• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman has to go..

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this: when is the last time you heard anyone complain about the offensive coordinator when that team had a good QB?

I don't pay that much attention to what other teams are doing that way, but I remember Eddie D firing Marc Trestman when the 49ers had a good QB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasnt exactly had WR friendly QBs since he has been here.

and about Crabtrees routes this year, I think he is coming off an injury in the off season/preseason. Didnt he re-aggravate his toe again or ankle. Or maybe it was a hammy... :scratch:

Here are the WRs the 49ers have drafted since 2009

Bruce Ellington
Michael Crabtree
Quintan Patton
AJ Jenkins
Ronald Johnson
Kyle Williams

Ellington is a rookie so that kind of explains that. But why hasn't Patton sniffed the field yet? AJ Jenkins was a flat out bust. Who is Ronald Johnson and what happened to him? We all know about Kyle Williams. It isn't like any of the older draftees went on to star somewhere else.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the WRs the 49ers have drafted since 2009

Bruce Ellington
Michael Crabtree
Quintan Patton
AJ Jenkins
Ronald Johnson
Kyle Williams

Ellington is a rookie so that kind of explains that. But why hasn't Patton sniffed the field yet? AJ Jenkins was a flat out bust. Who is Ronald Johnson and what happened to him? We all know about Kyle Williams. It isn't like any of the older draftees went on to star somewhere else.
Hard to say why Patton hasnt seen the field, but ahead of him in the depth chart are some solid guys that have been pretty productive in their careers.

I think the lack of production from our drafted WR is more an indictment on Baalke's ability to evaluate the position and our then it is Mortons coaching prowess.

And like I said before, the person throwing the ball has some impact on WR production. Smith not really a guy to put up big numbers with his receivers. His production came from the TE's and spreading the rest of the touches through out the WR core. In Keaps case we know he likes to go with whoever the primary option is, So whoever the #1 WR is going into the season is the guy that is gunna get the 1000 yards and 8-10 TDs. everybody else is S-O-L.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hard to say why Patton hasnt seen the field, but ahead of him in the depth chart are some solid guys that have been pretty productive in their careers.

I think the lack of production from our drafted WR is more an indictment on Baalke's ability to evaluate the position and our then it is Mortons coaching prowess.

And like I said before, the person throwing the ball has some impact on WR production. Smith not really a guy to put up big numbers with his receivers. His production came from the TE's and spreading the rest of the touches through out the WR core. In Keaps case we know he likes to go with whoever the primary option is, So whoever the #1 WR is going into the season is the guy that is gunna get the 1000 yards and 8-10 TDs. everybody else is S-O-L.

Looking at their track record, the organization has a serious serious problem with drafting and developing the WR. Not sure who all is to blame, but they bettter face that reality and fix it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman is out it looks like. He will finish the year but most likely be done. Rumors flying around.

roman actually thinks he has a shot at the HC position if Harbaugh leaves. LOL

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman is out it looks like. He will finish the year but most likely be done. Rumors flying around.

roman actually thinks he has a shot at the HC position if Harbaugh leaves. LOL

Where are you hearing these rumors? Do you have a source? If Harbaugh leaves, Roman is gone. Most new head coaches want their own guys.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no playoffs this year. I mean when Andy lee is playing bad u know Harbaugh lost the team.

I agree and when coaches lose the team/locker room, time to move on! I'm thankful for what JH has brought to the Niners, but his coaching ways and ego aren't going to change.