10 tds in 11 games played but they choose not to and go with DA. It is what it is but I think what was stated was many teams lose studs in a season but adjustments are made and my guess is that the Pats are NOT done yet. Adjustments will be made and they will still be a scary team.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no not every team has the same amount of injuries. kc oline hasnt missed a game together. we lost half our oline, half our dline, two allpro te's, an allpro linebacker, our corners are dinged up. we got more stud players on ir than any team i bet.

We lost one all Pro TE. I stated this before the Gronk injury this team needs to draft a TE early this year, Gronk, while I hate to use injury prone seems to get injured a lot. When he is healthy he is the best TE in the league and makes this team so much better. When we had a one two punch last year the offense was fantastic. Between all the injuries on defense and at the O Line this team is done.

Why waste your time bantering back and forth with cdulmer you know that conversation is going nowhere, he is here to troll.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider cdumler7 a troll at all. It's just that if the Pats lost Brady, he'd somehow equate it to a practice squad player the Broncos lost.

Pats are pretty much injured to the point of no return.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider cdumler7 a troll at all. It's just that if the Pats lost Brady, he'd somehow equate it to a practice squad player the Broncos lost.

Pats are pretty much injured to the point of no return.

Yep. And I am of the opinion that this is BBs finest year of coaching I have witenessed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing...we should be 12-1 and if not for the Cinci monsoon, possibly undefeated.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a reasonably objective look at which teams are the most affected by injury, this seems like a pretty unbiased way to do it: look at cap room tied up on IR. The one significant downside would be that it underrates injured but high quality players playing on rookie deals.

The top 5:
Rams -- $28.8 million
Patriots -- $27.4 million
Texans -- $26.1 million
Bengals -- $21.4 million
Giants - $19.7 million

That sounds about right to me. The Rams did lose their franchise QB for the season, after all.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be tough without Gronk, but we still have Brady. It does suck with all the key injuries this season and considering Gronk will start next season where he started this season, PUP.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a reasonably objective look at which teams are the most affected by injury, this seems like a pretty unbiased way to do it: look at cap room tied up on IR. The one significant downside would be that it underrates injured but high quality players playing on rookie deals.

The top 5:
Rams -- $28.8 million
Patriots -- $27.4 million
Texans -- $26.1 million
Bengals -- $21.4 million
Giants - $19.7 million

That sounds about right to me. The Rams did lose their franchise QB for the season, after all.
yea exactly nice post. this sums it up. pats should be #1 too cuz bradford is a qb, top draft pick, and they get insane contracts. and bradford isnt in the discussion for top 5 qbs in the league, all pats ir players are, so rams #1 ranking is missleading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like to see injuries, but I must say, it is nice to see briz squirm in misery. No offense to all the non-troll Pats fans.